Twelve

Nevermind

Your POV

"You seem much brighter today, did something good happen?" My co-worker asked watching me smile like a fool. "Huh... uhh, it's nothing" i said with the corners of my mouth dropping. "Hmmm, i don't believe that! Are you maybe in love?" he sang giving me a teasing grin. Dammit why did he always know my secrets. Was i really that easy to read. I let out a sigh "You got me. I'm going on a date after work." i said turning my attention back to cleaning some plates. "Oh maybe with that suga guy?" there he got me again. I blushed nodding slowly. "Aww how cute. If he ever doesn't treat you right just tell me and i will take care of it" he said making me laugh. "And what are you gonna do? Throw coffee beans at his head?" I laughed giving him a weird look. "That doesn't matter right now. I was just saying you should tell me." he shrugged and grabbed the clean plates putting them in the cabbins. 

Even though this guy was only just someone i saw at work i guess i could call him a very close friend. He knew a lot of my secrets and would always be there if i needed something even if i would never think of him first in bad situations, he would still be there.

After an hour or so i was finally done with work. "You can go now" my co-worker told me so i got my stuff said a goodbye and left the shop. As i was quickly walking away from the shop so i would have a little bit more time to change my clothes for the little date i suddenly hear someone call my name.

"Hyerin!!"

I stopped. This voice sounds so familiair. Turning around i was shocked seeing Deaho standing before me. He was smiling  in a way i hadn't see for a very long time, and by this i mean very very long. I still remember it like yesterday.

~Flashback~
"Hyerin, hey, are you even listening to me?" a male voice said as a hand waved in front of my eyes. "Huh oh sorry" i said turning my attention back to Deaho. "What were you thinking about?" he said as he smiled his overly excited smile at me. "Hm? nothing important..." i mumbled but saw his smile drop and turn into a frown. "Are you thinking about him again?" he asked and i could feel my heart drop. I knew how much he hated him, how much he hated that my thoughts were still not moving on.

"I told you before he's not going to come back so stop dreaming!" he almost yelled standing up from his chair. I've never seen him act this angry about it. Sure he would always seem a little annoyed or dissapointed but nog like this. "Forget about him. He didn't even tell you anything. How can you not be mad? He's a jerk Hyerin. He doesn't care about your feelings thats why he never said anything. Thats why he's gone. He only cares about himself." Deaho yelled and stormed off. I was shocked. "Daeho wait, what does it even matter" i yelled as i ran after him grabbing his arm and tryed to stop him but he didn't care and just kept on walking. "Come on don't be like this. Why do you get so mad about it?" i again tried to stop him which seemed to work becuase he stopped walking and turned around. 

"Because it's stupid. Your little crush on him is stupid. I just don't understand how you still keep on hoping" he yelled and took a deep breath. Maybe he was right. Maybe it was stupid of me to keep hoping he would come back or leave me some kind of message or a sign of being alive. "I don't understand... You tell me things like it's so obvious he doesn't care and what not and yet you tell me nothing. Where did he even go in the first place?" i asked but all Daeho did was glare back at me. I wasn't sure what was holding him back from saying anything but it was starting to get on my nerves. 

After this fight i've never seen him smile this brightly at me again. It always seemed like he was holding some kind of grudge. 
~End of flashback~

"Why... why are you here?" i asked feeling my body frozen on place. My face was full of shock and i started to feel scared. Yes i was scared of him. All this time i knew him he slowly changed into someone i didn't know. "I came to visit you, aren't you happy?" he asked eyes boring into mine. I wanted to run away but my feet woudn't move. He frowned as he noticed i was not going to answer. "Don't be rude and greet me, stupid" he said walking closer to me and pulled me into a hug. I didn't move and felt myself panic but tried to stay calm. How could he act like all of that never happened? Did he have a split personality or something?

~Flashback~
It was a few month's before i was actually going to move. He had broken up with Mari who thought he was cheating on her... with me. I honestly don't know where she got that idea from since he was really nothing more but a friend to me. Daeho was heartbroken and came to me for a shoulder to cry on. Since we both lost something dear to us we got closer friends.

"Daeho..." i softly said wanting him to tell the great news. "What?" he said looking up at me as he turned down the volume of the show he was watching. "I'm going to move out" i said with a small smile knowing he would probably worry about it since he always thought i was still a child. "That's great" he answered sounding happy for me. "You're getting your own appartment or what?" he asked turning to look at me with a small smile. "yes i am but.. i'm moving to Seoul" i said but saw his smile suddenly drop. He was silent for a moment but soon stood up. "What!? You can't be serious???" he started to yell. I gulped wondering why he was making such a big deal about it. Did he really not want you to live that far away from him. "Thats it!! I'm done. You seriously only think about that guy do you!" he yelled. What is he even talking about? "Even going to seoul... tssk" he mumbled and took a pillow from the couch and threw it at me. "What the hell" i yelled as it hit me right in the face. I'm glad it was only a pillow but it was still pretty hard and painful. At this moment i knew he was holding back but could actually harm me if he let it go.

"F*** You! Get lost! I hope he will tell you how stupid you are for keeping hope" He yelled more. I backed away wondering why he was yelling about Yoongi again. What did that even have to do with this. There was so much i wanted to say to Daeho but because he was raging like this and was surely not going to listen i just got up and left the house never talking to him again. Can't he just be happy that i'm going to get my own place? Yes maybe it's far but what does it matter, he could still visit me. I always dreamt of going to Seoul and live there. It just seemed like the perfect city for me. 

The moment i was actually leaving Daeho was suddenly there. "So you're really going to Seoul huh..." he said glaring at me. I didn't say anything and just turned away making my way over to the taxi that was waithing for me. A hand grabbed me by the arm and made me stop. "Do you really think i'm going to let you leave?" he said pulling me a step back. "Can you let go. Stop being childish..." i said glaring back at him. "Me childish? Are you sure? Weren't you the one chasing someone who doesn't even want you" he said. There he went again. "Why do you keep bringing Yoongi up? I tried to forget but you keep bringing him up. I'm sorry for you if he really hurt you that much with leaving you behind but i got nothing to do with that" i said in a loud tone pulling myself out of his grip. He stared at me for a moment but got a hold of me again. 

"You're not going there" he said in a stern tone making me shoot him a disbelieved look. "Let me go" i said trying to push him again but this seemed to get him into the pulling game which lead to us fighting with me trying to get out of his grip and he holding on to me. "Hyerin you're never going to leave me" he yelled being much more stronger than me. "Let go! Daeho stop it" i yelled back but it was no use. "Don't you understand? I love you. Don't go to Seoul. Don't go back to him. please. You can't do this to me. I care about you and i'm the only one who will. I confessed to you first. I'ts only fair you stay with me" he pleaned. wait what? Was Yoongi in Seoul? I thought for a moment but let the thought slip of my mind soon after. I had already let everything, every thought, every memory of him fall. Because of Daeho's words i had started to hate him too but Daeho didn't even raelise i did. In his eyes everything was still the same as the day after Yoongi left. Daeho's grip only got tighter and started to hurt. This was surely going to leave a brush. "Daeho you're crazy. You're hurting me! Let me go. I don't love you." my words didn't seem to get to him. It was as if he didn't hear. I still tried to push him off but he only got closer rougly pulling me into a kiss. 

Tears started to fall from my eyes. What had happeend to make Daeho like this. He used to be so sweet and caring but now. It's like i don't even know him anymore. I slapped his face making him let go of me. "Why are you doing this!" i paused wondering if what i was going to say was a good idea but right now i actually didn't care at all. "I love you. You are mine. Don't leave me!" he yelled reaching out for me again. "Stop being selfish. I don't belong to you. I don't love you and i never will. I thought we were friends but i don't even know who you are right now" i said and turend around quickly leaving him behind, scared he would chase me again. My heartbeat was racing. Daeho why? Why are you being like this.
~End of flashback~

How does he know where i work? I felt really creeped out now. I never told him anything about my new life here because he had never acepted it. "Let's get something to eat! You must be hungry after working so hard" he said smiling and took my hand pulling me with him as he started to walk the street. All i could do was stare at him in silence. I really wanted to run but what if he knew where i lived? It was almost 3 and Yoongi was going to pick me up there. What will happen if those two see each other. Daeho will blow up again, i'm pretty sure of that. "Da.. Daeho... i can't go with you. I have other plans." i tried to say but he stopped and glared. "I don't care... Just cancel those plans." he said in a low tone with a faint hint of anger. Oh no there he was going again. I let out a gasping breath feeling myself lost and scared. The guy took a harder grip on my hand and pulled me with him again.

"Can.. can you let go. You're hurting me." i asked in a whining tone feeling my eyes water. "No. I'm not going to let you run away from me again" he said not looking at me. "I'm not going to run, please. My hand. It hurts" i softy said with a cracking voice. He stopped and looked at my face for a moment. "Can i really trust you?" he said before he did let go and watched my every move. I thought i could run away right now but what if he was going to come after me. I was just to scared of what he would do next so i followed him feeling his eyes still on me as if he knew i could dissapear from his side if his eyes left me. 

"It's only been like 2 or three months but you changed a lot." he started making me think of how long i have already been in Seoul but it was actually such a short time. Still so much had happened in this short time, Yoongi happened. He's waithing for me. I have to go before he starts to worry about me. 

"Cant we do this another time? i really have to go" i asked but already knew the answer. Daeho didn't care for where i needed to go. "How many times are you going to say that? You can leave after you spend time with me" he silenced me. We walked for about 15 more minutes until he stopped somewhere looking on a board of a shop which selled food. "Do you wan't to go here?" he asked pushing me to the board to make me look. I pretended to look what the had on the menu seeing Daeho look over it too. For the little moment he stopped paying attention to me i took this as my chance and skipped away turning into a running. "I know where you live. It's no use, i will find you" he yelled after me. I happy that he didn't chase me but his words brought me worry. It was not like i had already expected this but i was terrified this was the actual truth.

I ran back to my house and stopped as i saw Yoongi stand before my door with an annoyed look on his face. He was looking at his phone but head shot up as he heard the sound of my footsteps. I was heavenly breathing trying to catch my breath. "I thought you said you were done at 1..." he growled putting his phone back in his pocket. "I tried to call you but you didn't pick up... You know if you don't wan't to go on this date you could have at least let me know..." he kept going on but i cut him off by running up to him pulling myself into his chest burrying my head in his jacket. He seemed confused but placed his arms around me not sure if he had to just hug me back. My eyes felt wet but the scared feeling had left as soon as i was in yoongi's arms. "Did something happen?" he asked hearing the worried tone in his voice.

I shook my head and let my tears fall. I didn't want him to worry but most of all didn't i want him to know how messed up his ex-bestfriend had become. Those two coudn't meet eacht other. I had to keep them away from each other. Yoongi had to focus on his career as an idol and something like Daeho coudn't get in the way. "It's nothing. I'm just happy to see you... I'm sorry i'm late, my boss didn't want to let me off" i lied and felt Yoongi's worry fade. "Oh okay. well, get ready so we can leave already." he told me moving himself from my embrace and wiped the tears from my face away with his thumps. I smiled a fake smile at him and he smiled back but deep in his eyes in could see he knew there was something more behind my break down.