ch. 2

Why Now?

After a pleasant introduction by her lovely fiance, Minhyuk was immediately dragged away by more of his cousins, which made it seem as if his family was overflowing with children. Yongsun noticed that Moonbyul enjoyed partaking in hoggling him and acted more like one of the boys than the girls, her classy appearance shattering in the other's head while Moonbyul play fought with her relatives.

Once Minhyuk had disappeared, the two were left alone in the noisy open kitchen. They had an awkward air around them since the boy had just left them by themselves and both were a little too anxious to start a conversation with each other.

Moonbyul was the first to step up to the plate.

"So... you're the one that Minhyuk continuously talked to me about during the many Skype sleepovers that we had." She grinned while taking a sip of her wine; her comfortable stance of leaning on the counter had returned.

Yongsun was a bit taken aback by the random starter, but a wave of ease washed over her, knowing that the conversation they were about to have would be an relaxed one. "No way. You two did not have Skype sleepovers."

"Of course we did! What's wrong with that?" Moonbyul frowned slightly, offended that the other would be so rejected with the idea. "It's the 21st century, haven't you ever heard of communicating through the Internet?"

The brunette couldn't help but roll her eyes. "So going out and actually hanging out with with him was too much of a hassle?" She said with a cunning tone.

"Well... I don't think I could do that when I was a 12 hour plane ride from South Korea, now could I?" Moonbyul shot back, taking another casual sip of her wine to finish off the white.

"Oh... in that case, you could've done it when you came back!"

She had a pitiful smile on her face now as she stared at Yongsun, wondering how she still couldn't understand her situation. "My backpack and I were hopping around European cities for more than two months. I was having too much fun to come back to Korea." Moonbyul said with a chuckle as she set her empty glass down onto the counter.

Yongsun's brows raised, surprised that the girl in front of her had traveled so far. She only ever heard of people vacation to the tropical areas close to home, and the trips weren't at all as long as hers had. She was, in fact, a little envious. Yongsun had longed to travel and live a free life but she chose the common road to go straight to post-secondary education and wasn't able to get her free-time back to explore the world before her.

"Wow. I'm sorry for accusing you of being too busy for family. You clearly weren't able to get to them in that moment." Yongsun hurriedly apologized with a bow of her head and the other shook her head, bowing as well.

"It's fine! If you think about it, I was, in fact, too busy for them," The blonde nodded and settled her chin on top of her fist while looking over at the others in the room, murmuring to herself, "It's not like I wanted to be with them anyways." 

"Pardon?"

"Nothing," Moonbyul snapped back with a grin on her lips and stood up properly. "Enough about me. I've heard... loads, for the lack of a better word, from Minhyuk about you but I wanna hear it from you. What's a beautiful girl like you doing with a strange guy like my cousin?"

Yongsun flushed. She wasn't used to hearing people use a word like "beautiful" to describe her and the only time she ever really heard it was when Minhyuk was trying to get something from her. 

Moonbyul noticed as the other showed shy body language, discreetly taking her bottom lip into her top teeth as she stared at her. The words she had said before were genuine; she was only slightly disappointed that Minhyuk was the first to catch her.

"O- oh, well.. I really don't know how we ended up together-"

"YONGSUN!" 

The brunette jumped as the owner of the high-pitched voice crashed into her, eyes wide as she accidentally stumbled into Moonbyul, cheek pressing into her chest. The taller girl's arms instinctively wrapped around her to keep her from falling, a husk laugh that emitted from her vibrated against Yongsun's ear. 

She was surprised by the warmth of Moonbyul's body and the fact that she felt so sturdy despite her skinny appearance, her face unconsciously rubbing up against the other's chest since it was so comfortable.

The moment was extremely short-lived as Wheein immediately pulled Yongsun out of the other's arms, gasping and exclaiming apologies to her but the sneaky girl had her eyes on Moonbyul the whole time. 

"I'm so sorry, are you okay?!" Wheein apologized profusely, trying to get the sincerity of her guilt across. 

Yongsun shook her head with a laugh and patted down her clothes, trying to recollect herself after such a sudden event. "No- no, I'm okay..." She looked over to the side to see Wheein nudging herself into the other's shoulder as she was signalling to introduce her to the cousin. 

The older one didn't understand and so Wheein had to take charge. 

"I- I'm really sorry about that... I was just really excited to see Yongsun," She said despite the two only being away from each other for a couple of minutes. She bowed towards the much taller one and tucked pieces of hair behind her ear as she straightened her back, a small innocent smile on her lips. "The introduction is a little sudden, but I'm Wheein. You are?"

Although Moonbyul was taken aback by this unfamiliar girl's actions, the better half of her took over and softened her expression into a wide smile, bowing her head as well. "Moonbyul. "The introduction is a little sudden" is most definitely the understatement of the year."

"Oh, I'm sure there are worst things that you have heard than that..." Wheein moved closer to the counter on the opposite side of Yongsun where Moonbyul had to turn her body completely, most of her back facing the one she had just been talking to.

Yongsun stared at the two, furrowing her brows at her cousin who had taken a liking to the blonde. She was a little jealous that she had captured her attention so quickly even though she had gotten to her first and that Moonbyul didn't seem to care that she was left alone. 

Her fingers twitched as she watched them speak, Wheein playfully hitting Moonbyul on the chest and the other leaning more into the dwarf.

Yongsun was about to say something until she realized that she had no reason to be jealous; she wasn't even attracted to girls. 

She slowly backed away and went to go find Hwasa, making her way into the crowd.

 


 

moving at a slow pace for this story but i think it's a good thing; i don't want to rush it and let the fun end. so many people have subscribed and i'm so happy.

new chapter will come very soon, i'm pretty inspired. thanks everyone!