ch. 1

Why Now?

"Happy two years, baby." 

The paper thin edges of their wine glasses clinked once they made contact, each of them pulling away slowly to bring the cold tip to their lips.

Yongsun swallowed the warm, sweet red with a look of bliss on her face and smiled at her boyfriend who sat directly in front of her. 

"I can't believe it's been this long." She mumbled, the same small smile still showing on her lips. She leaned forward, resting her arms on top of the table to get cozy. 

Minhyuk smirked, doing the same on his side. "I can't believe it either. You officially hold the record of being my longest girlfriend-relationship, whatever."

The other picked up her glass and held it in the air as if to do another toast, but only for herself. "And I pride myself in that, baby." 

The two talked about sweet nothings until a waitress came over to their table to take their empty plates, shooting a discreet look at Minhyuk, signaling him for something before opening to ask, "Is there any room for dessert, you two?"

 "No, we're-" Yongsun was about to decline as she felt like her stomach would explode if anymore food were to enter her body, but her boyfriend clearly had a different idea.

"We'll have the chocolate cake dessert that I've been eyeing on the menu since we got here, please." Minhyuk said with his ever-so charming smile.

He looked back at Yongsun, whose eyes were wide open and her jaw slightly hung. 

"Babe, I was going to say no! I'm about to blow up, seriously." She whined while putting her hands on top of her stomach.

Her opposite waved it off and took another sip of his wine waving his hand in the air. "It's our 2nd anniversary. We gotta go big!"

Replying to his words with a bit of a grumble, Yongsun was in a mood while they waited for their dessert. He always ordered dessert despite her disapproval of them and she knew that he was just going to nag her to eat the cake with him although she was bursting. 

Finally, the same waitress came back with a large plate of chocolate cake and ice cream on the side, a 2-shaped candle lit on top of it. 

Yongsun stared at the cake in surprise, looking back at Minhyuk who had a wide grin on his face. 

"You prepared that candle just for us, huh." She mumbled with a shy smile on her lips. She couldn't hide her happiness towards him even if she tried.

He nodded waited for the plate to settle in between them, the wax on the candle beginning to drip down onto the cake. 

Minhyuk slowly stood up as Yongsun was getting ready to blow out the flame, her eyes following her boyfriend as he did so. "What's wrong?"

He walked over to her side and slowly got down onto one knee in front of her and stared at her with dreamy eyes. 

"Yongsun... I know it's only been two years, but these two years have been the best I've ever had,"

Clearly, Yongsun had no idea what to do. She was feeling so many emotions all at once as she already knew what was to come for her.

Minhyuk continued, "And I don't know what I'd do without you. All I can see in my future is you and no one else," He smiled, looked over at the plate and reached up to turn the plate around to reveal a tiny navy box and a message written in chocolate syrup.

A gasp left and her hands instantly covered as tears flooded her eyes all at once. She couldn't believe what she was experiencing was real life even if someone slapped her in the face right at that moment.

Will you marry me?

Minhyuk took the box off of the plate and opened it up to reveal a shiny, bright, stainless diamond on a silver band tucked neatly in between two cushions. "And so Yongsun... will you marry me?"

Yongsun cried out in a joyful voice, pulling her man into her arms. "Yes, of course!"

 

••

 

Their home was filled to the brim with family and friends from both sides of the engaged couple, many of the adults holding alcoholic drinks while the children ran around in circles screaming.

Yongsun hung onto Minhyuk's arm as they talked to their own friends, facing different ways as they socialized.

"Good god, I can't believe you're getting married." said Wheein, Yongsun's adorable cousin.

"I always knew that you'd be the first to go." Hwasa chimed in, tilting her champagne glass towards Yongsun. 

The trio was a bit strange when one would see them together, all having such diverse appearances with Wheein's innocent and puppy-like ways, Hwasa being infamously y and provacative and Yongsun's proper, yet crazy personality.

They complimented each other fabulously however and it was clear when one would talk to them as a whole.

"Oh shut up you guys. You don't even sound remotely happy for me!" Yongsun whined, gently nudging each girl with her fist.

The other two glanced over at each other with silly grins on their lips, briefly communicating with each other telepathically. 

"Of course we're happy for you! We just didn't know it would be so soon, Ms. Kim!" Hwasa giggled while reaching over to pinch Yongsun's cheek. As usual, she was looking for ways to older friend.

Yongsun tried to smack Hwasa, play fighting to the best of her abilities with one occupied arm. "Yah!-" She growled, noticing Wheein casually staring down another human being that interested her in the ual sense.

This time, Yongsun was the one to pinch a girl. 

"Who are you staring at now, huh? Be careful with who you choose in this setting!" She warned, reminding the other of the fact that many of their relatives were in the same room even if they had no idea each other existed.

Wheein clicked her tongue and nodded her head in the direction she was staring at, Yongsun's eyes following. 

They stopped when they reached the only really attractive human in the kitchen, her idea of it being a boy ending when she finds it was, in fact, a woman. 

Sometimes she forgot that her cousin was biual. 

Wheein turned towards Yongsun and gently tugged on her arm. "Please tell me that she isn't one of ours."

Yongsun observed the girl, who was leaning against the marble counter. She had wavy, ash-blonde hair with bouncy bangs that sat just on top of her forehead to frame her face, also having a strange duo of a sharp jaw and slightly chubby cheeks. She wore all black, a tight cropped long-sleeve and leggings with heels to give her more height to her already tall stature. 

"Good choice." Hwasa said in her usual smug tone, cocking her brows at the puppy.

Her brows furrowed. There was something about her that caught her eye as she watched her speak, but Yongsun just couldn't put her finger on it. 

"I don't think she's one of ours..." She mumbled to the pleading girl beside her, barely watching as Wheein danced in the corner of her eye in glee. 

She was caught in a trance while trying to figure out what it was about this girl, but was immediately snapped out of it by Minhyuk. 

His head was moving from side to side which blocked her view of the woman in black, and it seemed that she was exactly who Minhyuk was looking for.

"Oh my god- there she is!" He exclaimed with a raised arm. He began to pull Yongsun towards the direction of the girl, looking back at her with his signature smile displayed on his face. "Babe, there's someone I want you to meet."

As they reached this unfamiliar girl, her face was finally facing Yongsun's and it clicked in her mind.

"I missed you so much!" Minhyuk cried out and gave her a tight hug, pulling away so he could introduce them.

Yongsun looked back and forth between the two, almost shocked.

They looked exactly alike.

"Moonbyul, this is Yongsun, my fiancee. Yongsun, Moonbyul," Minhyuk nodded before continuing,

"She's my cousin!"

 


a little prologue and background to set up what is to come! i'm so happy that i was able to have so many subscribers before i even started, so thank you to everyone that has already show interest! i'll try not to let you guys down. :-)

the next chapter will come soon, maybe you could give me some suggestions down below? 

thanks everyone! see you in ch. 2!