Befriending

Who?

         "Ya Song Jihyo, don't forget we're meeting up and discussing about the project today later. Meet us at the library at 3," Jaesuk informed Jihyo.

         "I know i know," Jihyo said, annoyed. Jaesuk noticed this and just walked away with Jongkook.

         


         "Ugh....I can't believe i'm working with 2 of the most annoying guys later," Jihyo complained while laying her head on the table.

         "Ha....Stay strong my friend," Haena said,trying not to get caught talking by the teacher.

         Jihyo was so annoyed the whole day because of this. However, she needed to get good grades for this project for her to be able to promote next year. Whatever she does, she has to trust the guys.


         "Let's wait for her here. I don't think she'll take that long anyway," Jaesuk said while pulling the chair for him to sit down. Jongkook followed.

         "Ya....What are we going to do with that brat? Sigh....She's so hot-tempered," Jongkook complained when the both of them had settled down.

         "I know right. Let's hear what she has to say first and work on what she has," Jaesuk suggested. Jongkook agreed and the both of them waited for Jihyo.

         10 minutes later, Jihyo arrived looking around, searching for Jaesuk and Jongkook. Jaesuk saw her and waved at her. Jihyo saw Jaesuk and quickly walked over to their table.

        "What took you so long?" Jongkook complained quietly as they are still in the library.

        "It's just 10 minutes," Jihyo replied and then rolled her eyes. Jongkook took a deep breath and did not answer her back to avoid arguing further.

        "Anyway, let's go to somewhere else where we can talk so we won't disturb the students here," Jaesuk said while packing his stuffs.

        The three of them went to the canteen and started to discuss about the project with Jongkook's laptop.

       "What are we going to do?" Jongkook asked.

       "We have to finish a report as well in this 2 months. Let's do something that is easy but yet meaningful too," Jihyo suggested.

       "Examples?" Jaesuk asked.

       "Well.... I don't really know but we can try going to the old folks' home," Jihyo suggested while Jongkook started to type in the suggested activities the three of them can do.

       "That's not bad. Should we just go with that first? If it doesn't work out then we'll think of other things," Jaesuk said and the other two agreed.

        "Ya Song Jihyo. What are we going to do there?" Jongkook asked.

        "Clean their bedrooms or something? Entertain them with a performance?" Jihyo suggested.

        "You're going to clean. I'm not going to go home smelly and dirty," Jongkook said with a disgusted face.

        "Excuse me? Are you a girl? I'm a girl and i'm willing to do these things. You're so tiring," Jihyo said.

        "What? What did you say? "Am i a girl?" What?! Do you have a death wish?!" Jongkook replied angrily.

        "What? It's true. You don't want to clean," Jihyo continued to annoy Jongkook. Jaesuk only looked at them fight and continued with the proposal in Jongkook's laptop.

        "Ya ya ya! The both of you!! Stop it! We have to finish this today and ask permission from teacher," Jaesuk stopped them with raising his voice.

        "Jongkook started first!" Jihyo pointed at Jongkook.

        "WHAT?! No! Jihyo started it! Ya this girl. You're going to get it," Jongkook said, denying.

        "The both of you look like kids. Stop and discuss on the proposal. Quick!!" Jaesuk hurried them. 

        "Ugh I can't believe i'm in this team," Jihyo complained. Jongkook wanted to say something to Jihyo but was stopped by Jaesuk.

        After an hour, the three of them finished their proposal and Jihyo quickly packed her things to get ready to go home.

        "Ya where are you going?" Jaesuk asked Jihyo.

        "Home? Duh?" Jihyo replied.

        "Let's have dinner together. Right Jongkook?" Jaesuk asked Jihyo while nudging and winking Jongkook. Jongkook looked shocked.

        "What?! With this brat? No!" Jongkook rejected strongly.

        "Whatever! Let's go Jihyo," Jaesuk said but pulled both Jihyo and Jongkook before he could finish his sentence. Jihyo and Jongkook struggled to release the hold before free.

        "Ya! What do you think you're doing?" Jihyo asked Jaesuk angrily while massaging her wrist.

        "Me too! What was that?" Jongkook asked, glaring at Jaesuk.

        "We are groupmates. We have to get along. Well, I won't let go until you guys decide you all will go eat dinner together. Let's go," Jaesuk explained briefly before pulling the both of them again.

        "Ok ok ok!!! Stop pulling me. I can walk myself! I'll have dinner with you guys. But! Just for tonight. Ugh...Why are you so strong," Jihyo pulled herself free and started massaging her wrist because she could not take it anymore.

        "Ya! Are you crazy? Fine! I'll walk myself. Don't expect me to talk later," Jongkook sulked.

        "Let's hurry up," Jaesuk hurried them both while grinning. He thought it was funny seeing them getting angry over this small thing. 

        The three of them entered a noodle restaurant and sat down at a table. They were quiet as ever. Both Jihyo and Jongkook looked so angry and kept glaring at Jaesuk. 

        "What are you all looking at? I ordered food and both of you better eat. It's on me tonight. Other nights it's on either of you," Jaesuk said with a huge smile but both Jihyo and Jongkook still kept quiet.

        "Ya.....Why are you all being so quiet? I hate quiet! Jongkook you know that well," Jaesuk said while hinting at Jongkook to talk. Jongkook then started to talk.

        "Oh...I told you i won't talk," Jongkook said, still sounding so angry.

        "Pffft.... As if! After the both of you start to eat, i'm sure you all will be talking," Jaesuk said.

        "Ya... Seriously. Let's start off with a proper introduction. Will we get good grades if we keep fighting like this? I don't know about the both of you but i'm really worried for my grades. That's why i'm making an effort to get to know you, Jihyo. I know Jongkook too well already," Jaesuk explained his situation. Jongkook heard this and looked at Jaesuk. Jongkook knew that Jaesuk needed to get good grades so badly because of his parents. Jaesuk's parents expect him to get extremely good grades and when he does not meet his parents' expectations, he will be abused by the both of them. 

        "Ya Song Jihyo. Let's do this. I hate to do this but i have to. Let's start with what we like to do," Jongkook hand out his hand to shake hands with Jihyo. He and Jaesuk are best friends that cannot be separated. He did this for Jaesuk. 

       "I don't want to, unfortunately," Jihyo was being stubborn.

       "We have to. Please. This is a group project. So it's being graded on the group's effort. The three of us will have the same grade," Jongkook pleaded all he could but Jihyo still did not want to be on good terms with Jongkook.

       "The food is here! Let's eat first," Jaesuk interrupted them and started to dig in his food. Jongkook looked at Jaesuk and thought that he really needed to get Jihyo to be on good terms with him for his best friend to get good grades. 

       After dinner, the three of them start to head home.

      "Ya Jaesuk ah, I'll go home by myself. You go home first. I have to take care of things," Jongkook said.

        "I can go with you," Jaesuk offered because he does not want to go home too early.

        "I know how you feel but i really need to do this alone," Jongkook rejected Jaesuk's company.

        "It sounds important. Well then, see you tomorrow buddy! If there's anything you need, call me," Jaesuk said while waving goodbye to Jongkook.

        Jongkook waved back at Jaesuk and started running for Jihyo when Jaesuk turned around. He was determined to get Jihyo to put in her 100% in this project for his best friend. He knew that Jaesuk did not want to work together with Jihyo in the first place but his parents leave him with no choice. Jongkook ran after Jihyo and finally caught up with her. Jongkook pulled Jihyo aside.

        "Song Jihyo," Jongkook said and paused to catch his breath.

        "What are you doing? Get off!" Jihyo screamed. 

        "Quiet! People are going to hear us! It's nothing! I wanted to talk about the project," Jongkook said while covering Jihyo's mouth with his hands. Jongkook only released it when Jihyo calmed down and decided to give Jongkook to say what he wants to say.

         "About just now. Let's be friends. For real. I'm doing this for the sake of my friend. He needs his grades to be good. If we all do this great, we'll all get good and deserving grades, right? I don't know what's more important to you right now but for me, it's my friend. Think about it. I'll give you time. But please let's be friends and work together,"  Jongkook took his time to explain what he wants to say. After he told Jihyo what he wanted to say, he walked away to go home.

         Jihyo was left there, confused. Jihyo took some time to finally realisd what Jongkook was trying to say. She slowly walked home and thought about what Jongkook said. 

         Who is the friend he's talking about? Obviously it's Jaesuk right? Jaesuk's the only other guy in my group. Why is it so hard for me to befriend them anyway? There's really nothing wrong with befriending them but why does it feel so wrong? Ah.....I don't know..