Chapter 9 - The house that is not a room

Many Paws for Thoughts!

It’s very hot on this planet, I’m glad we’ve run into Jintao cause I’d be worried about little Panba overheating otherwise. I mean I’m boiling hot but I’ve got fur and I’m black so that accounts for me being very hot but poor little puppy Panba can barely control her body functions at the moment so how she’s going to control her body temperature I do not know.

But since we ran into Jintao I’m not having to worry too much about it cause he seems to know exactly how to take care of little puppies and that I am very thankful for.

I mean I can look after puppies cause we got instinct and all that but I don’t have any girly bits to really help with looking after puppies and I don’t think that trying to get one of the female not dogs to look after Panba would be a good idea.

They’re just too mean to do that and Panba’s mine.

Jintao comes back into the little space that we’re in, I think it’s a room cause there’s a bed and those strange things that keep clothes – though he’s got no socks, I already checked for that – but it’s also got a table and a small stone built fire pit where he’s making up tea in a small kettle and I just don’t get it.

Jintao smiles at me, “This is my whole house and home, Hero.”

It’s a room, I think casting my eyes about and then getting up to pad my way over to check on Panba once again cause even though I know she’s sleeping I just want to keep an eye on her. Especially if those evil sparkly things want to attempt to take her again, I’ll bite them and tear them to pieces if they even think about coming here and taking my precious little puppy away from me.

Lightly Jintao laughs at me, shaking his head, “The High Elders wouldn’t come looking for her here, at least not straight away. They’ll check everywhere else first.”

Wots a High Elder? My nose sniffs the air cause I can smell sausages and figure that Jintao must be cooking and I’m an awful hungry doggy.

Again he chuckles, “They are the people who run this place, the ones who have the greatest control over time manipulation but this is a dead zone where their powers are cancelled out so they don’t like coming here unless they absolutely have to.”

Ohhh, Puff can control time. Well in short sharp bursts anyway, I’ve never really seen him do it but I know he can do.

Jintao blinks at me, “Ah, he may be one of the missing.”

Lightly my head tilts towards his.

Jintao smiled, “A long while ago a ship left our world to explore the local solar system and they came back with a many great treasures and tales of everything that they had done and achieved. So the next year two more vessels went out to prove the stories and make sure that all relations were fine but as they were returning home an unrest occurred and one of the vessels ended up crashing into our ocean whilst the other disappeared from all of known space. Apparently it was swallowed by a black hole and we thought that it was lost. But then a few months ago, the High Elders received a transmission from the vessel and they sought to bring our people back home to where they belonged.”

A snort left my nose cause Puff didn’t come from an alien world, Chewchew did but not Puff. He’s human just with the ability to control time though he doesn’t like using it.

Jintao smiles and shakes his head, “You do talk in some strange ways my little friend, but I’m afraid that your Puff will probably come from this planet or may have had ancestors on it. The High Elders can only latch onto one of our own and they’re determined to bring them back.”

Why would they do that? It doesn’t seem fair in the slightest and especially after they’ve taken him why did they come for Panba. She’s not one of them, we don’t even think she’ll have any powers or anything like that.

Jintao goes quiet, just staring at the sky so instead I trot back over to Panba who has now woken up and is trying to play with her toes. She looks so cute and lightly I snuffle at her soft belly because it makes her giggle like crazy but yuck! She’s so stinky and I think she needs a change and a bath.

Though how I’m going to manage to do that I’ve no idea in the slightest cause normally my Daddies are around to sort out all of this and right now they’re not which is not helpful in the slightest. I could her clean, like with a real puppy but she’s got all those bits of material on her and I don’t think it’ll be too good. Panba starts to realise that she’s not clean and starts whimpering and there’s only one way to stop her crying when she gets like this.

Flopping down next to her, I snort some hot breath over her shoulders which gets her to look at me and then very very carefully I start to her tiny hands. I do it with great big wet slobbery and within seconds she’s got a bright smile on her face and is giggling away like there’s no tomorrow. I keep on her cause she’s still a very messy puppy and she needs a good clean but also I love the sound of her giggling away like that. It’s too cute!

Jintao comes across to investigate what I’m doing and he frowns at me, “You’re looking after her?”

Of course, gotta look after puppies but you may need to help me with the changing cause I can’t do that in the slightest.

Jintao gives me a completely blank look but before I can even begin to explain there’s another man turning up and he lets out a yell when he sees me next to the baby and he’s babbling away to Jintao way too quickly and making grabbing motions towards my puppy which is something I do not like in the slightest.

Lightly I place my paw over Panba and give a low warning growl towards this new man, telling him to back off and leave my puppy alone.

The man stops and Panba starts fussing again so I lean down to start her so that she starts laughing again. The new man is clearly stumped by this and he immediately drops his threatening aura which I’m a little grateful for but my attention is more on Panba because despite my she is still getting more stinky and uncomfortable and that will really upset her shortly.

“Hero,” Jintao says softly, reaching out to pet my head and I look up at him, “This is Heechul, he knows how to deal with children much better than me. He can make Panba less uncomfortable for you.”

I glance towards this Heechul, noting that he’s still a little on the shifty side but I suppose I did just growl at him but he shouldn’t screech like that and make a fuss. Jintao rubs my ears, “It’s going to get cold soon and he had clothes for her too and can give her a drink which should fill her too.”

For a few more moments I contemplate but then nod and stand up, allowing Jintao to pick Panba up whose looking at him with her wide eyed expression of wonder and once again I’m wondering why he looks so much like Puff when he really can’t look anything like him. However, Heechul takes Panba and I’m immediately by his side because I may want the help but if you think that I’m losing sight of my puppy you’ve got another thing coming.

Jintao chuckles, “He’s really protective of her.”

“I’ve never seen a snork be like this before,” Heechul says carefully, stepping into the cooler corridors behind the room that Jintao claims as his house.

“That’s cause he’s not a snork, he’s not even from this planet,” Jintao replies, easily able to keep up despite Heechul moving swiftly through all this winding corridors, “He comes from Earth I think.”

Heechul stops, “What?”

“That’s what he told me anyway,” Jintao says lightly, looking a bit sheepish, “Apparently the High Elders came and took someone called Puff and then they came for Panba and he followed her hear in order to protect her from them.”

For a few seconds Heechul looks astounded and then looks towards me, “You escaped from the High Elders?”

Yup and I would have bitten a few bottoms too if I hadn’t been carrying Panba to safety. I wag my tail in the hopes of being told I’m a good boy.

Heechul looks to be completely confused and then glances down at Panba and back to me, “Why did you do that?”

“Cause she’s his puppy,” Jintao replies for me with a genuine smile.

“Oh,” Heechul says, still sounding confused and then seems to get it, “Oh. Right...we best get them both down underground. If they High Elders get even a whiff of them then we’ll all be for the gallows.”

That doesn’t sound good, not at all. You best lead the way mister so that we can be in a nice safe place and then I can try to figure out why those evil sparkly things took my Panba. Plus, I need a way to get home to cause I can’t leave all my Daddies and puppies alone and I certainly can’t leave Rourou and Candy either cause they’re just silly little things.

Actually I hope that they’re okay and that I can find everything I need. Cause I don’t know if I like this place very much. 

 

authors babbling: took me forever to decide who would help but thought I'd do a little world building/start of explaination as to what's going on to. Hope it's worthwhile though my next update may be delayed as I'm going on holiday next week and then I don't quite know when I'll be back into usual writing habits as June is going to be a very busy month but I shall see you all soon