Second

Nevermind

Your POV

"Dress nice" was what Mari said so here i stood outside waithing for her while freezing to death. I pulled down my skirt hoping it would at least help cover my legs from the cold a little. My hair was hanging lose over my shoulders and i had even put on a little make up. I hope i didn't overdo it.... A black expencive car came to a stop and i could see Mari from the window. She waved at me to get inside. "Wah! you're really coming! i'm so happy!" she squealed as i sat on the back seat and closed the door. Daeho the guy asking me to come was driving. He looked trough the little mirror to see me and smiled "Hyerin you should dress like this more often! Your looking totally different than how you look at school" he said but got slapped my Mari. "You don't have to be jealous" he said to Mari and chuckled as she pouted. "I'm not jealous" 

I just quietly sat in the back of the car smiling at their little quarrel. "So uhm... where are we actually going?" i asked. "You'll see" Daeho said watching the road as he drove. It didn't take long until we arrived into a slom looking backstreet of Daegu. What were they planning? I felt becoming more uncomfortable by the minute. We all got out and walked a bit until we got to what seemed a little night club. Some people outside were smoking, drinking or just having a talk. I gave Mari a look but she just smiled back knowing my eaxact thoughts right now. Daeho lead us inside the club which seemed very lively. Music was played and people seemed to dance while The little stage was owned by some rapper. This was a total different world from what i was used to and i would have never guessed they would bring me here. I was feeling a little out of place but the atmosphere seemed nice. Daeho whispered something to Mari who nodded and waved as he walked away. 

"Where is he going?" i yelled hoping Mari would hear me above the loud music. She smiled and pointed to the stage then took my arm and pulled me trough the sea of people making our way close to the podium. Everyone around me seemed to go crazy, even Mari was jumping like a fangirl but then i got why. Daeho was on the stage and started to rap. I quietly watched wondering why i was even here. It was not that didn't like it but i just felt really out of place and had no idea what to do. I didn't ever go to things like this, never went to party's and the most exciting thing i probably did normaly was going to my friends house to hang out, paint each others nails and talk about boys. This was all very new for me and i still had to get used to it.

I had to admit Daeho was a pretty good rapper. Someone seemed to join him who's voice made me shiver. He had a slight lisp but his deep raspy voice was kind of attractive. Looking up i tried to catch the face of the black haired boy but was shocked as i saw my classmate standing there. I knew Daeho and him were friends but i didn't know Yoongi was into rapping. It was weird to see him like this. At school he was always lazy and never seemed to be interested in anything but here he seemed alive. His eyes watched the crowd but stopped at me for a moment. I was so facinated by his voice and seeing him like this i blankly stared back. I could hear him stumble over his words for a moment but he quickly looked away pretending like he hadn't seen me. 

When Daeho and Yoongi got off the stage another person replaced them which made my interest drop down. I looked at my side but Mari was gone. "Seriously???" i said looking around hoping i could find her. Did she really just leave me alone here.... I pushed myself trough all the people to find some space still looking around. "ARGGG!!!" i yelled and grabbed my phone trying in her number and called but of course she didn't pick up. 

"Hey there, you look a little lost" a guy suddenly said placing an arm around my shoulder. My expression turned into a disquist one and i tried to get out of his hold but he only pulled me closer. The smell of alcohol was all over him. Eww save me!! i yelled in my head pushing him more. "Baby girl don't be like this. Let's have some fun" he chuckled and i started to panic. He did not just say that. His arm slipped from my shoulder and i suddenly felt him my . As i was about to scream and slap him someone else already pushed him off of me. "Can't you see she doesn't like it. Get lost" i heard the familiair voice of Yoongi who was standing before me holding the guy by his shirt. The drunk guy was holding his hands up in defence but Yoongi still threw him onto the floor and turned to me grabbing me by my arm pulling me away. I could see the angry expression on his face and felt scared that if i would speak he would explode with anger. Id did feel thankful to Yoongi but wondered why he did this since he never really seemed to care about anyone when he'd in school. Maybe he did hane a heart after all.

Yoongi took me to what looked like a backstage area and turned me towards him letting me go. "What are you doing here?" he said still hearing the slight anger in his voice. His eyes went from my bare legs traveling back to my eyes "And what the are you wearing?" I really wanted to answer him but he kept going on and i honestly felt kind of scared. "Did you even think about what kind of people you attracht in here with clothes like that?" he said and let out a frustrated growl. "Why are you getting mad... What does it matter.." i softly said not getting why he was getting so worked up about it. "Because if i didn't come looking for you that guy would be still over you" Yoongi was calmer now. I knew he right but what was i supposed to do? Mari told me to wear something nice. She never said we would go to some place like this. "Or did you enjoy it? should i bring you back to him?" Yoongi frowned. Why was he being mean. "No! I'm sorry okay... Thank you" i said in a loud voice but almost whispered the thank you. He let out a sigh and pulled his hand trough his hair. 

"Why are you here anyway? I didn't see you as the type to go to this kind of places" He asked now back to the normal calm and blank expressioned Yoongi i knew from school. "My friend took me here..." i softly answered but Yoongi smiled a little and pat me on the head. "I see... Mari and Daeho took you here." he said and i nodded. "Do you know where they are? i was with Mari but i lost her" 

"I don't think you would want to know..." Yoongi answered giving me this serious look. I got what he meant and thought about how to get Mari back for first taking me here and then leaving me all alone so she could have some fun time with her not really dating partner. "You better just go home without them." he said looking at me as if i had to get out of his sight at this very moment. "Oh...Okay...uhm bye then..." i softly said looking at the ground and turn around walking to where i came from. I stood still at the exit of the backstage not feeling that good of going back here again all by myself but just as i wanted to go alone i felt a hand being placed on my hip and noticed Yoongi was at my side again. His hand stayed on my hip as we walked towards the exit of the club but i could feel how his fingers left the fabric of my chlotes everytime the tough was too real. Was he shy? i wondered but what i did know was that he didn't want some strange guy to come up at me again. The music got softer as we went outside and he quickly let go of me. "I will walk you home" he softly said leading as we walked. Did he even know where to go?

We both walked in silence and i tried to think of something to talk about thinking back about his performance. "You are a very good rapper" i softly said seeing how he smiled at my words. "I didn't know you rap..." i finished hearing him clear his throat. "There's so much more you don't know about me." he said. It was true. I didn't know anything about him. This made it clear for me that he was actually a pretty closed up person. The only people knowing the real him were his friends which weren't even too many. Yes he was populair but he actually pushed everyone away. 

I stared at the ground feeling myself smile as i thought about Yoongi's little performance. "Your voice is really nice" i said out loud but heard him chuckle and felt myself blush. "Are you trying to flirt with me?" he bluntly said but i just scofted turning my head away from him which only made him chuckle more. "Thank you... I don't think a person like you ever told me something positive about this" he said smiling his gummy smile at me. I blinked wondering what he meant by that. What was a person like me?

"This is where you live right?" Yoongi said as we walked in front of my house. I gave him a supprised look and as if he could read my mind "You're probably wondering how i know. I live on the other end of the street" he said. How could i have never known this. I've been going to the same school as him for longer than 3 years and yet i had never seen him. Was i blind? "Well... goodnight" he said waving his and turned to walk away. For a momend i just watched him leave but then remember i hadn't even said goodbye. "Bye Yoongi! Thank you for walking me!" i yelled but he just held up a hand without turning back "See ya" he yelled back.

This evening i felt like i got to understand Yoongi a little more or at least became something more than just that girl from school. Even though the time with him was very short.


The next day i was sitting at the same table looking at the empty seat next to me. Was he going to be late again? I guess not because he just stepped into the class with the teacher following him to start the lessons. It didn't happen often Yoongi was on time and other students had noticed it too and began to whisper. Maybe it was because Yoongi had gotten home early yesterday because he brought me home in stead of doing what he always did. He plopped down next to me not even glanging at me and before the techer had even started he was already sleeping on the desk again. Seriously, what was wrong with this guy. Didn't he get any sleep at night or something. 

"...For the project you will be teamed up with the person sitting next to you. Good luck everyone" the teacher said bringing me back out of my daydream. "Huh what..?" i softly mumbled but heard a deep sleepy voice next to me "Lets meet after school" Yoongi said blankly looking at me. "Meet..?" i asked still not getting what this was about but started to blush thinking the wrong thing. "For the project....pabo" he said getting up from his chair with his stuff already packed. "Uh oh the project, yeah sure" i answered seeing him smile at me and walk away. 

I suddenly began to realise i had to do the project that was going to cost more than half of my points on school together with Yoongi. The guy who didn't care about school. NOOOOO! He was probably going to leave me do all the work. I mentaly cursed myself and got out of the classroom walking to my next class. 

At the end of the schoolday i still hadn't heard anything from Yoongi. I didn't have his number and had no idea if he was even still in school. As i was about to give up hope and walk home i suddenly felt a hand on my schoulder stopping me. "Yoongi!" i loudly said with an annoyed voice turning around but found Mari staring at me. She arched her eyebrow and started to laugh. "Yah! stop laughing!" i yelled feeling stupid for thinking it was this guy. "Why did you think i was Yoongi? Did you finally fall for him like the rest of the school??" she laughed. I've never mentioned him to her before so it was indeed a little strange. "I would never fall for him! He's not my type" i yelled mad at myself and Mari for laughing at my mistake. I suddenly noticed someone's eyes on me and turned to see Yoongi staring at me. As i looked at him he coughed a little and turned away. "Okay, at least we think the same thing then" he softly said with this voice like he didn't care. I didn't know why but his words kind of hurt. "We can work on the project tomorrow" he simply said and walked away. Mari was shooting me a confused look and i just glared back at her. "Wait! Weren't we going to work on it today!" i yelled saying my friend a quick goodbye and followed the boy.

"Sure... if you want to" he said again sounding like he didn't care. I knew he was supposed to be like this all the time but the little moments i've seen him smile and care was something i longed for to see again.

We were close to our houses and i glanged over at him "Uhm should we work on this project at your house?" i asked knowing my mom was home and would start asking weird questions if i was going to take a guy home with me. It seemed as if he was a little startled by my question but lead me to his house without an answer. He opened his door and let me in first closing the door behind him. The house seemed empty. His parents were probably at work or something. "Are you hungry?" he asked going to his kitchen. I shook my head but was offered a glass of water instead. "Let's go upstairs" Yoongi said and i followed him. I could feel the awkwardness between us. He was probably not used on taking people from his school home. We got to his room and he sat down at his desk looking at me as if he was waithing to start on the project. His room was a little messy but what not with clothes or junk but papers crumbled on the floor and his desk full of papers with writings on it. I looked aroud for a seat and noticed the only chair in the room was the one he was sitting on so i sat on the bed. "Lets pick a subject first" i said and we began working on the project.

To my supprise he was actually working pretty hard, not like how i always saw him on school. "Let's take a break" he suddenly said and i looked at the time seeing it was already past dinner time. "I'm going to throw a pizza in the oven, you want some too?" he asked standing up looking down at me. I nodded smiling shyly and layed down the notebook i was holding. I could hear the sounds downstairs Yoongi was making. Now he was gone i could finally see what all those writings on his desk were. I know it isn't very proper to look over someone's stuff but it got me really curious and i just coudn't help myself.

The papers were full of emotional texts about life and even love. I assumed this were lyrics for his rapping because i coudn't think of what else it could be. They had so much feel in them. It was almost as if i was reading something someone else had written since i've never seen Yoongi like someone who could be so deep. I kept reading but suddenly heard a cough and quickly shot up laying the papers back from where i got them. "You shoudn't look trough others their stuff you know" Yoongi said walking to the desk taking all the papers and put them somewhere i could not see them. I didn't say anything feeling embarrassed he had caught me. I suddenly remembered i should probably let my mom know i was gone doing school work at someone's home so i send her a text.

Yoongi dissapeared again probably to see if the pizza was done. I suddenly heard some other voice. His parents had come home? The boy came back upstairs again this time with pizza and closed the door of his room behind him sitting down on the ground before me with the plate of pizza next to him on the ground. He handed me a slice of pizza and we quietly ate but he Yoongi lazily leaned with his back against my legs. As the pizza was almost gone he again handed me a piece but this time layed the back of head on my knees watching me. I blushed at his sudden skinship but tried to act as if nothing was happening. I tried to eat but with Yoongi staring at me i found it really hard. "What?" i asked staring back but he just chuckled.

Suddenly the door of his room slammed open rougly and a woman stormed in yelling "How many times do i have to tell you, you cant live off music. Start doing school work...." the woman suddenly fell silent as she saw me. Yoongi hadn't moved a bit but was in stead still staring at me. His expresion had gone to the emotionless one i knew so good. "Can you not...." he asked and the woman who was probably his mom left the room closing the door again. She seemed shocked at Yoongi having a guest. I suddenly felt bad but didn't know why because i hadn't even done anything. "I think i should leave..." i softly said and pushed Yoongi off as i stood up but he reached for my hand pulling me halfway down to him. "Stay a little longer please" his words almost sounded like a cry for help. I signed and sat down next to him on the ground. He smiled still looking at me. "Like i said most people are usually not really positive about what i do.... but i don't care. It's my life anyway.. not theirs." he said and i felt like he was sharing something very personal with me. 

Now i knew what he meant with people like me. He meant normal people who didn't see music in the same way he saw it. I guess his mom didn't like her son to be some underground rapper and not focus on school. I could understand how she must feel but i could also understand Yoongi. He just wanted to live what he dreamt of wich was being a rapper or something which involved music. I got it now. He wasn't lazy. He was sleepy because he took all his sleeping time on writing lyrics and he didn't care about school because it have the thing he was working to. He pushed everyone else but his friends away because he knew they woudn't like what he did. He only had eyes for his dreams and nothing else was going to destroy this dream. "I'm sorry..." i softly said but Yoongi just gave me a confused look. "Sorry for what?" he asked. "I totally misunderstood you all these years. I thought you were a bad person." i spoke out my mind but he just chuckled.

"You are so weird" he said with this big gummy smile. How could someone have such a pretty smile. I blushed at his face and looked away but he just ruffled my hair. "Lets get some more done on this project." i nodded at his words and we worked on it for another hour until i left his house. Even his mom had smiled at me and said a goodbye. She had given Yoongi a weird look and i guess she was thinking i was his girlfriend or something because her eyes told it all.