Friends?

Who?

         It's the next day and Jihyo,Jongkook and Jaesuk has to propose their project to their teacher before they can proceed with what they want to do. Jihyo, who was still bothered by Jongkook's words last night, really wanted to be far away from the both of them. She walks in slowly into the classroom and Jaesuk sprung out of his seat. He seemed more enthusiastic than ever. Jihyo flinched. 

         "What do you want so early in the morning?" Jihyo asked, pretending to be okay.

         "What do i want? Ha....Are you joking? I was just going to tell you that this afternoon, we're meeting with Mr. Park to tell him about our project," Jaesuk explained why he was rushing to Jihyo the moment she stepped into the classroom. Jongkook was busy completing his homework that was due last 2 days but the teacher did not really made it a big deal because he was the perfect scorer most of the time.

         "Oh- Oh- Okay then. Now, if you would excuse me," Jihyo quickly tried to go to her seat to avoid talking to Jaesuk. Jihyo could not help but think about Jongkook's words last night whenever she sees Jaesuk or Jongkook.

         "Oh? You're acting weird today. Are you okay? Are you sick? Worried about something? Didn't eat your breakfast?" Jaesuk moved his face closer to hers to see if she is okay. Jihyo got shocked and immediately pushed Jaesuk's away.

          "Ya! What?! I am okay! Ugh. Isn't this how i am everyday," Jihyo suddenly burst into anger for no reason. Jaesuk looked at her walk away blankly. Jongkook only watched this from afar after he completed his homework.

          "Ya Jongkook ah. Did you see that? Jihyo's acting so weird today," Jaesuk told Jongkook after he sat down beside Jongkook.

          "Let her be.......She's probably having her mood swings," Jongkook said, looking at Jihyo.

          Is she being like this because of what i said last night? Is she thinking about it? Ah....I don't know. It should be good that she's thinking about it right? But she'll not be able to focus when proposing to Mr. Park....Ah...Whatever....

        Jongkook thought to himself. He sort of felt guilty. 


       It was lunchtime and Jongkook decided to talk to Jihyo.

       "Are you going for lunch?" Jongkook asked Jaesuk.

       "Nope. I have some work to do. You're going alone today i think..... Hahahahha," Jaesuk joked around.

       "Very funny....Anyway, i'm headed for the toilet. Just wait for me here," Jongkook informed Jaesuk in case Jaesuk wants to find Jongkook. Jaesuk nodded.

       Jongkook stepped out of the classroom and quickly searched for Jihyo. He quickly walked along the corridor towards the canteen. He went to the canteen to find Jihyo and she was there. He texted her to meet him somewhere. Jihyo then went to where Jongkook wants to meet.

       "What do you want?" Jihyo asked.

       "Are you thinking about what i said last night?" Jongkook asked.

       "Well i was...Now i'm not," Jihyo said, tried to walk away but was pulled by Jongkook.

       "Ah.....Seriously. So what do you think? Do you want to be friends or not?" Jongkook asked her in a rushed way.

       "I'm doing this just because i need to get a good report. Nothing else," Jihyo briefly explained and quickly tried to walk away but was stopped again.

       "Thank you," Jongkook thanked Jihyo with a smile and let go of her hand. Jihyo looked into Jongkook's eyes for a few seconds before walking off.

       What is that guy doing? Why did he have to smile like that?

       Jihyo thought to herself. She decided not to think anything else and went to finish eating.


       It was time for the three of them to meet Mr. Park and proposed to him. 

       "Let's go! All the best so we won't need to do another planning," Jaesuk motivated them.

       "Ugh....Thinking about that makes me shiver," Jongkook said with a disgusted look.

       "Me too. Let's work together," Jihyo said.

       "Let's go," Jaesuk said and the three of them went to Mr. Park's office.


       "I hope that the three of you do a good job on this. Actually, i was quite surprised that such a good proposal came out from this group," Mr. Park accepted their proposal and went to add some unneccesary things.

       "What do you mean? You have the top 2 in this group," Jongkook argued.

      "Well, i thought the three of you were on bad terms. Anyhow, i wish you all the best," Mr. Park said while gesturing them to get out of his office.

      "That teacher is really so annoying! I can't stand his annoying face!" Jihyo complained once they were far from Mr. Park's office.

      "He has been always like this. We have to endure," Jaesuk sighed.

      "Anyway, our proposal is accepted. Should we celebrate?" Jongkook suggested that the three of them go and eat dinner again as a celebration.

      "Hmm....Not quite sure who opposed of eating dinner together as a three at first," Jaesuk teased Jongkook. Jongkook glared at him. Jaesuk saw this and pulled Jihyo and hid behind her. Jongkook tried to get Jaesuk but Jaesuk kept pulling Jihyo along so he could not give Jaesuk a lesson.

      "It's okay. You're getting it the next time," Jongkook gave up and pulled Jihyo, who was pulled by Jaesuk, to eat dinner.


      After dinner, the three of them went back home.

      Jihyo's House

      Jihyo swung open the door slowly and searched for the light switch to switch on the lights. When she the lights, her parents were right infront of her. She jumped and fell to the sofa.

      "AAAA! Ah... What the- You guys gave me a fright. Aren't the both of you supposed to be working?" Jihyo calmed herself down before asking her parents.

      "We got some time off so we decided to discuss with you about the migration. We know we told you that we'll give you some more time and see if your grades are improving or not. We thought that it wasn't going to improve and so we decide-" Jihyo's Dad was cut off by her.

      "What? What did you say? "It won't improve"? Are you kidding me? What kind of parents doesn't believe in their child? You know what? Whatever you do, i'm not moving to another country and study. I'm going to show the both of you that i can study. I have 2 more years to the national exams. I'm going to show the both of you that i can study," Jihyo told her parents firmly and went to her bedroom.

       She slammed the door hard and jumped onto her bed. She started crying quietly.

       The both of them just work and never care about their child. And out of a sudden they want to move to a new country and let me study and finish my education there? What bull is that?

        After a few minutes, Jihyo's mom knocked on her door.

       "Jihyo ah. I won't come in but you really shouldn't have done that. That was very rude of you. Anyway, i'm giving you a chance to finish your studies here in Korea. If your report for this year are much better than your current results, i'll let you study here. But if it gets worse, you'll have to go with my words," Jihyo's mom reminded Jihyo. Jihyo heard her words and became less confident. She just remembered about her recent test results. She have not showed them to her parents. She lied down in bed thinking about what she should do.


       Jaesuk's House

       Jaesuk quietly opened the door and switched on the lights. As he was walking to his bedroom, his dad called him to the kitchen. Jaesuk did not know what was going to happen but he was so nervous.

       "Yes Father?" Jaesuk responded while walking towards the kitchen.

       "What are you doing in school?" Jaesuk's father asked him when Jaesuk is standing infront of him.

       "Pardon?" Jaesuk was not sure what he was supposed to talk about. Jaesuk gulped.

       "I said what ARE YOU DOING IN  SCHOOL?" Jaesuk's father shouted at him in the middle of his question. Jaesuk flinched. Jaesuk's father threw out Jaesuk's report card on the recent test results they did.

      "I told you that you have to get the perfect score to be able to survive in this world. What the heck are you thinking?! What is 98/100? Get yourself together!" Jaesuk's father screamed at him and ended with a slap. Jaesuk could not do or say anything.

      "Why are you not talking? Are you dumb now?" Jaesuk's father continued to beat Jaesuk until he was satisfied.Jaesuk was crying in silent.

      When everything was over, Jaesuk went to his room and his father went back to his office to finish up some work and sleep there as well. Jaesuk could not lie down because he was caned on his back. His body was so sore. Jaesuk could not take it anymore and screamed at the top of his lungs. He punched the wall and cried. 

      Why must my life be so hard? Is getting a 98/100 a crime? Why am i living my life like this? I hate.....my life..... 

      Jaesuk sat down on his bed and spent his night crying his eyes out.


 

       Jongkook's House

       Jongkook switched on the lights and went up to his bedroom. He put down his bag and grabbed new clothes to sleep in after he showers. He was about to go to the toilet when someone knocked on the door. He went to open the door and his drunk father dropped to the floor. Jongkook knew this was going to happen. It happened almost every night. Ever since Jongkook's mom left the family, Jongkook's father has been drinking almost every night to relieve his stress. They are not so rich not so poor. Just right. 

       "Appa...Get up.. Why did you drink again.." Jongkook talked to himself while trying to get his father to stand up.

       "Oh? My son! My intelligent son! Where is my wife? Why isnt she back home yet?" Jongkook's father started to babble some nonsense.

      "Appa....She...left us. Don't you remember? You're really drunk right now. I'll put you in bed," Jongkook told his father. He looked at his father pitifully.

      Jongkook put his father in bed and picked out his father's outfit for work tomorrow. Jongkook will take care of his father until he will sleep peacefully. 

      Omma... Why did you have to leave us? Look what has happened to Appa....He loved you so much....Why did you?

      Jongkook started to cry while thinking to himself. He went back to his room and decided to rest. He lied down on his bed and grabbed his phone. He wanted to talk on the phone to put aside his family problems for now.

      Jongkook texted Jaesuk first, of course. However, Jaesuk was not replying. He was crying his eyes out and he did not want to talk to anyone. 

      He should be asleep right? His father wouldn't have done something to him right? Should i call him? 

      Jongkook decided not to call him and just leave him a message.

      Ya! Why are you not answering my text messages? I hope you're asleep by now. Anyway, whatever happens you know i'm here right? Stay strong my bro. Whatever happens, think about the good memories we share all this while !! 

      Jongkook then let out a sigh and hoped that Jaesuk is fine. He then scrolled through his contacts and found Jihyo's name. He decided to call her.

      "Song Jihyoooo!!" Jongkook said the moment Jihyo answered the call.

      "What do you want at this time?" Jihyo asked.

     "Nothing. I just wanted to talk to someone on the phone," Jongkook respond.

       "So you found me and you wanted to talk to me?" Jihyo asked.

      "Hmmmm....You can think of it like that," Jongkook said.

      "What do you mean?" Jihyo asked.

      "Nothing...Let's play a game," Jongkook proposed a game over the phone.

      "What game?" Jihyo asked.

      "We have to compliment each other until you feel like you can't compliment the other person," Jongkook explained.

      "What kind of game is that? Anyway i think i'll have to lose. I have nothing to compliment about you," Jihyo said.

      "Eyyyyy, don't lie. Am i not handsome?" Jongkook joked. 

     The both of them talked on the phone until one of them becomes sleepy. The both of them thought that being friends with each other was probably not a bad idea.


 

P.S hellooooo!!!! Anyway i feel like this chapter is abit longer? Sorry!! But i had to introduce their families ㅠㅠ anyway, about the ending...heh... I love both yoomong and spartace but the ending..... yall can play around as to who will Jihyo end up with :-) i think that's the fun of this fanfic :D Jihyo might end up with Jaesuk, Jongkook or even reject the both of them!! But i hope that whatever ending, you all will still like it!! :D Thank you for the comments!! I'm reading them and yes i'm using it to improvise my style of fanfic !! ^^ Thank you for subscribing !!!