chapter 11

Goodnight Like Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gayoung pick Chanmi that afternoon. She waited in front of the school gate. Some students running out from school building.

"Aunt Gayoung?" Chanmi approached Gayoung.

Gayoung turned. "Oh, Chanmi ... Hi ..."

"Where is my dad?" Chanmi asked who turned to the right and left.

"Dad was at work, today aunt who picked Chanmi."

Chanmi looks sad. "Dad was always busy."

"Your father work hard for Chanmi, let's go home ..." said Gayoung were holding hands with Chanmi.

When in the car. "Auntie, I'm hungry, can we eat chicken?" Chanmi asked.

Gayoung smiling. "You want to eat chicken? Hmm ... okay, aunt knew where is tasty chicken restaurant," said Gayoung.

They stopped in front of the fast-food chicken restaurant. Chanmi out of the car, so did Gayoung. Chanmi stopped when she saw a child playing with his mother in front of the restaurant. Chanmi looks sad. Gayoung see it.

"Chanmi, come on ... aunt so hungry," said Gayoung try to smile at her.

Chanmi shook her head and walked toward back to car. Gayoung follow Chanmi.

"Chanmi, why get into the car again?" Gayoung asked.

"I'm not hungry, I want to go home," said Chanmi.

"Chanmi ..."

"I said I wanted to go home, aunt!" Chanmi said.

Gayoung sighed and obey Chanmi’s word. She know that Chanmi must be sad because she doesn’t have mother like other child, she feel pity with Chanmi, still a kid but never see her mother though she knew what is her mother face like. Chanyeol put his wife and Chanmi’s mom picture on the wall. Gayoung said, she’s very pretty and have a pure face look, but she can’t believe that Chanyeol wife can left Chanyeol and her daughter just like that. Nobody knows her reason. Sometimes, Gayoung want to asked Chanyeol, because until now, he keep looking for her, but he never answer Gayoung’s question.

...

A man sitting across Chanyeol.

"You found her?" Chanyeol asked.

"One of the residents in there see her in a small house in Jeju, but when I come and make sure it was only their names are the same."

Chanyeol looks frustrated.

"Sir, should we just stop this search? Its already 6 years and there was no sign of Miss Yoon, especially with Ms.Yoon conditions … I'm not sure if she still..."

Chanyeol shook his head. "You say that she is dead? My wife is dead?" Chanyeol asked. "No, she may not be dead, I'm sure she's there somewhere, her illness can’t kill her, I know that. Hmm…  and you found Yoo Inha?"

"Lastly, my employee said Yoo Inha was still in America."

"I have to go to America ... maybe she’s the one who took her away from me," said Chanyeol.

Even Chanyeol remember Bomi and his mother words in the past, ‘sometimes we have to be willing to let go of what we love’. But he never want to let her go like that, he loves her so much, and he know she loves him too, even she left him and her daughter like that.

***

To: Yoon Bomi

I miss you

From: Yoon Bomi

I know

To: Yoon Bomi

You should have said you also miss me

From: Yoon Bomi

I miss Gwiyeol

To: Yoon Bomi

I love you

There was no reply ...

Chanyeol sighed and smiled at the ceiling, it  has been several mont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter