Chapter 16 - Inna metal thing in space

Many Paws for Thoughts!

This metal is so strange

It’s bigger than most metal things I’ve been in and it doesn’t need that metal thing which stops me jumping over to bark at the other metal things which are trying to come and attack us all the time in them I swear.

Daddy Sehun finds it really funny when I try to attack the metal things, Fluffles doesn’t but there again he’s the one in control of the metal thing so I think it’s distracting.

I can’t help it; I just want to protect them both!

Though this metal thing is not like the metal thing we have back home. It’s got no large rubber chew toys which I can’t have for a start and it is so big. You could probably fit about two hundred of me in here and we would still have room.

Though why you would want two hundred of me I don’t know

It would just turn into a big dog pile!

Currently I’m trying to find Puff and Panba cause I can hear one of them crying and I was playing ball with Flower in this bigger space inside the big metal thing but now I don’t want to cause I can hear crying and that’s not good. They should be happy cause we’re going home, not crying cause that’s bad.

Plus, I left Heechul with Flower so he can teach him how to play ball properly as he still doesn’t get the idea.

Padding around a corner, just how big is this big metal thing, I find Puff and Panba sitting by a table in a room that has all sorts of flashy specs of light which are totally distracting. There’s a green one and a purple one and ohhh that’s a big one, can I press it?

Actually, better not, I need to go see Puff cause he’s in a state whilst Panba is so happy.

Wot’s going on?

Puff is talking to a box stacked on a box or trying to but he’s so busy snotting everywhere that even I can’t understand him and it’s worse than when Jintao stopped talking to us and talked all gobbledegook.

Gently I nudge at his hands that hold Panba who is not paying attention to me and instead happily clapping towards the big box thing with her little laugh but there’s no shiny gold things escaping her this time. Maybe they’ll only appear when she wants them to.

Puff looks up at me and despite the tears he’s actually smiling.

Before I can ask though there’s a new voice which has me snapping my head to the side cause I know that voice.

“Hero!” Chewchew’s face fills the screen of the box on top of a box, “There’s my big brave boy!”

CHEWCHEW! I wanna and hug you!

“No...no Hero! Don’t attack the laptop!” Puff says, gently catching my collar – oh yeah I got a brand new shiny collar, forgot to say that – to pull me back.

But Puff! Chewchew is there and I want to hug and play with him...oh wait! He’s just on the other side of the table, right? I shall go there and pounce on him and hug and...

Where is he?

Laughter comes from the box again, Chewchew’s laughter and I rush around to see him, “I’m on Earth Hero. You’ll see me shortly.”

But I can see you now, but where is you?

Puff groans, “Being able to understand you Hero is really going to knock my head off its shoulders.”

Don’t go that! I can’t go losing Puff’s head after I just got all of him back. That would be a very bad thing for me.

Chewchew frowns, “What do you mean understand Hero?”

“I can’t quite explain it,” Puff replies, though he’s dabbing at his eyes with his sleeve, “But Sofia did something and now everyone here can sort of hear what Hero is thinking. A bit like the way you can but without the concentration level.”

“Oh,” Chewchew blinks - I’m still sniffing around trying to find him because I know he’s around here somewhere and I will find him – and then sighs, “Should have figured that our little Princess would have something special about her.”

“Yes,” Puff replies and hugs Panba closer, “We really should have. I just hope this is temporary cause it’s confusing. Oh, thanks.”

Jintao gave Puff a tissue so he can get rid of the snot that’s creeping down his nose and from under the table, because where else can Chewchew be hiding really, I hear this great big gasp come from Chewchew and that’s usually the one he gets when he’s shocked or surprised so I dart out to find him because he’s got to be here and there’s nothing big and scary here Chewchew. Hero will defend you.

The table gets knocked and the box on top of a box rattles but two pairs of hands grab it and Panba slips happily to the floor. She blinks a little at the change, then spots me and makes grabby hands, “Ride!”

Okay Panba! Hero, take you for a ride.

Squealing happily, Panba gets onto my back and we’re off on an adventure to find Chewchew!

“Hero! He’s on the laptop, back on Earth,” Puff calls back to me before turning back towards the screen to attempt to explain why there are two of him when there weren’t before. Chewchew can be a bit strange and silly like that at times but we’re going to find Chewchew and make him give us hugs.

And food.

Hero is hungry. Is Panba hungry?

I think so. Best try to find food. Now where is it going to be in this great big metal thing without wheels?

“Hero,” Flower calls, leading Heechul along the corridor towards us, “What are you doing, you daft puppy?”

Taking Panba on an adventure to find Chewchew and food!

Flower pauses and sighs before carefully picking Panba off my back and hugging her, “Chewchew is back on Earth Hero. He’s not on the spaceship. Come on, I’ll take you to find food and give this one back to her Daddy before she gets all angsty.”

So, I follow Flower back to the room with the strange thing that still has Chewchew talking out of it even though he’s not here which I cannot figure out for the life of me because it just makes no sense! Panba is given back to Puff who is now laughing at Chewchew which is good because he’s not crying anymore which is great.

Flower then leads me to another room, Jintao following along after us because he’s getting just a little overwhelmed with everything and oh my gosh! Foooooooooo!

“Ha-ha, Hero slow down!” Flower laughs as I charge towards a counter and oh right, metal floor.

Wheee! Bang!

Oopse, did I break me? No....good!

Is door broke? No

But door has nice smelling food on the inside. Can I have food please Flower?

“Yes just not that food,” Flower says, shaking his head and proceeding to reach up to one of the top cupboards that I couldn’t hit even if I went skidding full pelt towards the door, “That’s human food. This is your food.”

That’s my bowl! It’s green and has black paw prints on it! It’s my most favouritest bowl in the whole wide world. Granted it’s my only one but it’s still mine and it’s so pretty! Flower fills it up with dry food, adds a whole tin of my specialist not-for-people food and then adds some funny fish and a bit of gravy to it. He’s been speaking to Daddy Sehun cause this is my most favourite meal in the entire world and I’m so hungry.

Flower puts it down and I’m immediately on it because it’s oh so good and oh so yummy and I’m actually really hungry.

“Wow, have they not been feeding you son?” Flower says, as he starts cleaning up.

“I fed him what I could,” Jintao says softly, looking a bit dejected from the table.

Flower however smiles at him, “Oh that I can see. Don’t worry about it, it’s an expression because Hero will always eat as though he hasn’t been fed for a week even when he’s snaffled an entire tin of biscuits.”

That was one time and you were the one to leave them on the floor Flower so it was your own fault.

Jintao looks confused, “What’s bis...cit?”

Flower blinks and then smiles, reaching up to grab the biscuit barrel and I’ll totally whine for one of those when I’ve finished this because I’m a big boy and I need my strength back. Though I’m pretty sure this bowl is going to be empty in less than thirty seconds Flower so you may need more.

By the time I’m finished and can actually ask for a biscuit, Jintao is smiling because Flower is introducing him to all sorts of different treats to see what he likes best and I can see that he has cake.

OH, Jintao. Hero wants cake, can I have some?

“No, because then there’s no cake for me,” Puff says as he appears from behind to swipe the cake from Jintao playfully, making up instantly by passing him a nicer bit of cake and throws me an Oreo. “Which would totally not be fair,” Puff finishes off.

Flower looks at them dumbfounded for a second and shakes his head, “God. If I hadn’t already had it confirmed that you were twins I would have called it after that.”

Jintao blinks, “Why?”

“You’re both adore cake,” Flower said with a sigh, “We won’t have enough to get us home the way two of you go through it.”

Oh! When are we going home, Flower cause I want my proper bed again!

“We’re just getting out of the solar system Hero and then we’ll go into deep sleep pods and when you wake up, we’ll be home,” Flower replies before shaking his head and sighing. “Yeah, you’re right. Being able to understand him is so strange.”

I don’t know why Flower; I can understand you all perfectly well.

Now can Hero have some cake? Pwease?

 

authors babbling: Yeah so now there's some who can understand Hero so this is sure to cause some hilarious fun indeed. 

I had fun with this chapter and we're nearly there with this one now, maybe three more chapters but we shall see. Hope you enjoyed and catch you on the next update