Old folks' home

Who?

          It was the day for Jihyo, Jongkook and Jaesuk to go to the old folks' home to do their project. It was a non-school day but they were expected to wear school uniform as it is a school event. Different from what they expected from the start, they were kind of excited to go to the old folks' home. They meet up at school and then waited for their teacher to go together.

         "Isnt this exciting?" Jaesuk asked with an exciting tone.

         "I kind of feel excited," Jongkook replied. Then, both Jongkook and Jaesuk turned to Jihyo. Jihyo just nodded and gave them a bright smile.

         After a few minutes of chatting, Mr. Park, their teacher, arrived. 

         "Alright kids! Are we all set?" Mr. Park asked them. 

         "Yup!" The three of them said together. 

        "Let's go then," Mr. Park said while walking to a small bus. The four of them boarded the bus to the old folks' home.


          "Alright we are here!" Mr. Park announced loudly, noticing the sleeping Jihyo. Jihyo got shocked and jumped upon hearing Mr. Park's voice. Both Jaesuk and Jongkook saw this and giggled. Jihyo glared at them.

         "Is it funny?" Jihyo asked while rubbing her eyes.

         "Yes, yes it is," Jongkook chuckled. Jihyo was about to say something but was interrupted by Mr. Park.

        "Alright alright. We're here to make the elders here happy and remember this moment. Let's not create a fuss and do everything as planned ok?" Mr. Park stated some rules and then the three of them nodded to show that they understood.

         The four of them then entered the home. A young man was waiting for them. He is one of the care takers of the elders there. He explained some things about the Home and slowly, the three students started to feel sad and could not wait to meet the elders.

         They slowly make their way to the living room where the elders are having their free time and doing whatever they want. The five of them entered and the elders stare at them. The three students looked blankly at them but Jaesuk started to break the silence.

         "Hello everyone! I am Jaesuk and i'm a student from Seoul High School. These two are my friends, Jihyo and Jongkook. He is my teacher, Mr. Park. We hope to have fun during our time here with you. Nice to meet you and i look forward to spending time with all of you," Jaesuk introduced, leaving Mr. Park speechless because the teacher is the one who usually do the introductions. On the other hand, the elders gave the four of them applause and the four of them immediately felt welcomed. The four of them bowed to the elders and then the care taker took over. 

        "Jaesuk ah, that was good. Good job out there," Mr. Park praised Jaesuk and Jaesuk thanked him.

        "How are you so good at that?" Jihyo asked Jaesuk while looking blankly at him.

        "What is "that" ? Don't look at me like that. I think i'd melt from those eyes," Jaesuk teased Jihyo. Jihyo was shocked at what Jaesuk just said. Jaesuk just said that for fun and did not feel anything.

         "Were you flustered? Sorry," Jaesuk chuckled at Jihyo. 

        "What? No i was not! But of course i have beautiful eyes," Jihyo said, opening her eyes bigger and jumping up to match Jaesuk's eye level. Jaesuk just laughed.

        "The both of you there. Stop being so cheesy and come over," Jongkook called both Jihyo and Jaesuk over to a table of elders.

        Jaesuk immediately went over to Jongkook but Jihyo stood there still confused.

        What was that? What exactly did Jaesuk mean? Ah!! What is wrong with me? Why would i be bothered by that? 

        Jihyo thought but came to her senses at Jongkook's call. She quickly make her way there, still confused about Jaesuk's words. When she arrived, she looked at Jaesuk. Jaesuk did not even look at Jihyo. Then Jihyo started to be lost in her thoughts again.

         What is this feeling......... He probably just said that to tease me. Whatever !!!!!! 

        Mr. Park, Jaesuk, Jongkook and Jihyo then started interacting with the elders there before doing a performance. Jihyo, Jongkook and Jaesuk peformed a trot song for the elders and thankfully, the elders liked it.


 

         After the performance, they once again spend time with the elders. This time, Jihyo and Jongkook decided to help the elders cook while Mr. Park and Jaesuk went to chat with the male elders.

        Jihyo and Jongkook went to the backyard to join the elders who were already starting to cook. 

        "Hello elders. We're here to help you all cook. Is there anything we can help with?" Jihyo asked.

        "Aigoo....What a good human being. Yes yes, the both of you can help us dice some onions here with us," one of the grandmothers said.

        "Alright. Anyway, may i ask your names? So we can chat while we work," Jihyo said, appearing friendly to the elders.

       "You are.....Jihyo! Right? I am Heejung. This young man beside you?" the grandmother who welcomed Jihyo and Jongkook to help them, Heejung introduced herself.

        "I am Jongkook, grandmother Heejung. Nice to meet you," Jongkook introduced himself while dicing onions.

       The grandmothers introduced themselves to Jihyo and Jongkook and they chatted.


 

         "Hello. May we sit down?" Jaesuk asked with a bright smile.

         "Aigo yes yes. Please sit down," a grandfather pulled out a chair for Jaesuk while his friend pulled a chair for Mr. Park.

         "What are you all talking about? Also, what are your names?" Jaesuk asked to chat with them.

         "We're just talking about life. How much the world has changed and how it's so modernized. I am Sungjae," the grandfather said.

         "Hello Sungjae grandfather. Ah yes yes. The world has changed so much. It's easier for us. We have technologies that can make us study without books," Jaesuk greeted the grandfather properly before talking.

         "Yes.....But it's also dangerous. It can cause addiction and kids like you guys will not be able to study well. Am i right teacher?" Sungjae turned to Mr. Park and he nodded.

         "Go out there and explore the village life for awhile. I bet you'll like it. It's very calming. Don't always rely on your gadgets," Sungjae advised Jaesuk.

         "Yes grandfather. I will heed your advice," Jaesuk took note of Sungjae's words. They continued talking about life and Jaesuk has never felt this free before.


 

        "Jihyo ah, put this in the pot there. You are a young lady, you should learn how to cook," Heejung joked. Jihyo smiled and stood up to put in the onions that were diced into the boiling soup.

        "Jihyo ah! Be careful," Jongkook told Jihyo while watching her put in the onions. Heejung noticed this and smiled.

        "Aigo.....These two young people. You two are a good match. Why don't the both of you get together?" Heejung started to make a loveline when Jihyo settled down. The other grandmothers agreed and teased the both of them.

        "What? Us? The both of us? Sorry......No...I'm not interested in him," Jihyo immediately denied of their suggestion.

        "Excuse me? I don't want to be with you either!" Jongkook felt offended at Jihyo's words and argued.

       "Aigo.....See how they are fighting? They will end up together somehow...Kekekeeke," the grandmothers started laughing at them and the both of them blushed. They continued to chat until the food is ready.


 

          They all gathered for lunch and the four people from school gathered together again. Jihyo and Jongkook still felt awkward with each other so they decided to sit away from each other. Jaesuk was in between them.

          They ate at a long table and the elders that cooked the food with Jihyo and Jongkook sat infront of them. They noticed that Jihyo and Jongkook were apart and started teasing them again.

          "Jongkook ah. Why are the both of you sitting so far apart? kekekekeke," Heejung teased. The grandmothers giggled. Jihyo and Jongkook just laughed along while they eat. Jaesuk looked at both Jihyo and Jongkook and decided to tease them more.

        "Aigooooo! What do we have here? Did i miss something grandmothers?" Jaesuk asked the grandmothers.

        "We told them that they were a great match and now they are sitting far apart," Heejung told Jaesuk.

       "Aigo should i change place then?" Jaesuk joked. The grandmothers jokingly nodded their head and they all laughed. The elders there had a great meal thanks to the four people.

         After lunch, it was time for the four people to go back to school. Jaesuk once again went infront to say their farewell.

       "Today was a very exciting day for all of us. We are very thankful that we get to meet the grandmothers and grandfathers here. We had a splendid time here. Thank you so much for chatting with us, grandfathers. I'll remember your advice and use it in the future. Thank you for the meal, grandmothers. I'll remember your words that our friends here, Jihyo and Jongkook, are a good match. Other than that, thank you so much for welcoming us," Jaesuk added some humour to his speech and the elders there liked it. The elders gave an applause and the four of them bowed to the elders. They waved goodbye to the elders and the elders did the same.

         


        Once on the bus, Jaesuk started to tease Jihyo and Jongkook again.

       "Ohhhhhh, what did the both of you do while me and Mr. Park were elsewhere? Did i miss anything? Did the both of you kiss?" Jaesuk asked. Mr. Park turned around to listen because he was interested too.

       "Ya Jaesuk. Do you have a death wish? We didn't do anything! The elders like to joke around anyway," Jongkook denied everything.

       "That's right. Anyway, there's no way im getting together with HIM," Jihyo pointed at Jongkook.

         "Excuse me, i DO NOT want to be with you either. Did you think i was happy to hear what the elders said?"  Jongkook responded.

       "Ok ok. Enough. The elders there wanted to joke around so it should be nothing. Let's all calm down and rest," Mr. Park calmed them down and turned around back. Jaesuk was still laughing.

       "Ya Jaesuk. Have you ever tasted my fist?" Jongkook threatened Jaesuk while showing his fist at him.

        "Ok Ok!!!! I'll stop...." Jaesuk quickly tried to stop laughing to avoid getting a punch. After that commotion, they all rested. Jihyo started to  think about Jaesuk's words.

         I am still so bothered by Jaesuk's words. Why do i feel so weird when he said that? Do i like him? NO WAY!!! Jihyo!! Stop thinking about these and sleep.

        Meanwhile, Jongkook started to think about what happened at the old folks' home.

        Jihyo? Did we really look great together?  If i don't like her, i shouldn't have blushed so much just now. But i felt like my cheeks could fry an egg. There's no way i'm liking her right? no way.......

        Jaesuk just went to sleep not thinking about anything.


P.S Is this update slower than the rest of the chapters? Sorry ㅠㅠ Anyway, thank you for reading and thank you for your support on this fanfic !! :D