chapter 4

Goodnight Like Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol walk towards the roof of the school building, he saw the rooftop wall paint color is still the same like was, Chanyeol was looking at a view of Seoul from the rooftop of the building. He felt a fairly strong wind gusts, wind autumn.

"Chanyeol..."

Chanyeol heard a whispers once again, Chanyeol smiled.

***

"Okay kids ... put out the book your duty, I would go around and check it out, if there are students that not carrying or not working on it please stand outside the classroom until the class ends."

Chanyeol looking towards to Bomi chair, Bomi looked nervous and kept looking for something in her bag.

"Yoon Bomi,  you don’t bring your book?"

Bomi looked at the teacher. "Ne ~ seonsaengnim, I don’t bring it," said Bomi directly look down.

All the students were surprised and laughing at  Bomi. Teacher Shin shook his head and immediately called Bomi out of the classroom. Bomi stepped out of the classroom and stood there. Chanyeol looked Bomi then looked teacher Shin, Chanyeol raised his hand.

"Seonsaengnim, I also did not bring a book," said Chanyeol.

Teacher Shin immediately sent Chanyeol out of the classroom. Chanyeol with a smile stepped out of the classroom and stood next to Bomi. Bomi turned toward Chanyeol, Chanyeol smiling at her.

"Why 'zombook' forgot to take his book? I thought she will bring book everywhere," Chanyeol teased Bomi, this is first he call her ‘zombook’ in front of her, he hope that she not take it seriously. He just want to talk with this girl.

"Because 'zombook' very focused on the other book she was reading ..." said Bomi.

They looked at each other and laughing with lower voice.

"I don’t know if you can tak a joke with yourself nickname," said Chanyeol.

"I don’t know if you were also called me 'zombook' like the other student," said Bomi.

This is the first time Chanyeol see Bomi with cheerful bright face.

"Actually, I brought the book," Chanyeol whispered to Bomi.

"Hmm? Then why are you ..."

"I am a troublemaker, you know? If miss 'zombook' doesn’t carry the task book, and whether the troublemaker will replace miss 'zombook' as someone who diligently bring the task book?"

Bomi shook her head. "Stop calling me 'zombook', I have a name you know," said Bomi.

"I know ... Yoon Bomi," said Chanyeol.

"Yes, my name is Yoon Bomi," said Bomi who looked straight into the classroom. “I know every people called me ‘zombook’ and I don’t mind, but sometimes…” suddenly Bomi stop talking.

“Sometimes?” Chanyeol asked her.

“Nothing, we shouldn’t talk right now, teacher Shin is watching us,” said Bomi.

...

The next lesson is a P.E class. The boys play basketball, while the girls sat in the audience and cheer them. Bomi just reading a book alone, Chanyeol were playing basketball, suddenly one student throws the ball toward the outside of the field, directly to Bomi seat place, Bomi get hit the ball on her head, all students laughed at her, Bomi looks dizzy, Chanyeol panicked and approached Bomi.

"Chan! Why are you worried about?" asked one of the girls.

Chanyeol ignored her, he doesn’t see P.E teacher around, Chanyeol holding Bomi, carried her and took her to the infirmary.

"are you okay?" Chanyeol asked when Bomi opened her eyes.

Bomi lying nod. "What happened?"

"you get hit by ball ..."

"Hmm ..." Bomi  get up, sit, and holding her head. "Could you get me some water?"  Bomi asked.

Chanyeol nodded and immediately took a glass of water. "This..." he give it to her.

Bomi looked at Chanyeol. "Can you not see me while I drink this?" Bomi asked.

Chanyeol confused but immediately turned around. He heard Bomi who drank a glass of water. “Why she doesn’t want me to see her drink?” he thought.

"Yoon Bomi, do you like Jane Austen novel?" Chanyeol asked who turned around and facing Bomi again.

Bomi stared Chanyeol with wonder. She remembered that him give her Jane Austen novel back yesterday. "Yes ... I like Jane Austen novel, Pride and Prejudice."

"I think you're just reading a learning school book," said Chanyeol.

Bomi shook her head. "I like the literary book too such as novels and poetry," said Bomi.

"Speaking of poetry ... I love yours poetry in Korean language lessons at the time," said Chanyeol. "It was very touching ..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter