The hidden story

Who?

          Jaesuk's alarm went off and he opened his eyes. He let out a few groans because of his aching body from yesterday. He touched his hips and slowly got up. He rubbed his eyes and grabbed his phone to see what time it was. He saw Jongkook's text and smiled to himself.

          What a great friend i have. Haha... Thank you Jongkook ah. See you in school later.

          Jaesuk replied to Jongkook before going to shower.


         Jongkook, who was already up eating breakfast, immediately checked his phone when a notification tone rang. He smiled at Jaesuk's text and took a huge bite of his sandwich.

         On the other hand, Jihyo was already dressed up and had her breakfast. She packed her bag and saw her test results. She decided to just leave it on her study desk and went off to school.


         Jihyo's mother forgot to take her documents that were needed during a meeting so she went back home to get it. She still had a lot of time so she took her time to get it. 

         She reached home and collected her necessary documents. She walked past Jihyo's room and decided to knock on her door. There was no response. Jihyo's mother entered her room and saw that Jihyo is gone. Jihyo had already went to school. Jihyo's mom walked around her room and saw a piece of paper on her study desk. She picked it up and saw Jihyo's test results. She almost screamed, but calmed herself down.

        What is this girl thinking? How could she get this low for a test? I'm going to talk to her. She was so rude to me and her dad but her test results are terrible. 

        Jihyo's mom thought to herself. She decided to go to Jihyo's school to talk to her. She drove to Jihyo's school and asked for Jihyo. 

        "Jihyo ah, somebody wants to meet you. She's in the school carpark," Ms. Lee somehow managed to find Jihyo in the canteen and asked her to meet her mother in the carpark.

        Jihyo nodded and went to the carpark. She did not know who was looking for her. She came down to the carpark and saw a familiar back. She slowly approached her and Jihyo's mom turned around. 

        "Nice to see you, my daughter. What were you doing just now?" Jihyo's mom asked Jihyo. Jihyo was shocked that her mother is in school.

        "Nothing. I was just hanging out with my friends. Why are you here, Mother?" Jihyo asked.

        "Hanging out with friends?" Jihyo's mother asked and then gave her a tight slap. Jihyo got so shocked and started to cry.

        "What was that, Mother?!" Jihyo screamed.

        "So you hang out with your friends instead of studying? This is why you get low marks! You told us you were going to improve but what are you doing?!" Jihyo's mother scolded her.

        "Mother.......I can explain. This will be the last terrible marks," Jihyo pleaded her mom to stop.

        "Listen here, Jihyo ah. I will talk to you at home," Jihyo's mother cupped Jihyo's cheeks and went into her car to go to work. Jihyo was at a loss of words but still adjusted her school uniform and stopped crying to show that nothing happened. However, at this point of time, Jaesuk was in the area. Jaesuk saw Jihyo getting slapped by her mom. Jaesuk quickly ran to her when her mother left the place. 

        "Ya Jihyo! Wait! What was that about?" Jaesuk asked while pulling her hand not to let her walk away.

       "Huh? Nothing. I'm fine. Ya..... What happened to YOU?" Jihyo assured Jaesuk that she was fine. Jihyo saw a bruise mark on the corner of Jaesuk mouth. She tried to touched it but Jaesuk flinched.

       "Don't lie and change the topic! I saw you getting slapped by her! Who is she?" Jaesuk grabbed Jihyo's wrist and firmly asked her.

       "Oh? Oh! That.....Well i need to go to the toilet," Jihyo tried to release Jaesuk's grip but failed.

      "Answer me! Quick!" Jaesuk tightened his grip around Jihyo's wrist.

      "I SAID IT WAS NOTHING! WHO ARE YOU TO INTERFERE WITH MY LIFE?!" Jihyo screamed in Jaesuk's face and violently shook her hand to let go of Jaesuk's grip. Jaesuk got shocked and release his grip. Jihyo then ran away.

        What was that? I was pretty sure she got slapped.....Who is that lady? Is Jihyo living like how i am right now? What is happening?

       Jaesuk thought to himself. He touched his bruise at the corner of his mouth. He quickly got himself together and went to class.


        "Where were the both of you? I was searching the class like crazy," Jongkook asked Jaesuk when he saw Jaesuk entering the class after Jihyo entered a few minutes later.

        "Me? I went to the toilet," Jaesuk lied.

       "Jaesuk ah, your mouth....... Is that why you didn't reply my message?" Jongkook tried to hint Jaesuk that he wants to know what happened last night.

       "This? Oh, no! I didn't reply your message because i was too tired and fell asleep. This, well, yeah. He did it again," Jaesuk explained. Jongkook was the only one that Jaesuk would tell about his family. 

        "Jaesuk ah! I told you to stop him! If you're not going to do it, i am," Jongkook said. 

       "It's fine Jongkook. I'm used to it. Anyway, if you talk to him, it's going to be worse," Jaesuk chuckled at Jongkook's words and stopped him.

       "Whatever but now let's go to the toilet and treat your injuries," Jongkook said while pulling Jaesuk to the toilet. Jongkook always had some ointment, bandages and more in his bag because of Jaesuk.

       Jongkook started to find cotton wool and some ointment to treat the bruise at the corner of Jaesuk's mouth. Jaesuk flinched a few times but Jongkook still managed to put medication to it. Jongkook pulled Jaesuk's shirt up and saw cane marks. 

       "Jaesuk..... He caned you too?" Jongkook asked while applying medication to it with much care. Jaesuk only nodded his head. Jongkook felt so bad that he could not stop his friend from getting this treatment. Jaesuk kept flinching when Jongkook applied medication and Jongkook kept apologizing. After everything, the both of them went back to class and were late. 


        During Math Lesson, Jaesuk looked at Jihyo and thought of what happened this morning. He took out his phone and secretly texted Jihyo.

        Let's go eat after school. I don't know if Jongkook wants to come but you have to come.

        Jihyo felt her phone vibrate and took out her phone secretly. She read Jaesuk's message and turned around to Jaesuk. Jaesuk smiled at her.

        What is this for? Well if it's about that project i have to go, right?

        Jaesuk read it and replied.

       For fun ^^ 

        Jihyo read it and turned to Jaesuk. She gave him a disgusted look and kept her phone away. 


         Class ended and Jaesuk still wanted to eat with Jihyo. He walked over to Jihyo who was packing her stuffs and threw his arms around her neck. 

        "Ya Jongkook ah! Come here!" Jaesuk shouted across the classroom to call for Jongkook. Jongkook quickly ran over.

        "Ya! Yoo Jae Suk! What are you doing?!" Jihyo tried to push away Jaesuk's arms but he was too strong.

        "What is it?" Jongkook asked. 

       "Do you want to go eat today? Me and Jihyo confirmed!" Jaesuk asked Jongkook while pulling Jihyo nearer.

       "Sorry, i have to do some things in school. You guys go ahead without me. Next time i'll catch up on the things you guys talked about," Jongkook could not make it and went off to do his stuffs.

       "I guess it's just you and me then. Let's go!" Jaesuk smiled at Jihyo, helped her pack and pulled her.

       "Let me go! Since when did i say i want to eat with you? Ya! Let me go!" Jihyo screamed while the both of them run across the hallway. Everyone looked at them but Jaesuk did not care.

       "I already said you have to come," Jaesuk said when the both of them were out of school. 

      "Why do i have to go?" Jihyo asked.

      "You'll have free food," Jaesuk said.

     "Ooooooohh!!! Nice! But i'll go home after i eat," Jihyo said. Jihyo could not resist food, of course.

     


       The both of them arrived at a restaurant and settled down. The both of them ordered food and Jaesuk started to talk.

       "So what happened in the carpark just now?" Jaesuk asked.

       "Did you bring me here to ask about that?" Jihyo asked Jaesuk back.

       "I'll introduce myself to you, seriously now," Jaesuk said. 

      "Why exactly are you doing this?" Jihyo asked.

       "Because we're supposed to be friends but we don't know anything about each other," Jaesuk answered her. Jihyo was silent and Jaesuk started to talk.

       "I am Yoo Jae Suk. In your class. Probably one of the most handsome guy in the class. I might have the same life as you have now based on what happened just now," Jaesuk started to introduce himself. 

       "Handsome?! Ew....Anyway, what happened just now? What has it got to do with you?" Jihyo asked while fixing her gaze at Jaesuk's bruise that she touched just now.

       "Yeah....I will tell you the full story if you will tell me yours. I have never told anyone else about my life except for Jongkook. You're going to be the second person if you agree to this deal," Jaesuk put out his pinky. Jihyo looked blankly at his pinky. 

       "Are you sure i can trust you?" Jihyo asked, slowly putting out her pinky.

      "No one else knows about my life except Jongkook. Look how good am i with secrets," Jaesuk joked.

      "Ok. Promise," Jihyo interlocked her pinky with Jaesuk's and the both of them made a pinky promise.

        "Nice, shall i start?" Jaesuk asked and their food came.

       "Yeah. And just nice our food came," Jihyo said.

       "This bruise here. It's my father. He made this. I grew up in this kind of world," Jaesuk said. 

       "What do you mean?" Jihyo asked, confused, still looking at Jaesuk's bruise.

       "Everytime i don't get a perfect score, i'll get this," Jaesuk calmly explained while eating his food.

      "Oh...Jaesuk...I..I'm..I am sorry," Jihyo started to tear up when she heard Jaesuk's story.

      "It's okay. I'm used to this anyway," Jaesuk assured Jihyo.

     "Ya! But you got 98/100 for this test!!" Jihyo tried to console Jaesuk.

     "That's exactly why this bruise is new," Jaesuk said.

     "Oh....I'm...I'm soooo sorry if i've mistreated you all this while. If only i knew you had a hard time all these while," Jihyo started to apologize and a tear dropped.

      "Right. You've always mistreated me and treated Jongkook better. Maybe because he got perfect marks. Why are you crying? Ya.....Don't cry Jihyo ah," Jaesuk and grabbed a tissue and started to wipe her tears away.

      "Ah...Nothing...Thanks," Jihyo said while taking the tissue and wiping her eyes herself.

       "My life isn't that sad. You don't have to cry about it. Anyway, about you," Jaesuk joked.

      "Ya....Is now a good time to joke? Anyway, my life is not the same as yours," Jihyo said.

      "I can see that," Jaesuk said.

      "As you know, i got slapped. That's because i rudely talked back to my parents last night and my mom found out i got terrible marks. So she went to our school and slapped me. Crazy. I know. Well, who wouldn't be angry if their parents are going to send them to another country to finish their studies there and the child does not want to?" Jihyo started to get angry while sharing her story to Jaesuk. 

       "Relax Jihyo ah. You're so fierce. I see.....So that was your mother? I should've said hello. Don't cry. Your food is going to be sad too. Ya....I paid for it you better finish it," Jaesuk cheered Jihyo up with a bit of jokes.

       The both of them finish their food and Jaesuk decided to walk Jihyo home. Since Jaesuk wants to waste as much time, and Jihyo knows why, Jihyo let Jaesuk walk her home. They talked and joked around while walking to Jihyo's home. The both of them have learnt so much about each other.