ch. 15

Why Now?

Yongsun stared at the doors to the Rainbow World Entertainment office blankly. She already knew Moonbyul was inside. It was 8:30am. Moonbyul almost always arrived at 8am on the dot. 

Her fingers tightened around the thin strap of her leather tote, trying to hold back the gap in . She still wasn't ready to face the blonde, even if it had been half a week since the last time she had seen her. After admitting to herself how she truly felt about Moonbyul, there was no way that she'd be able to talk to the woman again like a sane person.

Her eyes rolled upwards. Why, oh WHY, does she have to work with me! She screamed in her head. Her foot stomped lightly out of habit. My life was going so well before this happenedandnowit'salledupandIhavenoideawhattodo--

Yongsun felt a pat on her back and let out a soft yelp. "Oh!" She turned around to see her nightmare.

Moonbyul.

"Long time, no see," The blonde said softly, her lips separating from each other to display a cheeky smile. Her palm was still pressed against Yongsun, carefully moving down to the middle of her back.

Yongsun nearly collasped. Why does everything about you drive me so ing crazy. 

"U- uh.... yeah! Long time, no see," Yongsun laughed nervously and tucked her bangs behind her ear. "It's, um, nice to be back though."

Moonbyul nodded in response and removed her hand, reaching out to open up the office door for Yongsun instead. "Everyone missed you. You actually lighten up the office more than you think." 

Yongsun wanted to choke the blonde then and there. Her sweet words were doing a number on her and it was as if Moonbyul knew that what she was saying had an effect, but Yongsun would die if she did know the truth. She wasn't going to let that happen though. Never.

Yongsun let out another polite laugh and stepped passed her, mumbling a "thank you" and quickly made her way to her office. 

Moonbyul walked closely behind Yongsun, her eyes darting back and forth from looking ahead to the other's back. She could feel her heart beating intesely inside of chest as all these questions were going through her mind. Why did she yell at me? Are we going to talk about it? Are we even still friends? Can this be any less awkward--

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sudden bump of Yongsun's shoulder against the front of her chest. "Oh!" Moonbyul yelped.

She looked over at Yongsun who now had wide eyes. "O- oh, I'm sorry-- I didn't mean to bump you," she laughed sofly - yet nervously - and pointed to the door on the side. "This is just my office..." She mumbled as she fiddled with the keys. "Anyways, see you at lunch!"

Moonbyul wasn't even able to get a word in and Yongsun disappeared into her cozy, little safe haven.

***

Yongsun shut herself into her office all day and only let students come inside for their vocal lessons - she wanted to avoid Moonbyul at all costs. It was 3:45pm. The day was almost over, she had one trainee left and then it was home free. Her head was in her hands as she stared down at her typed out schedule. Her mind was completely blank; she just wanted to go home.

It was only a moment later that she noticed the location for her next practice was not set in her office, but it was somewhere different. Somewhere that she definitely did not want to go to.

Moonbyul's studio. 

The heaviest of sighs escaped Yongsun. The amount of punishment that she had received all day had completely destroyed her, albeit it only being a simple greeting from the devil herself - she had managed to find an excuse out of spending lunch break with the blonde. Although there was a high chance that Moonbyul had already left the studio that she needed to be in just the thought of entering a space that she ruled made Yongsun want to end it all. She wanted to get over this girl and God clearly had no intentions of giving her the break that she wanted. 

With a zombie-like rise from her seat, Yongsun took her music sheets, writing utensils and fake, happy front to the nearby practice room where she hoped that Moonbyul was nowhere to be seen. 

***

"Seoho! Stick around, you have a private lesson with one of the coaches in five minutes." Moonbyul called out to one of the male trainees who was already goofing around with his future bandmates. He looked back at her with a grimace; the girl had ran multiple dance drills with his group of 6 boys as they were in preparation for their upcoming debut. "Don't give me that face! You need to be in tip-top shape for your debut."

The boy groaned and patted his bandmates backs as they packed their things before trudging over to where Moonbyul stood. "I know, I know, noona... I'm just feeling the pressure of it all." 

Moonbyul stared at the boy lovingly and reached up to ruffle his blonde locks as she settled her baseball cap on top of her head. "You'll be fine. You've worked hard; I believe in you." He smiled faintly back at her. It amazed Moonbyul that young kids could work so hard as trainees just to get into the entertainment industry; it made her wonder if she could ever go through the same process that she sees the trainees experience every single day.

"Go warm up though, they'll be here soon." She said in her low voice, giving him one more pat on the shoulder before adjusting her hat while looking at her reflection in the mirror. 

Just as she began to stare at herself, she noticed the entrance to the studio open while the other boys were exiting, hearing multiple "hello"s and "good work"s from the side. And then she saw her. Yongsun. 

Ever since the night Wheein had told her about the 'pregnancy scare' excuse that she was, apparently, supposed to know about had made Moonbyul think of Yongsun in a completely different light. Was Yongsun truly this kind-hearted, quirky, friendly woman that she makes herself out to be? Is she really the person that she should trust her favourite cousin to be married to for the rest of their lives? Or was it all an act and she's actually some psycho who needs serious counselling? All the beating around the bush, the excuses, and the outburst that Yongsun had against Moonbyul after the Han River encounter made these thoughts seem even more plausible. 

The girl who Moonbyul thought Yongsun was no longer existed in her mind, but that didn't mean Moonbyul was going to be disrespectful to her. She wanted to get to the bottom of this entire situation.

Yongsun bowed lightly to the young trainees as she said, "good work today, boys", and entered the studio, her eyes widening as she saw Moonbyul standing in the middle of the room. Motherer! "Oh! H- hey." She stuttered, hesitantly waving to the other.

Moonbyul looked at her with that charismatic, boyish grin. "Sorry, I feel like I've been startling you all day." She adjusted her hat one last time and picked up her duffle bag by her side, hooking the large strap over her shoulder. "I'll be out of your hair." 

The brunette nodded multiple times before moving out of the way to let Moonbyul out of the door. No contact, no problem, is what Yongsun thought to herself.

There were clear flaws to her plan - she was becoming increasingly suspicious and strange with the amount of times she was avoiding Moonbyul but this was the only way for no one to get hurt and for her to get over her irrational feelings for the other. 

As Moonbyul stepped in front of her, she turned towards the older girl, put her hands on her shoulders, looked her square in the eyes and said lowly, "After work. You and me. Bubble tea." Yongsun was taken aback by her suddenness, totally captivated by her intense gaze.

Yongsun was about to open to say one of the many excuses that she had lined up but was immediately covered by the other's slender fingers. "No buts. I'm waiting for you in the car park." And with that, Moonbyul quickly left without another word, Yongsun's mouth still hung open. 

Through all of this, Seoho had been staring at the pair in just as much confusion as Yongsun was in.

"...noona? I'm ready to start." 

 


look who's out of the dungeon 

IDK IF ANYONE EVEN READS THIS ANYMORE BUT JSDLFKJ HI I'M BACK 

MY WRITING SKILLS HAVE GOTTEN SUPER BAD SO I'M SORRY IF I'M NOT ON PAR WITH WHAT I'VE PUT OUT BEFORE BUT THANK U TO EVERYONE WHO HAS COMMENTED EVER SINCE I DIDN'T UPLOAD FOR SO LONG 

I PROMISE TO FINISH THIS FANFIC EVEN IF IT TAKES 100 YEARS KDKSD;SDKDKD

I LOVE YOU GUYS I'LL BE REPLYING TO ALL THE COMMENTS (FROM THIS POINT ON) AGAIN!