Chapter 5 - Nothing gets past me! Cause I the best guard doggie ever!

Many Paws for Thoughts!

The house feels very big when there’s not many people in it.

At the moment there’s only really me, Fluffles and Daddy Sehun.

All cause everyone else grabbed stuff and moved over to Baekhyun and Flower’s place in little phases so that everyone could keep an eye out for the big weird glowing thing that tried to steal my puppy.

Chewchew, Panba, Cookie and Squish were the first to leave, being protected by Flower cause he’s got that strange sensitivity thing to the electrical things and Rainbow packed up the essentials whilst Pink kept look out and Bun did some crazy thing with the snow outside though he looked a little too scared for it.

I wasn’t really paying attention cause I’m on guard duty!

Everyone said that I would be their early warning system for any more of these strange things that are trying to steal my puppies and I will tear into one should one dare to turn up.

Whilst Fluffles and Daddy remain in the house to await confirmation that the puppies are safe via the small black boxes that bleep and make too much noise but always respond the same whilst I bark at them, I’m going from room to room looking for that thing.

It’s around here somewhere or if it’s hiding it’s doing a really good job of it but nothing to fear, Hero is here and I won’t let it go if I catch it.

Though it’s not very good at playing the game either. I mean, here I am being all big, bad and proud guard dog extraordinaire and the evil thing I’m hunting isn’t bothering to turn up at all. It should be leaping out at me from around corners, trying to take me down because I was the thing that found it first and therefore I’m the biggest threat to it.

Ohhh...squeaky toy!

This’ll help to keep the big bad monster away cause it’ll know for certain that I’m on guard duty and patrolling so it can’t spring a surprise attack on me! Just let it try and I’ll rip it to pieces.

Though I hope it doesn’t taste like the power cord that I chewed through once. That was so icky and it gave me a shock that had me crying in Daddy’s lap for the whole day. Though Fluffles was a big meanie cause he said that it would teach me a lesson about chewing the wires and laughing at me.

I got him back though, nicked all of his side of the bed and became a dead weight that he couldn’t move so he had to sleep on the couch else he would have had the floor.

I let him have it back the next night though cause he gave me dentastix and I like them. Not a much as gravy bones cause they’re my total favourite things in the entire world ever but it was a nice thing for Fluffles to do after he had been mean to me so I forgave him.

There’s still no sign of this sparky electrical thing which is making me...

Oh wait! What’s that?

In the bathroom.

There’s something shiny in there that’s not normally shiny in the slightest.

I’m going to be a big brave dog and go and eat that nasty shiny thing though if it’s bigger than me I’m going to just start barking and make sure it doesn’t get out of the bathroom so that Daddy and Fluffles can deal with it.

Though first I’ll put my squeaky toy down because I don’t want to lose that. Poor thing can’t exactly defend itself against big evil scary monsters that try to steal my puppies!

Right! I’m going to go in and really give this thing a big fright and then latch onto it and be the big hero Hero!

With a growl I charge forward, jaws snapping at the glowing shiny thing that’s in the bathroom and in fright it tumbles to the floor with a slight squeak and lays there all glowing and twinkling but not doing anything and I start barking at it cause it’s ready to be captured and that will make everything better in the grand scheme of things. Cause if it’s captured it won’t be able to come after my puppies or my Daddies and I’ll get lots of treats for being such a good brave boy.

I can hear the thundering feet of Daddy and Fluffles and I’m going to be the biggest hero of the day for this!

Though I’m still barking at the glowy thing which is still lying prone and is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.

“Hero what the?” Daddy says as he comes tumbling into the bathroom and stares around in panic

“Where is it boy?” Fluffles says far more concentrated but he used to be the commander of all my Daddies when we lived back in the big apartment all together like a big bunch of crazy people so he’s always so calm and organised in these situations which is just the best thing in the entire world.

I’m still barking at the glowy thing cause look Daddy and Fluffles, I caught it and I’m the best doggie in the whole wide world right? Right?

Suddenly Daddy bursts out into laughter and I don’t understand why he’s laughing in the slightest. Can’t he see that I’ve caught the big bad glowy thing?

“Oh Hero,” Daddy says, petting the top of my head to get me to stop barking, “I love you when you’re on Guard mode but we clearly need to update your skills a little bit more.”

Huh? What do you mean Daddy? I caught and subdued the evil nasty glowy...why are you picking it up and why is it not attacking you and...

Fluffles bursts into laughter next to me, “Oh my god, Hero you are just so awesome.”

Yay, I’m awesome.

Though why is Daddy still holding onto the evil glowy thing that’s not doing anything? Did I scare it that much that it can’t do anything now? That would make me...

Quack!

Huh?

Quack quack

Daddy...do evil glowy electric things that try to steal puppies go quack? Cause now I’m confused

Daddy just chuckles all the more at me and pets my head, holding the evil squeaky thing in front my face, “It’s [names] rubber ducky Hero. Look, it’s not threatening at all.”

Quack

What’s a rubber ducky? Is it like a real one? No, a real one would run away cause I tried to play with them one time we went to the park and they just kept on running away.

I sniff at the thing which was an evil glowing thing and... it’s plastic. It’s a quacky version of my squeaky toy! It’s not going to steal my Panba or Chewchew at all!

Can I play with it Daddy? Pwease?

Daddy pets my head whilst Fluffles disappears to answer the noise maker which has gone off but he shakes his head, “No, you can’t have her ducky or else she’ll get upset.”

Nooooo I don’t want to upset Panba! I won’t eat the ducky then.

“Let’s get one of your toys instead shall we?” Daddy says and starts to head out, “I’m sure there’s plenty around here.”

I know where there’s one, scuse me Daddy! Now where did I... ahah! Squeak squeak ball! Let’s play Daddy!

“Sehun, it’s all clear. Grab Hero and let’s go,” Fluffles calls from downstairs.

Daddy takes my ball and sends it bouncing down the stairs and tear down after it but don’t trip over it. We’re going on a walkies around to Flower’s house and everyone will be there! It’ll just be like the old days but with a few extra puppies around!

Come on, come on, let’s go! 

 

authors babbling: Hero is too freaking cute for his own good, even I'll admit that

and in case anyone is wondering what the heck he was barking at, this is Panba's rubber ducky:

hope you enjoyed