Chapter 4 - Saving Ma Puppies

Many Paws for Thoughts!

A little while later and Cookie has finally gotten Chewchew to give up on holding Panba and is forcing him to eat with some threat that I don’t understand and I find myself on guard duty for the puppies.

Well more correctly they’ve been placed in the living room floor and I’ve plonked myself next to them in order to keep an eye on these two wayward puppies. Candy is too busy being pampered by Smoke and Rourou is trying to make friends with Monster Fish who turned up cause there was a sudden leakage in the bathroom and I am not going nowhere near that.

Rourou is very brave sometimes but also very stupid.

And before you start, no! I will not hurt my puppies! Not ever. Even when Squish crawls up to me and starts pulling my ears and face to pieces I will never hurt her.

I’ll hurt you if you try to hurt my puppies or take them away but that’s different.

Silly humans thinking that all dogs are bad boys and girls who hurt puppies. We are not. Bad dogs are bad dogs and even we dislike them but don’t brand us all in the same banner.

Besides Squish is still half covered in her breakfast so I start it off her which sends her into a giggle fest that eventually makes Panba come over to. She’s upset, poor little bald puppy, so I stop my cleaning of Squish in order to give her plenty of too and she calms down before nestling into my side.

She’ll probably got to sleep there and that’ll be fine.

Cause Hero will protect the puppy and all will be well in the world. Aww, lookit this. She is going to sleep which is a really good thing.

Rourou comes bounding in, barking and I’m quick to tell him off but he seems extra happy and I bop him on the head because he knows that Panba don’t like being woken up and he’ll wake her up if he keeps on going like that. But Rourou is clearly in a silly mood today and pounces towards my face in order to get me to play.

Involuntarily I jolt forward to tell Rourou to back off and knock Panba in the process and I fully expect a full on screaming escapade from the girl but she just giggles instead and starts batting me with her hands.

There’s an unexpected girlish squeal and I turn my head to find Baekhyun looking at us three.

In case you’re wondering, Daddy Baekhyun’s name is easy to remember cause everyone is always shouting it. Even now that we don’t live in a big house anymore it still gets shouted a lot.

“Lookit you, playing the big mean Daddy!” Baekhyun says, grabbing his phone to snap some pictures whilst I pout and flop my head onto the floor.

I am not mean, Baekhyun, don’t say that about me.

“Aww come on, just look cutely at the camera and I’ll give you some chicken,” he says, snapping some more shots on the phone.

Ohhh, you have chicken Baekhyun? You better have chicken cause I want some. So does Rourou actually.

After snapping a few more shots, Baekhyun does indeed produce some chicken and between me and my little buddy we wolf it down in five seconds before getting lots of happy pets. “Do you two want to come and help me pick the trio up later? Since it looks like we’ll be stopping tonight as well.”

Yay! More puppies to play with and Flower and Baekhyun’s ones are bigger so they’re a bit more fun. I love Squish and Panba but you have to be soooo careful with them cause they’re only little puppies and you can’t go hurting them cause that’s a bad thing to do.

He gets called away by one of the others and I return to my guarding duties which turns into a session of Squish pulling at my ears again whilst Panba keeps on crawling off on her own adventures with Rourou and I have to distract Squish with a ball so I can go to fetch them because they’re not supposed to go wandering off.

Cause if Panba does then she’ll go missing like Puff did and we don’t want that.

Nope. We don’t want to lose Panba as well. Chewchew would probably fall to pieces according to Pink and that’s not a good thing.

Nope. Not at all.

It’s as I’m coming back from the fourth time of fetching Rourou and Panba, my little furry friend saying that he was trying to stop his little puppy from wandering off but I get the impression that he was leading her away cause this is a good game that he’s got going on, that something strange happens.

There’s a smell in the air, a smell that I don’t like at all and it immediately has me to attention.

Even Rourou notices it but that could also be due to the fact that Candy comes rushing down the corridor, barking her head off and looking completely scared.

I scan the room, looking for anything out of place and realise that Squish has gone wandering off. With a swift order towards Rourou and Candy to stay in place and make sure that Panba is fine, I take off at a run, following the scent of my little Squishy puppy until I find her crawling towards some kind of light.

She’s mesmerised by it and clearly thinks it’s a good place to go but I know it’s a bad thing. It gives off a noise which is just bad and it’s not taking my Squish!

So I charge at the thing, barking and gnashing my teeth and landing just over my puppy to protect her from the thing and it crackles with lots of electric lights similar to that of Flowers but this is nasty and I won’t have it.

Squish starts to scream and added to my barking at the thing it makes a lot of noise which brings Pink and Rainbow running, the former reaching under me to grab hold of Squish whilst the latter grabs my collar and pulls me back. Flower appears beside all three of us and extends his hand as the light thing explodes but Flower makes it all go away in a simple pop.

More crying comes but this time it’s Panba and I turn, bolting out of Rainbow’s hand without a second thought and nearly knocking Bun out of the way to cause I can feel that things presence and it’s not getting anywhere near my Panba!

The living room appears to be in total chaos, Panba is screaming her head off, Rourou is growling, Candy is running around in crazy circles and there’s this great big white shimmering looking person who for a second reminds me of Puff but it’s not him because Puff doesn’t do that sort of thing. Plus, there’s a wrong pulsation to its heart and I’ll be damned if I’m letting it near my puppies or Daddy’s.

It takes all of a second for me to cross the floor and take a snap at the beast, whimpering slightly because it’s all made of that sparky stuff that is not fun to eat in the slightest but I’ll eat this monster to stop it taking Panba.

There’s a sudden yell from behind me and a metal hand slams into the face of the sparky thing – I’ve got its leg and I’m holding on – and Chewchew looks completely and totally pissed as well as screaming something in a language I don’t understand before with a crackle it all just disappears and we both flop to the floor.

A ring hovers in the air for a second before crashing down to the ground and spinning in circles before settling. It’s silver and very pretty with strange symbols on it and Chewchew snatches it up in frustration before hurling it at the other side of the room, “You are not my Zitao!” he yells at no one and that makes me worried before he reaches out to pet my head and smile, “Good job, Hero, you knew that thing was bad.”

Yes, Chewchew, I knew that and I helped to save Panba!

Chewchew blinked and then the rest of the world tunes in and he turns, hurrying up to his crying daughter to take her into his arms to start shushing her and Fluffles looks at him concerned, “Kris, was that...?”

“No,” Chewchew snaps, “No. That wasn’t him but if they’re copying his image then we are probably going to be in a lot more danger than what I originally thought.”

“Right, that settles it,” Baekhyun says matter of factly, “You’re moving in with me, Chen and the kids and Suho is going to go kick the security team butts because I’m sorry but if they got in here they’re going to attack again.”

Chen nods, handing the still screaming Squish to Cookie, “I am not leaving you here, even if I have to drag you every last step of the way.”

Rourou barks out that he wants to go with Daddy and Candy is quick to join in, so I naturally do to cause I am not leaving my puppies with anything like that lurking around.

Daddy Sehun nods, “Well I think we’re all camping out at your place then Baekhyun, I’m sure the kids won’t mind sharing too much.”

There’s a chorus of agreement but I’m not paying attention as I’m glaring at the place where that sparky thing was. It looked so much like Puff that it was scary but I know it wasn’t Puff. I wonder if he’s okay whether he disappeared to and if he is, why he isn’t coming back to his mate and puppy.

If I ever spot him for real I’m going to bite his trouser and drag him home.

You just see if I don’t.  

 

authors babbling: yeah so a plotline hit me and I don't know quite where this is going yet but I'm sure it'll work itself out. But yes, Hero did come and save the day for his puppies though I may have got one of the powers wrong. Easy enough to edit should it be needed though. Hope you enjoyed and catch you on the next update