ch. 3

Why Now?

The home had been cleared and all that was left was empty food pans, wet cups sprawled around their living room and kitchen and the engaged couple that were left to clean the mess up. 

Yongsun was in the midst of trying to find the broom but her mind was cloudly with the memories of the night; hugging her relatives, seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The face of a tall, squirrel-like blonde came to her mind, who Yongsun definitely did not want to think about. Why was she continuing to pop into her head? Her impression wasn't even that grand and exciting, merely a bow and handshake and an accidental fall into her chest.

Her chest. The brunette unconsciously wrapped her arms around her body. Her arms. 

Yongsun was in a trance that she immediately caught herself in, shaking her head to snap herself out of it. The reasons that explained why she continued to think about Moonbyul was beyond her and it terrified her. She didn't dare to let the idea of her developing new feelings when she was already engaged cross her mind because once she thought that, her relationship with her beloved fiancé was destroyed.

"What's taking you so long, huh?" Asked a low voice from behind Yongsun, firm arms pulling her small frame into a hard chest and soft lips pressed against the side of her neck. 

The image of Moonbyul instantly disappeared from her mind and was replaced with Minhyuk's, leaning her head into his as she reached back with one arm to run her fingers through his thin hair. "Well, it seems as though you've hidden the broom in a spot that I can't find." She mumbled back to him while planting a kiss to the other's head.

"It is most definitely not my fault."

"It is."

"Shut up."

"No."

Yongsun giggled and playfully smacked his side, enjoying their playful banter.

Minhyuk smiled and loosened his arms from around her, turning her around so they could be face to face. "So, tonight was quite the busy one, huh? Reunited with a lot of my relatives?"

"Oh my god, I did. You have way too many family members babe, I don't know how we'll fit all of them into the hall." Yongsun narrowed her eyes at him and gave him a warm hug, sliding her fingers into the back pockets of his jean's. 

He returned the hug, arms wrapping around the tiny girl's shoulders. "We'll figure out a way," He nodded, sure that most of them would be able to fit. "So... what did you think of Moonbyul? Did you like her?"

Yongsun frowned against Minhyuk's chest since she had just been able to get her out of her mind but hid the frown with a innocent smile, looking up at him with her chin rested on him. "She was really nice. Wheein was definitely more into her than I was though."

"Goodness... that girl..." He scoffed lightly, looking around the empty room in disbelief. "She's been back two days ago and already she's talking to new people. She's too eager." 

Her mind flashed back to the fall. Now that she had an idea of how much she went around from Minhyuk's tone, she wondered if Moonbyul was thinking about it as hard as she was. She doubted it, there was no way that a girl who had experienced so much ever thought too hard about a simple on-purpose accident. She sighed softly, just enough for the other to not hear her, wondering when this topic would end. 

Luckily, Minhyuk was finished and was slowly beginning to pull away from Yongsun. "Well, I'm glad you like her," He looked back down to the shorter girl and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Let's get back to cleaning or this place is going to stink."

Moonbyul's face was so tangled up in Yongsun's mind that she needed to get her out, pulling Minhyuk eagerly back to her. "Cleaning's boring. I want to do other things.." She murmured while lifting herself up onto her toes, pressing her lips to her fiancé's and weaving her fingers into his hair. 

Needless to say, the cleaning had to wait until the day after. 

 

••

 

Weeks had passed since the engagement party and Yongsun hadn't seen neither members of her inner circle, due to her work as a vocal coach had stepped up suddenly. She was gaining more hours and more pay and she couldn't afford to lose any second of them because a wedding of her dreams would be an expensive one.

Moonbyul had suddenly disappeared to go on her last random trip to the tropics of Thailand before finally settling back in a new apartment in Korea, as Minhyuk had told Yongsun, and also informed her that Wheein and her had really seemed to be hitting it off. 

She wasn't all that surprised; their interaction at the party was very genuine and she wondered how Wheein felt with her going on one last random trip before coming back home. Yongsun told herself not to be too interested.

Wheein was the first to text the trio's group chat after a week of inactivity, planning a brunch on their off day.

WHEE: Let's go eat sushi, I'm craving it! 

HWA: we go for that everytime choose something else damnit

WHEE: Shut up! unnie what do you think

YONG: gonna have to go with the pup on this one hwasa! we'll go with your choice next time :)

HWA: you guys  

The three sat inside of a booth, waiting for their food with Wheein and Hwasa on one end and Yongsun sitting beside all of their belongings on the other. 

She took a sip of her water, leaning on the table as they listened to Hwasa's most recent one night stand story.

"He was disappointingly small for such a buff guy. I guess all those muscles were supposed to make up for it, huh." She said with a sad sigh, tapping on the top of the table. "Immediately got out of there right when I got up," Yongsun and Wheein stared at her with a look of disbelief and disappointment, wondering when she would ever find someone to make her happy. "What? I left him a post-it note!" 

The two rolled their eyes and immediately left Hwasa to herself, Wheein starting up a new topic. Yongsun saw this one coming.

"Anyways, update on Moonbyul.." She said in a sing-song voice and a little wiggle dance. "We went on our first date right before she left for Thailand."

Yongsun's brows raised, although she wasn't all that surprised that they were already going out together. Moonbyul seemed to be the charmer and those were the ones that her cutie friend always fell for. 

"Well then, spill the beans! I know you've been stalking her online ever since the party." Hwasa chimed in and turned inwards to get cozy for the story. The eldest wouldn't lie to herself, she was pretty interested as well.

"We hit it off so well that I thought we could be soulmates, honestly," Wheein said with a love-struck smile on her face. "We went out to go eat dinner, sat at the bar, had a couple of light drinks... we talked a lot about each other and what we do, the normal. But, get this. She's a dancer. And not just a dancer. A choreographer! Can you believe that? Out of everything she could've been; a teacher, a lawyer, a doctor, she was something that I'm familiar with!"

Yongsun sat back in her seat, a little taken aback by how similar the two were. Easy-going, spontaneous, and of all things, they had the same passions and careers. She found herself a bit envious once more. She wondered how Wheein was able to get someone so compatible to her in such a short time since Minhyuk and her never clicked completely, even if he was perfect to her.

"And after we talked for hours at that bar, the restaurant eventually closed and kicked us out... but then we realized that one of the studios she often taught at was near the restaurant and she even had a key. Lucky, huh?" The puppy sighed blissfully, setting her head into the palm of her hand as she continued her tale. "We went down to the basement where they had this ginormous room and she put on hooked up her phone, played some music and we danced our lil' hearts out until a soft song came on and she grabbed me," Wheein acted it out, pulling herself into her own arms. "She took me into her arms and we slow danced... which eventually led to kissing and uh... other things." 

The two listener's eyes widened, shocked at how this story was ending. 

Wheein snapped out of her dream and looked at their expressions, immediately shaking her head. "Not like that! Trust me, I was close to ripping her clothes off then and there in the middle of that studio but... someone interrupted us. Good thing they knew her or we definitely would've been kicked out." 

Hwasa let out a sigh of relief, reaching over to the girl and patted her head, leaning back as their food came to the table. "Our Wheein is growing up... I'm so proud of you. I didn't know you had it in ya to do something like that."

She looked shyly at her best friend and then to Yongsun, her pink cheeks becoming more and more prominent. "Unnie, I hope you don't think it's weird that I'm doing stuff with Minhyuk's cousin!"

"No, no. I'm happy that you've found someone that you like! Do whatever with her!" She clapped for her cousin, genuinely happy that she was having such a good time. 

But as the conversation died out and they began to eat their food, Yongsun thought back to the engagement night and the way Moonbyul spoke to her and the way her body felt against her own. 

She wondered how it would feel to be held like that for as long as she held Wheein.

 


:-))))))

i love these pairings so much, someone stop mE.

I LOVE ALL OF YOU SUBSCRIBERS AND THE FEEDBACK YOU'RE GIVING, KEEP IT UP, MY LOVELYS!!