Chapter 14 - Candy Paws For Thought

Many Paws for Thoughts!

((Chapter POV, Candy. in case it's not obvious))

 

Chapter 14

 

It’s been too long!

 

It’s too loooooong!

It’s not fair! Hero has been gone so long! He was supposed to bring Panba back straight away, he promised but it’s not happened!

So much has gone on since he left and I just want to share it with him.

I miss our games, I miss how everyone cheered up when he would turn up and I just miss him in general.

Rourou has taken it the worst but he’s a silly puppy at the best of times but I allow him to snuggle up when he needs to cause bless him. He’s such a pathetic little thing at times. Though I’ll not admit to him that I’m scared about our Daddy’s cause things just aren’t right.

Daddy Kris has woken up and been discharged from that funny smelling place but he’s not been one hundred per cent right and keeps on passing out. It’s gotten so bad that there was talk of sending him home but unfortunately he was awake at that point and kicked off big time. I didn’t understand most of what he was saying but he was definitely not a happy puppy in the slightest.

I hid under the bed when he was like that but thankfully everyone got calmed down and it all went fairly nicely after that so I couldn’t really complain.

It was still scary though and I spent the night cuddling up to Daddy Kris cause he was just so out of it that he couldn’t really focus on anything.

He even tried to brush his teeth with mouthwash which is not Daddy Kris at all.

Rourou tried to help by dragging one of Daddy Tao’s plushi’s out from where he had hidden it but it only made Daddy Kris cry like a baby. Thankfully though Suho and the others were around to comfort him and that was the best thing.

Though I was a good girl and distracted the puppies cause they’re a bit too little to be dealing with this sort of thing. They ask questions sometimes but the adults don’t really give them an answer but I think they don’t want to hurt them. That’s a good idea I think in the grand scheme of things, puppies should be playing around, not getting upset over things, cause they’ve got a lot to learn and explore so pouting over things is not good.

The Agency insisted that we all move to a place where they could keep an eye on us so everyone is in what some of my Daddy’s call the old flat and it’s different. It’s big, multi-storeyed with rooms that have all manner of things in them and I get lost quite frequently. Rourou naturally loves exploring it and just goes charging around like a crazy thing and gets himself in all sorts of trouble. Last week he went charging straight through a door looking for Jongin and went head first into a pool.

He was soaked to high heck I can tell you and then the silly little sod decided to go careering off around the house leaving wet paw prints everywhere! Honestly that puppy doesn’t know what he’s doing sometimes and I’m just sitting here on my cushion watching him and wondering if there’s a way to make him calm down.

Though my ears perk at hearing a noise that isn’t like anything else I’ve heard. It’s sort of high pitched and reminds me of a mobile phone but no one has that ring tone.

I must find this noise and see what it is, can’t have anything disturbing my Daddies.

See they all fell asleep in front of the big thing with the moving pictures that I don’t get whilst Rourou keeps trying to play with the things on it even though they’re not there. I have tried explaining to him several times over this fact but will he listen? Nope, not in the slightest.

The noise isn’t exactly easy to pinpoint as its running all over the place right now but I discount the kitchen because that would echo differently and it can’t be this room because it’s a bit too quiet. Trotting through the corridor, I’m drawn to the room where Daddy Kris is currently sleeping – he even brought Panba’s crib with him just in case they happened to get her back first though I think it’s more for the familiarity than anything else – and the noise gets louder here.

It only takes a few steps for me to realise that it’s coming from a fancy fashion bag which belongs to Daddy Tao and I carefully snuffle at it because it’s one of his favourites and its super fancy. It has a few pockets on it and golden coloured dangly bits but I think it’s a bit on the large side. The noise is coming from the back pocket which happens to have a tassel on it and even though I know I’ll get in trouble I take it between my teeth and pull it open cause I’ve watched the shows where the fake doggies do similar things so I should be able to do it.

The noise is louder now that the bag is open and I dig my nose in to find the annoying thing.

Daddy Tao’s bag hasn’t made a noise for a long time so it can only be a good thing right?

Eventually I find the source of the noise, it’s a small square plastic thing that doesn’t go squeak but it’s making the noise and vibrating like crazy. Even though it’s icky and I really don’t want to do anything more with it I pull it out of the bag and drop it onto the floor where it starts making a really aggressive noise so I bark back at it.

After all it is being rude and it should treat me like a Princess because that’s what I am.

“Candy,” Daddy Kris’s tired voice drifts into the room a few minutes later, “What the heck is the matter with you girl?”

I’m barking at this noisy thing which won’t stop Daddy Kris. Honestly, you humans are no good when you don’t have your eyes open in the slightest.

A raised eyebrow is sent my way but then the high pitched noise registers with Daddy Kris and he lets out a gasp before practically diving on the thing that’s making a noise and face planting straight onto the floor.

That gotta hurt.

However, Daddy Kris has a great big smile on his face and he yells really loud for someone but in his excitement I can’t quite understand his babble. He then picks me up, kisses me on the head and rushes out of the room, nearly tripping over his great big feet several times before he’s planting the strange thing into Jongdae’s hands who still looks half asleep.

Though suddenly he lets out his own yell of surprise and charges straight for the nearest clacking thing which he likes to work on and I’m completely confused.

Daddy Kris snuggles closer to me, “It’s Tao’s SOS bracket kicking in, Candy, we’ll be able to find where he is! Hopefully along with Sofia and Hero too.”

“Suho I need Agency Access right now!” Jongdae yells not a moment before Suho comes rushing in, scrabbling with some cables and things and speaking in tech terms which I don’t understand particularly.

I’m put back on the floor as the adults rush about like headless chickens but I’m glad to know that we’re getting Daddy Tao and everyone else back. But for now I have other matters to attend to as the puppies are getting fidgety from having been woken up and Rourou practically looks like he’s going to widdle himself in excitement.

That would not be a good thing as this is a rather nice carpet.

Rourou is directed outside to do his business via a gentle nip to his behind and then I move back to the puppies, attempting to get them all settled back down to sleep before they get too angsty and fussy and manage to contain my excitement because there is already far too much of it around.

Though I am going to do a full patrol of the house in a bit to make sure that there’s none of those strange sparkle monsters lingering around. I’m not losing anyone else to those miserable beasts and if they think they can get past me then they’ve got another thing coming.

~

The coordinates that were being thrown up on the computer screen did not make much sense at first and Jongdae thought initially that there may be some kind of glitch but after a few reconfigurations and confirmations it became clear where the planet was.

The Agency were keen to get everything on track and Jongdae volunteered to go to the planet seeing as he wasn’t fully human and could pass under the planetary radar with more ease than the others. There was a slight argument about this fact but it was eventually resolves and Jongdae set off to bring back Tao with a small team of specialist agents.

It would take around three months for them to reach the planet but he promised that the moment he got contact with Tao and had him safe, he would call so that everyone could talk to him. They all wished him luck and started praying for everyone’s safe return. 

 

Authors babbling: I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get this updated, we had a bit of a crisis with Mam after her knee operation but all is fine now and she's home and recovering so that's good. Plus I've been attempting to get story editing done for my third book as well as keep up with a load of other stuff so my time has kinda gone poof. But here's a chapter and thought it best to explain how the hell Flower (Jongdae) is there. 

So look forward to future stuff and see you all soon