Exposed

Who?

        It's finally the finals and Jihyo is being especially nervous. While waiting for assembly, the three friends gathered together and tried to calm each other down.

        "Yah, Song Jihyo. Fighting! I know you can do it. You've studied with us for so long. The top 2," Jaesuk cheered Jihyo on with a fighting pose.

        "Yeah. I know i didn't have as much time as Jaesuk to help you but i taught you a few methods. I hope you remember them! Anyway, all the best!!! Let's graduate with great scores and together," Jongkook agreed with Jaesuk and added on.

       "Thank you guys. I don't know what i would've done without the both of you. Thank you so much. For the both of you too, don't shake and just do it calmly. I hope the both of you get great results. Thank you," Jihyo thanked the both of them and hugged the both of them before going to her best friends. Both Jaesuk and Jongkook felt more reassured with that hug.

        "Yah, Kim Jongkook. Mr. number 1! I know you'll do great so i don't have to worry. Yah, but if you don't get what i expect, you're going to be dead," Jaesuk joked and the both of them laughed.

       "I know i know. You too. I hope you'll get a break. Especially you. You have to do well! Song Jihyo's boyfriend-to-be, fighting!" Jongkook cheered Jaesuk on with Jihyo's name and Jaesuk punched him lightly.

       "Why would you bring that up? Don't make me blush! Anyway, let's go. Looks like students are going to assemble," Jaesuk said and Jongkook smiled bitterly at Jaesuk. 


         After the first paper is done, Jaesuk and Jongkook met up with each other and talked about the paper. While they were walking out of school, Jihyo called them.

       "Oh, Song Jihyo. How was the paper? Did you find it manageable?" Jongkook asked.

       "Well, quite. I'm pretty sure i'll pass at least. How about the both of you? Ah, i don't even need to ask," Jihyo asked the both of them.

       "Manageable too," Jaesuk said and Jongkook agreed.

       "I'll go now then. Bye," Jihyo said and went off to Haena and Mijoo.

       The week went on with the final examination. The three of them were busy studying.


        A week has passed and the finals are finally done. As Jihyo walk out of the examination hall, she stretched her body in joy. After that, she went to find Jaesuk and Jongkook.

        "Yah, let's go eat today," Jihyo said as she slit in between the two guys.

       "Suddenly?" Jongkook asked.

       "Well, the finals are over so let's go get some fresh air," Jihyo said.

       "Of course! Let's go," Jaesuk agreed and both Jihyo and Jaesuk looked at Jongkook. Jongkook hesitated to join them as he knows that Jaesuk likes Jihyo. He decided to let them eat by themselves.

       "I have something on. Sorry but i'll walk out together," Jongkook denied the offer kindly. Suddenly, Jaesuk wants to use the toilet so Jihyo and Jongkook waited together. Jongkook decided that it was his last time seeing Jihyo so he decided to confess.

       "Jihyo ah," Jongkook called out Jihyo's name.

       "Yes?" Jihyo responded.

       "Whatever i'm doing now, don't withstand. Please, just let me be and let me talk," Jongkook said, turning to Jihyo.

       "Okay but what is it?" Jihyo asked. Suddenly, Jongkook pulled Jihyo to him and hugged her. At this time, Jaesuk saw it from afar. He quietly listened to what Jongkook was saying.

       "I don't know if you feel the same but i've always liked you. Always. Ever since we worked togther, the first day. I've fallen for you. I didn't have the courage to do it earlier but now i have. It's too late now. There's someone better, no. He's someone important to me. He's the perfect one for you. You said that whatever happens, let's stay as best friends and never leave each other's side. I know i promised but i can't do it if i feel like this. I'm sorry. Let this be the last time we meet each other," Jongkook finally let go of the hug and rubbed his eyes. Jihyo could not say anything.

       "And also the paper thing, i'll give it to you now. It's okay if you don't want to give mine to me but have yours. I'll be going now. Take care of yourself and my friend," Jongkook said before walking off. Jaesuk saw everything and clenched his fist. Jaesuk stomped off to home using the other way. Jihyo was left there alone, still thinking about Jongkook's words. She slowly opened the paper and see inside.

       "What just happened? Who is he talking about? Was he crying? Is he for real? What am i supposed to do? What is going on? Where's Jaesuk? Where is he?" Jihyo started to ask alot of questions to herself. After realising that she waited too long , she slowly walked out of school. She walked like a half-dead human. She held Jongkook's paper tightly. She threw herself onto her bed when she reached home.

       "Will we never meet again? Never?" Jihyo continued to ask questions. She turned to her phone and was thinking whether she should call Jongkook.


       Jongkook quickly went to his house, feeling heartbroken. He cried as he walked home.

      "Was that the best move? Should i do that? Jaesuk can never know. Jaesuk's my best friend. I can't bear to lose my only best friend," Jongkook kept saying these words to himself and could not stop crying.

      "Why am i crying over a girl?" Jongkook pulled himself together. He then went to take a shower but he still could not stop thinking about it. He had running water under his head for a few minutes. Then, he suddenly screamed.

      "Why can't i get her out of my head?! Get lost Song Jihyo!!!" Jongkook screamed and punched the wall. His fist bleed a little but it was nothing to Jongkook.

       When Jongkook changed into new clothes, someone rang the bell. He went down thinking who could it be. He went down and opened the door. Jaesuk was standing infront of him, looking down.

       "Jaesuk ah, why are you-" Jongkook got cut off by Jaesuk.

      "Why didn't you tell me? What would that make me if you didn't tell me? You're my bestfriend. I can't believe you did that. Whatever you said to Jihyo, would that make me feel better? What if Jihyo doesn't act the same with me? WITH YOU? Why did you do that?" Jaesuk pulled Jongkook's collar and bombard him with Jaesuk.

      "Yah, Jaesuk, let go," Jongkook calmly said but Jaesuk won't let go.

      "You hugged her, told her there was a better person liking her and that the both of you won't meet again. Those words will haunt her forever and she won't be comfortable with me, you idiot," Jaesuk scolded Jongkook and Jongkook could not take it any longer. He pushed away Jaesuk's hands and pushed Jaesuk to the floor.

       "Then what should i do?! Shut up about it and go out with Jihyo secretly hoping to be together with her while you keep talking to me about how you like Jihyo?! Will that be okay with you?! WILL YOU BE OKAY?!" Jongkook shouted at Jaesuk and Jaesuk went silent. Jongkook realised he went overboard and calmed himself down. The both of them stood up and dust off their clothes. They remained silent for quite awhile until Jongkook decide to speak up.

       "Sorry," Jongkook apologized.

      "Me too," Jaesuk did the same. Jaesuk walked to Jongkook and pulled out his hand to shake hands with Jongkook. Jongkook looked at Jaesuk and hugged Jaesuk.

      "I am so sorry. I was just worried i'd lose you. You're my only best friend. I can't bear to lose you after Jihyo," Jongkook started crying and Jaesuk rubbed his back.

      "Nevermind. Forget about Jihyo. Let's talk about us," Jaesuk said and Jongkook nodded.

      "You know we are friends since childhood. It's impossible for us to separate. It's ridiculous that we're fighting over a girl," Jaesuk explained.

      "I'm sorry for doing that. You know, i can just act like i've never met Jihyo before and you can do whatever you want with Jihyo," Jongkook said.

       "Yah, are you still going to be like this? You really like Jihyo. Would you really be okay when you leave Jihyo like that? You don't know Jihyo's feelings. Why are you jumping to conclusions? I like Jihyo as much too but my best friend comes first. If Jihyo chooses you, i have to respect her decision and also help my friend," Jaesuk explained his situation.

       "Jaesuk ah, i'm telling you. Jihyo likes you. The other night, we went out, she told me that we'll be best friends forever. I've already decide that i'll leave it like there. I was so stupid to hug her like that," Jongkook hit himself talking about it.

       "I'm going to her house now to ask how she's doing. She doesn't know i know about this. You'll stay here and rest. Don't think about what happened today. Remember, you come first before Jihyo to me. Great job on your finals and see you soon," Jaesuk said his goodbyes and went to Jihyo's house. Jongkook ruffled his hair and blamed himself for everything that happened.

       "You shouldn't have done that Jongkook. You're stupid," Jongkook said to himself. He suddenly remembered Jaesuk's words and went to take a nap.


        Jaesuk called Jihyo went he arrived outside her house.

       "Outside," Jaesuk said and Jihyo knew Jaesuk was outside her house. She quickly went outside.

       "What are you doing here?" Jihyo asked.

       "I know, right? I don't know either," Jaesuk said and smiled at her.

       "You look bothered," Jaesuk asked Jihyo and pulled her to walk together.

       "Jaesuk ah, if two girls that are close to you likes you, what would you do?" Jihyo asked Jaesuk.

       "Well, i'd pick the one i have interest in. The one i like more," Jaesuk said and continued before Jihyo could say anything.

       "Ah, you're curious what i would do when the other person feels hurt right? Well, tell her we still can be friends. If it's uncomfortable for her, let her be. Help her to find a better man," Jaesuk explained.

       "I see," Jihyo was as if mumbling to herself.

      "Why? Did something happened today?" Jaesuk asked.

       "Nothing," Jihyo lied and Jaesuk knew.

       "Jihyo ah, remember. Choose the one you like more. Choose the one that your heart tells you. Then, talk it out with the other guy slowly and things will work out. I promise," Jaesuk reassured Jihyo and patted her head.

       "I hope," Jihyo hoped.

       "Oh? Let's go back. We finished talking," Jaesuk said and Jihyo looked at him blankly.

       "I had a feeling you're not well so i went to check with my own eyes. Which turned out to be true. You should get some rest. Call me if you need anything. Also, i really really like you," Jaesuk said before going off.


        Jihyo thought about Jaesuk's words deeply. All day, all she ever worried about Jaesuk and Jongkook. She chose the person for her according to Jaesuk's words. After being able to be less worried about what happened earlier in school, she took a nap.


  P.S I read a comment about a sequel. I'll talk about it more when i finish this story. For you spartace fans getting worried, continue reading if you want to find out but if you feel like the ending is going to be something else than what you wanted i can't stop you from not reading this story :/  I'm reading comments about making 2 endings hehe i'll think about it. Anyways, thank you for reading and subscribing !!! :D