ch. 7

Why Now?

The car ride was, to say the least, entertaining for Yongsun.

It was her first time actually talking to Moonbyul without any friends, family, any soul in the world to interrupt them and they clicked very well with each other. Most of the ride was screaming the lyrics to songs from artists that they both liked, many of them being Korean girl groups, but Yongsun felt connected to the other and it was a sensation that she hadn't experienced before. 

Yes, Minhyuk, the love of her life, was a unique link as well to her, but he was conservative. There was never an outburst of energy from him in public or urges to show her off; a simple hand-holding or an arm around her waist, which was rare, was his limit. She only ever saw his wild side at home and that side, you could barely call it wild.

Moonbyul was the complete opposite of her cousin and Yongsun couldn't lie. She liked the change.

Yongsun had parted ways with the newest dance coach when they reached the reception - her new friend being taken away by a woman that looked to be around their age, and lead past a frosted glass door to a different hallway; herself going in the opposite direction by a man. 

He spoke of the rules that they had around the agency; keep it quiet, no smoking, no drinking of alcoholic substances, be safe and no relationships around the office. Apparently he hadn't even noticed the shiny ring that was placed on her finger that symbolized her acceptance into a marriage, but Yongsun didn't care enough to point it out. She was mostly distracted by her new surroundings for the new chapter of her life; working as a vocal coach at a small studio was more than enough to keep her satisfied in her line of work, but now that she had been recruited to do it for an entire agency was the cherry on top. She felt pressured and nervous to have a large number of students underneath her, unlike her usual 2-3 kids, but she felt exicted for what was to come.

"Here is... where the practices will be conducted." Her "tour guide" opened up another door with another icy effect all over the glass, revealing a fairly large room with a keyboard in the corner, music stands posted all over the room as if a group of people had just been in there. "Vocals, dance, this is where it's conducted. We encourage the trainees to practice wherever they can as long as they don't disturb anyone, therefore you can hold your lessons in here if you need the acoustics. You will be getting your own private room, though." 

Yongsun took a step forward into the empty studio; the large mirrors glued to the wall showed her her bewildered, yet thrilled expression. She couldn't believe that within only a few years of her taking up this job that she was able to climb so high and have such an amazing opportunity to teach at a much higher level than before. "This place is... really something." She said, turning around to smile brightly at her guide. He returned the smile, flashing his own pearly whites back at her.

"It's small, but it's enough. Anyways, onto your private room.." He motioned for her to come back to the door to lead her to the room of the employee that had left, only a couple doors down from the larger room. He opened the door to reveal a medium-sized, square-shaped room with little, but practical furniture. A cushioned chair with a glass desk in front sat to the right of them as soon as they stepped through the door, a keyboard, a professional microphone and a music stand stood right in front. A loveseat and a shelf stayed on the opposite side of the room, nothing too fancy but looked cozy. It was a decent room - dark walls, modern furniture - but Yongsun was going to find ways to make it her own.

"This place is amazing! I'm really going to have this space for myself?" The brunette looked towards the guide and clapped her hands together, her eyes as bright as the sun. It was as if she was given a gigantic bowl of candy, all for herself and no one else was allowed to take any. 

The guide nodded. "All is yours," He smiled once more and waited for a moment before continuing. "Anyhow, this is the end of the tour. I hope that I'll be seeing you around, and I wish you the best of luck with this new job. I know that you'll do fantastic with the trainees."

Yongun bowed nearly a thousand times before extending her hand out for a shake of the other's, voice becoming a little loud with her excitement. "Thank you! I won't let you down!" She exclaimed and let the guide's hand go. He bowed once more before leaving her alone in her own office and her hands found her hips, looking around the room with a confident smile.

"Fantastic."


"Wheenie. This place is ing amazing." 

Said Moonbyul in a hushed voice. Although there wasn't anyone else inside of the studio, she didn't want anyone hearing her curse on the first day of the job. "I have a studio to teach in, albeit not very big, but it's something! I'll sneak you in here sometime, have some fun." She listens to Wheein's response, letting out a gasp and clutches her chest at her shocking reply. "Not that kind of fun, you ert!" Moonbyul clicked her tongue and let out a light giggle. It shocked Moonbyul a little; she had never clicked with someone so well and actually thought of a life more than just hooking up and hanging out. She could see herself with Wheein for a long time if she stepped up and asked her to be hers and hers only, but the world of commitment just wasn't Moonbyul's style. She didn't feel like she belonged in the category and she wanted things to stay that way.

"But they got these huge mirrors, smooth floors... it's pretty perfect in my eyes-" Moonbyul's voice was cut off by a creak of the door and a sweet-sounding voice coming through the doorway, who was singing an unfamilar song. The blonde stopped and looked towards the door to see Yongsun standing in the door frame with her eyes wide and stance frozen. Her heart skipped again.

"...s- sorry, I thought no one was in here." Yongsun said in a flustered voice, seeing that the other was on the phone and started to back out while closing the door.

Moonbyul hung up with the thought of Wheein completely slipping her mind, and shoved the phone into her back pocket. "Nonono, it's alright! I'm just... exploring the new space." She laughed and beckoned for her to come back inside, running over to grab her wrist from the door knob and walk back to the middle of the studio, facing the mirrors. "What do you think? Pretty nice, huh?"

Yongsun was taken aback, as always, by the forwardness of Moonbyul, but it wasn't like she minded it. She stood beside the younger girl, unconsciously staring at the other's reflection, observing the differences between the two of them. Dark hair, light hair, tall, slightly taller, big eyes, sharp eyes. Before she even realized it, she was memorizing the tiny details of Moonbyul that she probably didn't even notice herself.

"Unnie?" Moonbyul called out to her, turning her head towards her since she hadn't gotten an answer.

"Huh?" The brunette snapped out of her trance, blinking several times before looking up. "Oh- yeah! The place is great." She smiles and takes a step back, turning her body to look around the room. "I actually uh... got permission to practice in here with the trainees as well."

Moonbyul raised her brows at the other, sliding her fingers into her tight pockets. "Mm? So I'll probably be walking in more on you than you on me?"

Yongsun giggled at her confusing choice of words and gave her a light nod, crossing her arms over her chest as she took a step towards the cupboards, assuming that behind them was some sort of stereo. "Maybe. I am on your turf though."

"I'll let you use it. Just don't mess up my mirrors or I'll sue ya." Moonbyul's eyes followed her elder, trying not to look down to get a peek at the other's curves for it was completely wrong of her to do so. She lifts her hand from her pocket, glancing at her watch to see that she had some time to kill before anyone would be arriving for her first practice. "Unnie."

Yongsun glanced over her shoulder, flipping her hair lightly. "Yes?"

"Wanna get some lunch?"

She tilted her head slightly, wondering if she was even that hungry. However, hat smile of Moonbyul's was too hard to say no to. 

"Sure."


WOW IT'S BEEN A MINUTE SINCE I'VE UPDATED LMAO

sorry for the long wait and a crappy ending, i just wanted to get the chapter out as soon as possible. better writing will come next chapter! 

hwasa and wheein based chapter is up next!