chapter 9

Goodnight Like Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol just returned from take Bomi back to her house. When going up the stairs to his room.

"She's very pretty, Chanyeol," said Chanyeol mother who coming out of the kitchen.

Chanyeol smiling. "Yes, she is very pretty , right?"

"Do you like her?"

Chanyeol coughed. "Why did you ask?"

"No, it's just you and her looks good together, frequently took her to our house, it would be nice for sure. I like her, she’s seems very smart like you said."

"Yes, I hope so mom..."

...

1 week later ...

Chanyeol and Bomi studying for the last time before facing KSAT on Monday. Chanyeol prop up his head with his hands and looked at Bomi who sat across him. He didn’t believe for one week has been spending time with Bomi and Bomi not forget him and their activity like before. He’s curious, is she getting better?

"So, are you ready for KSAT?" Bomi asked while looked up staring Chanyeol.

Chanyeol immediately woke up from his thought and coughed. "Yes, yes ... I think I'm ready, thanks to you," replied Chanyeol.

Bomi laugh. "Are you dreaming?"

Chanyeol shook his head.

Bomi cleared her books to her bag. "We'd better go home now,”said Bomi.

Chanyeol nodded.

They walked along the corridor towards the school gate to go home. Bomi suddenly stopped walking and stared Chanyeol. Chanyeol, too stopped.

"Why?" Chanyeol asked.

"I think this is the last time I spent time together with you as a tutor," said Bomi.

"Yes, I think so," replied Chanyeol.

"Are we still going to be friends after this?" asked Bomi.

Chanyeol silent, he wanted to try something other than a friend with Bomi, but Chanyeol aware that they are only just a few weeks became friends and he’s not sure too about his feeling toward her. "Yes, of course, we stay friends, what? do you want to go away after KSAT?" Chanyeol asked.

Bomi chuckled but didn’t answer Chanyeol questions.

***

Chanyeol driving with his daughter in the seat next to the him. Chanyeol daughter, Chanmi  in the middle of reading a book.

"You like to read books?" Chanyeol asked.

"Ne ~ fairy tale is very good, I want to become a  princess like in this fairy tale,dad," replied Chanmi.

Chanyeol smiling. "You don’t have to be a princess in a fairy tale, because you are my princess, Park Chanmi."

Chanmi shut her book and continue to look to Chanyeol. "Dad, where are mom? Why she never came home?" Chanmi asked.

Hearing that Chanyeol feel claustrophobic, his daughter who is now 6 years old and had never even seen the figure of her mother. Chanyeol stop in front of the school Chanmi. Chanyeol turned toward Chanmi and smiling.

"We're arrived princess..." said Chanyeol which change the subject.

Chanmi not a spoiled child, at the age of 6 year old, Chanmi have very mature behavior, eventhough she always asking about her mother but even Chanyeol not answer her, she never angry or upset, she keep try to smile and act normal, she smiled at Chanyeol and kissed on his cheek.

"See you later dad!" said Chanmi who that doesn’t bring up questions about her mother again.

After Chanmi out of the car and ran into the school, Chanyeol eyes glazed, he couldn’t bear to see his daughter who is growing but never saw her mother.

***

KSAT exams arrived, the atmosphere of the school so quiet, Chanyeol sitting not far from Bomi. Bomi turned toward Chanyeol and smiling. Chanyeol using sign language 'fighting' to Bomi.

Upon completion of the test KSAT ...

"Bomi!" Chanyeol call.

"Ne? How the exams?" asked Bomi.

"I do it smoothly thanks to you," replied Chanyeol.

Bomi chuckled.

"Bomi, can you accompany me to a place?" Chanyeol asked.

Bomi looks confused. "Where?"

"Come and you will know."

Chanyeol and Bomi took a bus and stop at a station little far from Seoul, they then walk to a street edges is a cliff and sea. Bomi see it and like remembering something.

"Chanyeol... why we here?"

"Here is my sister, Chorong died, she hadn’t had time to complete the KSAT exams like us," said Chanyeol.

Bomi swallowed. "Your sister? She died here?"

Chanyeol turned toward Bomi and nodded. "That night Chorong noona brought my dad's car for piano lessons, I call her while I was drunk that and asked her to come back to pick me up that day when heavy rain, I ... I made her die, she is too worried about me and not focus on the road and ..."

Bomi stepped back, she crouched down and held her head. Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter