ch. 12

Why Now?

It always took forever for Moonbyul to locate the single key that was the one to lock her studio, but this time she was frantically looking for it. Of all days she just had to have a billion folders and bags to carry, which made it even harder for her to keep her composure. It was at this time, everyday, that Yongsun would come out of her office, which was just up the hallway, and meet up with Moonbyul so that they could walk down to the car garage together and partways. 

Moonbyul did not want to do that routine. Not today.

"Goddamnit--" Moonbyul cursed under her breath through gritted teeth, suddenly hearing someone acknowledge her as they walked by. "Ah-- goodbye! Good work, see you tomorrow!" She managed to say despite her heavy breathing. The anxiety was seeping into her as each second disappeared into thin air and the image of Yongsun turning her doorknob was happening at that very moment. 

However, the disheveled dancer managed to pick out the right key and jam it into the lock and seal the studio shut, walking away from her studio with quick feet. Just as she reached the front of the office she could hear the pleasant ring of Yongsun's voice coming down the hallway with another co-worker, which was enough to get Moonbyul to run around the oval-shaped front desk and hide in the receptionist's area before the sound of the other's voice was drowned out by the amount of space between them.

The receptionist, however, was not so approving of this plan. "U- uh... Moonbyul-ssi?" She asked quietly, staring down at the dirty blonde who was currently crouched on the floor. 

Moonbyul looked up with wide eyes and immediately jumped back up, giving the receptionist a perfect, 90° bow while saying, "Please excuse me", before making her way out from the table and the office and down to the elevator. She prayed to any god that was out there that Yongsun wasn't going to be waiting with another co-worker for the elevator. Someone out there listened to her; Yongsun was long gone. 

It wasn't that Moonbyul suddenly disliked Yongsun and felt uncomfortable around her, but she didn't want to have to deal with the awkward conversation of, "Hey. Remember when you pushed me out of the studio at lunch? Yeah. What was that about?", because Moonbyul really had no idea what it was about.

The sudden pull of attraction that she had felt between the both of them when they were touching each other scared her. Yongsun was off-limits and Moonbyul knew that; so why did she crave the touch of Yongsun now, long after the both of them had separated? 

The girl escaped inside of her car, checking her phone first before doing anything else. A text from Wheein showed brightly on her screen.

PUPPY: yah meet me at the han river

PUPPY: 7:30 ok????

Moonbyul glanced at the clock, narrowing her eyes at the screen just above the controls for her radio. 7:00. She tilted her head from side to side and rolled her shoulders back and forth, loosening her muscles from the tense escape she had just made. She gripped the wheel tight with one hand and pressed her foot down onto the clutch as she switched the gear into reverse, pulling out of her parking spot in the garage and immediately shifted to first gear, a soft sigh escaping her lips as she went on her way to the river.

•••

"The river is so pretty when the sunset is going on, huh?" 

Yongsun stared blankly at the river that flowed in front of her and her future husband, hand-in-hand as they stood close to each other's side. Not a single peep came out in reply to Minhyuk's remark.

"Honey?"

"Hm?" The brunette yelped in surprise, her head whipping to look at Minhyuk immediately. He had a nervous, yet puzzled expression on his face as he looked at her. He let out a soft laugh after seeing her face.

"You look anxious about something.. you've barely talked all night," He reached over to brush the tiny strands of hair out of her face, a soft smile on his lips. 

Yongsun saw the expression on his face, immediately looking down to her feet. "Oh... I'm sorry. I guess I haven't really felt like myself today." She said in a mumbled tone, squeezing Minhyuk's hand tighter. The only person that she had on her mind was Moonbyul. The sensation of their bodies pressed against one another and the touch of her strong, yet soft hands wrapped around hers was all she could think about. Minhyuk never danced with her like that, with a protective hold around her body like Moonbyul gave her. And after that, all the blonde did was avoid her all day. It was hard for Yongsun to not keep her in her mind, especially when she knew what was going to go down at the very location they were in.

She felt his hand slip out of hers to wrap his arm around her instead to pull her close to his side, showing affection that he rarely showed to her in public, his body heat warming Yongsun up. "I'll make you feel better, sweet pea. I'm here." As his palm rubbed against her arm, she realized how much ashamed she was to be at the river. How could she think of someone else the entire time, someone who isn't her fiancé, and think that it was okay? She knew that being here was a mistake and that going home with Minhyuk was the best thing to do. And that's what they were going to do. 

"Hon... do you wanna leave? I wanna go home and lay down with you." Yongsun said in a whisper to the other. His face lit up at the sound of relaxation with her and immediately agreed, keeping his arm around her as they turned to walk back to the parking lot. 

As they neared their destination, Yongsun noticed a familiar pair sitting down on a bench that was placed alongside the cement trail; two girls, one with bangs and dirty blonde hair and the other with jet black locks. 

Oh no.

•••

Moonbyul and Wheein walked hand-in-hand down the trail, making quiet small talk at the same time. Moonbyul felt an awkward air around them, as if she knew that something was coming as Wheein was never so quiet or squirmy when they were together. It was like the girl needed to pee or let out a fart and she was too shy and nervous to say anything. "Are you okay? You're acting a lil' weird."

Wheein bit down on her lip as she stopped the other from walking further, shaking her head lightly. "I.. I have something to ask you." She guided Moonbyul to the bench beside them and sat them both down, Wheein's knees facing towards the other after they both settled on the bench. She put their hands on top of the blonde's lap, looking up at Moonbyul innocently. 

"S- so... I've been m- meaning t-to d-" Moonbyul cut her off with a loud laugh and patted her leg lightly.

"Calm down first, then talk. You're spittin' all over me."

Wheein smiled small at her before taking in a deep breath and continuing what she wanted to say. "I've been meaning to bring this up to you for a while but... I've just been really scared. And I've never been the first one to make this move but I really, really think that you're that special..." Moonbyul stared at the girl with a soft smile on her lips, knowing where she was going with this considering her experience with many women. "I truly think that you're the one for me, Moonbyul... even with the problems that you may have with relationships. Even with those issues, you're worth it. I want you in my life; I want you to be mine. Only mine. And I can only hope that you feel the same way as I do,"

She held their hands up against her chest, looking at Moonbyul with hopeful eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Moonbyul looked down at her feet for a second, hesitating to answer.

She thought of Yongsun.

Don't think about her.

She looked up at Wheein, and nodded. "Of course I will."

 

 


LOOOOL. HI. 

NOW THE REAL DRAMA BEGINS :-)

and i hit 400+ subscribers! holy y'all are the best. please continue to comment! i love hearing your feedback!!! 

thanks for reading i'll see everyone in the next chapter!