ch. 5

Why Now?

"So I have two plates of waffles extra whip cream, one eggs benedict and one plate of french toast?"

All four heads nodded in unison as their waitress took their menus away and let the two couples have their talking time in their little booth, Yongsun's eyes barely leaving the sight of Moonbyul and Wheein flirting right in front of her and her fiancé. The two girls sat extremely close to each other, heads almost touching but that didn't matter when their eyes were constantly glued to each other's. Minhyuk didn't seem to mind; he was busy on his phone trying to look over and reply to every single email that he had missed in the morning.

It seemed to Yongsun that she was being forced to watch the couple interact with each other when really she could just grab Minhyuk's phone and talk to him or speak up and begin a conversation but there was something inside her that was so glued to this strange torture that she continued to put herself through.

Finally, Minhyuk was done with his emails and put his phone away, moving in closer to Yongsun and finally start talking. "So, Byul. Last trip for a while; how did it go?"

The two jumped and finally looked up from each other, separating themselves. Yongsun noticing that Moonbyul's arm was overlapping Wheein's front, curious as to where the placement of her hand currently was. "Well, you already know that I had to go all out for my last trip! First class, big resort, partying every night-" Moonbyul paused, glancing over to Wheein who had a squinted expression on her face.

"Watch it, bud. Don't want to reveal anything that you don't want me to know, right?" Wheein teased, pinching the other's cheek to get a giggle out of her. 

"Stop it! I didn't do anything with anyone else, I swear," Minhyuk showed his "sure-you-didn't" look to Moonbyul, which she noticed in an instant. "Don't give me that look! And quit bullying me - I did nothing to deserve this!" She protested, pouting in the most cringe-worthy way that would make one want to bully her even more. 

Yongsun felt a little loss, being the one that wasn't the most distant from this traveller and really had no idea on how she should joke or or make sure that she felt included into the conversation. It was mostly herself that felt left out and awkward and she decided to not say anything just so she wouldn't ruin the mood. 

The quietness of the girl was noticed by Moonbyul, who felt bad that they seemed to be leaving Yongsun out of the loop. She turned her body to face the older one, a welcoming smile on her lips. "Yongsun."

She jumped at the sound of Moonbyul's voice calling out to her, a sound so foreign to her ears. "Oh, y- yeah?" She stuttered, trying to catch her tongue. She didn't know why she was so nervous every time she tried to talk to her, it was as if Moonbyul was a human hole in the sidewalk that would make the other trip over herself each time she encountered her. 

"How are you? Have things been going well?" The other asked with confidence, Yongsun being a little embarrassed by the fact that she was asking something directed only towards her when their significant others were sitting right next to them, watching. 

"Uh... fine, I guess. Work is busy but I'm pulling through." She answered sheepishly, not always the type to enjoy talking about herself even if she was with people that she was comfortable with. 

Moonbyul nodded in approval of her answer but, unlike others who would've stopped there and moved onto the next person, she carried on with the conversation. "What do you do? Minhyuk always liked to talk about you but he never really told me about the basics." She chuckled, glancing over to the boy who was blushing by himself. 

Yongsun shifted a bit in her seat, trying to get a little more comfortable as she talked about herself for longer than she would have liked. "I'm a vocal coach. I used to do it for a small studio but now I've actually been hired for a bigger company."

"Really? What's it called?"

She racked through her brain to try and remember the name of the company, the name suddenly clicking in her head. "Ah, Rainbow Bridge World! Strange name, but it's pretty cute." She noticed the look on Moonbyul's face change from relaxed to very surprised, Wheein's voice raising accidentally.

"AH! I knew that name was familiar!" Wheein called out, looking over to Moonbyul. "You two are going to work together!" 

Yongsun looked from Minhyuk to Moonbyul in complete shock, having absolutely no idea what Wheein was going off about. "Uh... w- what do you mean?" 

The tanned female let out an airy laugh, running her fingers through her hair in slight embarrassment. "I actually got offered a job at that same exact company as a dance coach. That's why I can't be running off as often anymore." 

Yongsun couldn't believe this. Out of all the companies in Korea, the one that she was going to work at was the place that the girl that she was so desperately trying to avoid, was going to be at the exact same building. She was starting to believe that fate was trying to work against her and that bad luck was trying to take over her life.

"I guess we'll be, uh... seeing a lot of each other then." Said the brunette, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear as she stared at the girl in front of her who was now staring right into her eyes. Yongsun blushed; she was never good with eye contact.

"I guess so." 


ALRIGHT I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS CHAPTER LMAO I'M SURE IT WASN'T WHAT U ALL WERE EXPECTING

but, now i have so many ideas on how to get the moonsun-train running :') 

this was a short ty filler chapter but expect more moonsun interactions in the upcoming chapters! thanks everyone for reading!