ch. 4

Why Now?

Yongsun felt a pair of lips against her own as she started to come back to consciousness, the touch almost immediately leaving her to be replaced with a gentle push to her side, a husky voice, beckoning her to open her eyes. 

"Babe... c'mon. We gave to pick Moonbyul up from the airport." Minhyuk said as he continued to try and push her over in the bed. She groaned, not wanting to be bothered with going out. 

"Go by yourself! You two can go have your own personal time together." Yongsun murmured in a raspy voice while turning over onto her stomach. The boy pulled the snug blanket, that she had wrapped herself into, off of her body and poked her legs. 

"You said you were going to join me, this isn't my fault."

Yongsun lifted her head, looking over her shoulder to look at her fiance. "..I did?"

"You did," Minhyuk clicked his tongue and reached over to flick her forehead. "I asked, "Moonbyul is coming home tomorrow and she wants me to pick her up, want to come?" And you said, "Sure."" 

The girl's mind flashed back to the night before while she was preparing dinner, so swamped in cooking all of the food at once that she was barely processing what Minhyuk had asked her. She knew she should've been listening. "And because of that, you're forced to come with me. Get up and get ready; leaving in 15!"

Yongsun groaned and stuffed her face into the pillow. I knew I should've listened.

 

••

 

The couple waited in the lobby filled with dozes of people - those who were travelling and those who were there waiting for their own loved ones. Yongsun's eyes surfed over the group of people until she noticed someone of very familiar hair and height and seemed to be wearing her shoes...

"Wheein?!" Yongsun called over and the girl just a few feet away from her immediately turned her head.

"Oh! Unnie!" Wheein called back and waved as she ran over to her, tackling her with a tight bear hug as a greeting.

"Hey!" Yongsun managed to breathe out after almost getting whiplash from the younger's passionate showing of affection. "Are you here for Moonbyul, too?"

Wheein nodded excitedly, almost bouncing in the air with joy. "Yeah! I was going to surprise her!" Yongsun's eyes faltered just slightly, feeling a little bad that they had ruined the surprise for her. Wheein noticed; the air around her began to deflate and her expression softened. "Aw.... damn. I guess you guys were supposed to pick her up instead, huh?"

The older girl patted the left side of her heart, her chest aching as she saw how innocently in love Wheein was with Moonbyul. She patted the girl's head and wrapped her arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to her body. "We were, but of course we'll let you have her!" 

It was at that moment, just as they turned around, that they were greeted with the completely foreign, yet very familiar, warm and husk voice. "Yong- oh. Wheein?!"

Yongsun stopped dead in her tracks once she saw Moonbyul standing right in front of her. Thailand had changed her; she sported a high ponytail with a plain, black baseball cap sitting on top of her head and a dazzling golden tan sprayed right over her body. Her tight, chic fashion was replaced with ripped jeans and a basic white tee, somehow continuing to show off her figure despite it being quite loose. "M- Moonbyul-"

"Moonbyul!" Wheein screeched and slipped out of Yongsun's arm, crashing into the other with a tight hug. Moonbyul's arms immediately wrapped around the other, her face nuzzling against the puppy's head. Yongsun felt a little awkward and out of place, being able to hear the couple's mumbles and giggles to each other until Minhyuk finally decided to show up and save her from the embarrassment. 

As Minhyuk's arm slipped around her waist, she felt comfort wash over her and was brought back down to Earth, realizing that quite the intimate scene was happening right in front of her eyes. She couldn't help but notice the tips of Moonbyul's fingers dipped into Wheein's backpockets and the shorter girl's palms pressed up against the other's waist as they stared right at each.

Yongsun was jealous; she wished Minhyuk was as open as these two were. He was always uptight and proper about a little pda and she was very surprised that he was holding her close to him like this in public. He never went a little more than a kiss on a cheek while they held hands.

The two girls finally let each other go when they remembered that they were in a public space and both of their cousins were standing right in front of them, watching. They laughed and intertwined their fingers together, smiling innocently at the engaged couple. "So uh... was there a plan here?" Moonbyul asked brightly.

"The plan was that we were gonna pick you up and hang out!" Minhyuk pouted, a little upset that his plans had been ruined due to the new member of their group. 

The girl shrugged, glancing at Wheein with a carefree expression. "No matter. We can still hang out, we just have Wheein to join us!" 

Although Moonbyul had said this, Wheein's mannerisms did begin to change as she thought that she was intruding on some type of private family time despite them all being very close to each other in some way or another. Yongsun noticed and she didn't want her favourite cousin to be left out. 

She tugged on Minhyuk, pouting at him. "C'mon, it's not like the restaurant won't let Wheein in. Of course they'll add one more person to the reservation."

Wheein's eyes brightened when she heard Minhyuk finally accept the idea, the four agreeing on where they were going to eat before parting ways. As they walked towards the entrance from where they had come, Yongsun was barely listening to Minhyuk's story of when he had last picked Moonbyul up from the aiport, who was a completely different colour than when she had left, but she kept stealing quick glances at the other couple they were going to eat with, who were completely wrapped up in each other's arms as they walked out to Wheein's car.

She's back.


SORRY FOR LYING FAM MY COMPUTER WENT DUMB AND I THOUGHT I BROKE IT THIS WEEKEND BUT ALL I HAD TO DO WAS RESTART IT. OOPS.

i wanted to include their double date (thank you for the suggestion, subscriber! you know who you are!) into this chapter but i knew it would take me even longer to finish the chapter and i wanted to just get something out. next chapter will be all about the two couples, so stay tuned! i'll try to keep my schedule on point, i swear.

thanks for everyone who has subscribed and upvoted, it really means a lot to me!