Christmas Special

Many Paws for Thoughts!

authors babbling:

Oh guys and gals, I am so sorry for taking so long to getting around to this fic but I've been a bit caught up with life and a strange little thing I've started which is my Christmas Challange 2015 where I have to write 24 stories on the 24 days of Christmas. So that's taken up most of my writing time. However since it's Day 5 and the subject of my writing happenes to be our wonderful Hero, I couldn't help but share this little piece of Christmas nonsense with you all to make up for my lack of updating. I hope you enjoy this little madness. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~

It’s getting to be Christmas and I completely love Christmas!

 

There’s everyone around at our house and lots of brightly coloured things that move or send lots of pretty lights about that I can chase about for hours and then there’s a whole lot of paper too which is fun to play with and tastes really nice. Though Daddy Sehun always tries to tell me off for eating it because he says that it’s bad for my tummy but I don’t think Daddy Sehun has ever actually eaten paper before so I don’t think that he honestly knows about it.

 

Still I cheat and hide some of it around the place so that I can eat it without being caught. –happy wag of tail-

 

But my most favouritest thing in the entire world is when ChewChew comes into the house, carrying a larger than life big stick that smells really pretty and is not to be chewed on in the slightest cause it has these weird little spikey things on that really hurt.

 

Plus I had to be taken to the v…e…t when I did that when I was a puppy and there’s no way that I ever want to go back there again. Though if the nice lady with all the treats is there then I wouldn’t mind that much cause she gave me lots and lots of them, along with hugs when I had to go and have a little operation.

 

Something to do with not chasing other little girl doggies or something.

 

I didn’t really understand it at the time and still don’t quite know what happened but I’m perfectly fine now and have no worries about playing with little girl doggies in the slightest.

 

But anyway, back to the big stick that ChewChew brings in. It’s actually taller than himself and it takes him and Smoke to put it up and I would help but Puff is determined to distract me with a big spikey pink ball that lights up and is so pretty that I want to just play with it for hours. Actually I’m currently pounding around the house so proudly to show it off to everyone and make them throw it for me so I can take it to the next person.

 

The only slight hiccup with that is that I enter the first floor bathroom come paddley pool where Fish is and he’s in that strange monster form of his that makes me yelp out of fear, drop the ball and turn tail for a few seconds.

 

Before realising that the monster Fish has my ball and I want it back!

But I don’t want to face the monster fish cause it’s big, icky and scary and I just don’t know what to do with it in the slightest.

 

Except maybe bark at it a little and nip at the little tentacle things, though last time I tried that I bit down too hard and caused a huge upset which resulted in me hiding from everyone in the corner of the room.

 

Thankfully though the door to the paddley pool room opens and the none Monster Fish Fish is coming out to give me back my ball. Granted he’s got a towel around his midsection but that doesn’t matter as I bound over to him and leap up to give him a great big hug!

 

Only to flatten him as I didn’t realise that he wasn’t that stable on his feet but I immediately make up for it with a bunch of slobbery kisses.

 

“Gah! Whoa, okay Hero!” Fish says brightly, “I’m fine, I don’t need a wash!”

 

I beg to differ cause he smells like that horrible Monster Fish and that thing doesn’t smell nice in the slightest.

 

“Soo! Come and get Sehun’s crazy puppy off me!” Fish yells loudly and I huff slightly in annoyance. I am a big doggie now, now a puppy anymore and I’ll tackle Fish some more for saying that about me.

 

Though as soon as I hear the light footsteps of Cookie I know better than to hang around and make a quick grab for my new ball before rushing off to find whoever else I can in order to show off my wonderful new ball too.

 

However I quickly gather that everyone has gone downstairs once again so I head down in very quick order cause it’s not fair that I should be alone upstairs when there is no one to play ball with me.

 

So I reach the top of the stairs, drop the ball down to go chasing after it – because what else were stairs really invented for other than to make a great ball dropper down – and within two bounds I have the ball in my mouth so I go clipping into the room as there’s virtually no carpet in the house.

 

Within seconds the ball is completely forgotten about however because….well forgive me for going just a little crazy here…

THERE’S A GREAT BIG BOX OF TOYS!

 

“Whoa! Hero!” Daddy Sehun yells as I charge towards the box and he just heads me off before I can get there, “No. These aren’t for you, they’re for the tree.”

 

But Daddy Sehun, they look all so pretty and sparkly and I just want to play with them! I won’t do anything bad in the slightest.

 

A chuckle comes from behind me and I turn at hearing Baekhyun, “Ha, fat chance of him leaving the stuff alone. Here, Hero, come and see what I brought you.”

 

“Baekhyun,” several voices go at once with that strangely worried tone that suggests that Baekhyun is going to do something that will get him into trouble. In fact that’s the main reason I know his name because everyone used to shout at him constantly for one thing or another so it was very easy to remember out of everything else.

 

For a second or two I was confused as to why he was getting yelled at because as far as I could see he was helping the rest out by keeping me entertained.

That was just before there came a loud ‘Squeeeeeak!’ from the new toy that he had for me.

 

Ah.

 

WOOF! WANT!

 

Immediately Baekhyun was giggling loudly at everyone’s misfortune as I grabbed hold of the toy and went squeaking about all over the living room with the biggest and happiest expression I could muster. I completely love squeaky toys! They’re so much fun and once you break the squeak in them by chewing it too much everyone is happy.

 

So for the next ten minutes I’m chasing the squeaky thing around, squeaking it like mad and throwing it back and forth until it lands in a pile of shiny stuff.

 

For a second I’m confused, wondering if it’s safe to grab but since all of my Daddies are busy at the moment, I figure that it’ll be fine and no harm will come of it. So I grab the squeaky toy and start rushing off with it once again.

 

Only to hear a sudden commotion behind me as I didn’t realise that I picked up a length of the shiny sparkly blue rope with me and I’m dragging it around all over the place. Quickly all of my Daddies are chasing me about trying to get my squeaky toy and there’s no way that I’m allowing that but in my haste to get away I’ve forgotten that I’m dragging the long sparkly rope and get promptly tangled up in it to fall flat on my face.

 

Which is good cause that makes everyone else fall flat on my face and that means only one thing.

 

DOG PILE!

 

It’s a little while later that everyone has finally managed to get calmed down, stopped laughing and generally untangled themselves from the glittery silver rope even though Rainbow playfully half choked me with some of it a little while ago whilst claiming that he was trying to wrap a nice big bow around my neck. That last all of five seconds because I don’t like anything other than my collar around my neck but Rainbow did not seem to be overly fussed by it in the slightest.

 

The big branch is all sparkly and pretty now and I’ve opted to sit in front of it and guard it because it’s my big chew thing and no one else is going to get anywhere near it whilst I’m on my watch. No siree.

 

A few funny looks are sent my way but for the most part I’m left alone to sit and chew a nice big bone and enjoy the soft voices as my Daddies spend time together. After a while I yawn and snuggle down in front of the large tree that I’m guarding and let my eyes close as sleep takes me.

 

There will be more adventures tomorrow that I can guarantee because living with my Daddies is possibly the best adventure in the entire world. 

 

authors additional babbling:

If anyone is interested in reading any of my other Christmas fics - which are based off a number of different things, including my original works and fanfictions - feel free to check out Christmas Challange 2015