The past

Who?

     Jongkook was alone for the first class while Jihyo and Jaesuk are together. Jongkook once again went to class alone and sat down at a corner. While waiting for the teacher, he tapped his pen on his notebook while resting his head on his hand. After a few minutes, someone sat beside him, noisily. Shocked, Jongkook turned to look at the person. It was Heewon.

     "Ah, you scared me," Jongkook said and Heewon laughed.

    "Sorry. I purposely wanted to scare you," Heewon continued laughing.

    "Anyway, we're in the same class again?" Jongkook asked and Heewon nodded.

     "That's great. Anyway, do you remember any Jihyo?" Jongkook asked Heewon, remembering that Jihyo said Heewon was the friend she made friends with.

     "Yes, i do. Why?" Heewon stopped to think and then answered.

    "She's one of my friends whom i came to this school with. Maybe sometime you should meet my other friend too. We're really friendly and Jihyo told me that you came to this school alone. So i just wanted to make you comfortable," Jongkook said and Heewon seemed to be happier than before.

     "Ah, really? I would appreciate that so much. Thank you!" Heewon thanked Jongkook and the both of them started to do their own work.


     "Jaesuk ah, do you remember i told you i had a friend named Heewon yesterday?" Jihyo asked Jaesuk as they settle down in their seats.

    "Well yeah," Jaesuk was unsure.

    "Jongkook said he wanted to introduce her to us. Like, let's be in fours now. Us plus Heewon," Jihyo explained.

   "It's great! Jongkook wouldn't feel awkward when the both of us are together," Jaesuk agreed.

   "Anyway, are you having your first lonely class today?" Jihyo laughed at Jaesuk. After their first class, everyone is separated to 3 different classes.

   "Well, i'm friendly so it should be fine, i hope," Jaesuk looked abit worried.

    "You'll be fine," Jihyo smiled and Jaesuk felt reassured.


 

     The next class, Jongkook, Jihyo and Heewon are together while Jaesuk is alone.

     "Oh? Who is this?" Jaesuk asked when Jongkook walked towards them with Heewon.

    "Ah, this is Heewon. Both Jihyo and I know her," Jongkook introduced Heewon, who was awkward as she has not met Jaesuk.

    "Ah...I see. Nice to meet you, Heewon. I'm glad you're willing to be friends with us," Jaesuk said with a friendly tone.

    "Well, i think now the three of us are in the same class and you're alone?" Jongkook asked Jaesuk and Jaesuk nodded.

    "Well, yeah. Wish me luck. Anyway, nice to meet you again, Heewon," Jaesuk said before going off to his next class.

    When Jaesuk reached at his classroom, he scanned the room. As it was his first class where he was alone, he quickly find an empty seat to sit. Behind him, a pair of friends were chatting happily. He took out his notebook and shook his leg. He looked around the room again and everyone had someone to talk to. Feeling lonely, he opened his notebook and started scribbling some things. Suddenly, a girl sat beside him. He stopped scribbling and turned to look at her.

     "Hey there. I'm Sora. Nice to meet you," the girl introduced herself, as if flirting with Jaesuk.

    "I'm Jaesuk. Nice to meet you too," Jaesuk stuttered.

    "Well, i hope we can be friends," Sora started to lean in closer to Jaesuk and Jaesuk backed away.

    "Hey, uh, i don't think you should do this because i have a girlfriend and goodbye," Jaesuk picked up his stuffs and went to another seat. Feeling flustered, Sora brushed her hair and acted like nothing happened. The two friends behind them were watching them and immediately went to Jaesuk after he changed seats.

     "Yo, i can't believe you actually rejected her. I mean, look at her body," one of the guy said watching her from behind.

    "Well, er, the thing is, i have a girlfriend," Jaesuk explained himself.

    "You're one great guy. Anyway, i'm Minho," the guy introduced himself, still watching Sora. His friend just shook his head.

    "Hey man, sorry about my bro here. He's always like this. Anyway, i'm Sunwoo," he introduced and Jaesuk nodded at his words.

     "Yah yah yah. Sunwoo ah, she's standing up and look at her !!!" Minho tapped Sunwoo and Sunwoo did not entertain Minho. Minho stood up and chased after Sora.

    "We were behind you when it happened. So, what's your name?" Sunwoo asked.

    "Jaesuk. Nice to meet you," Jaesuk smiled at Sunwoo.

    "Ah, yes nice to meet you too. Sorry if my friend's a little dirty. He's like that. You're lucky i'm not like him as well," Sunwoo laughed and Jaesuk laughed as well. For the rest of the class, Sunwoo was in between Jaesuk and Minho. Jaesuk felt more assured that Sunwoo was friendly to him.


     "So, how did you find Jaesuk?" Jihyo asked Heewon when the three of them had settled down, Heewon in the middle with Jihyo and Jongkook beside her.

    "He's a good guy i guess?" Heewon said and Jihyo smiled.

    "He's really a good guy, and smart too," Jihyo said.

    "She's his girlfriend," Jongkook told Heewon and Jihyo smiled at Heewon.

    "Ahhhh.....I see.....Now it's getting clearer to me. Alright then, thanks for telling me," Heewon said and the three of them continued to talk until the teacher arrived.


     School finally ended and Jongkook, Jihyo and Jaesuk met up with each other. 

    "Heewon-ssi?" Jongkook called for Heewon before going off to meet Jihyo and Jaesuk.

     "Yes?" Heewon replied.

    "I mean, errrr, can i have your number? I mean, since we're in the same class for most of the time, i think it'll be better to keep in contact," Jongkook asked awkwardly and Heewon chuckled.

    "Sure haha. But, i'd be asking alot of questions about our schoolwork if you start talking to me," Heewon said.

    "Well, what do you think a smart guy like me would be talking with you over the phone?" Jongkook said and the both of them laughed.

    "Are you going back home straight?" Jongkook asked.

    "Yeah, since i don't have anything else after school," Heewon explained.

    "Hey, do you want get some food with the rest?" Jongkook invited her to eat with Jihyo and Jaesuk.

   "The rest?" Heewon asked.

   "Jaesuk and Jihyo. Who else?" Jongkook rolled his eyes, jokingly.

    "It's the second day, what do you expect?" Heewon rolled her eyes back. The both of them finish packing and Heewon followed Jongkook to meet Jaesuk and Jihyo.

    "Oh? We have an extra friend today! Let's go then," Jihyo said excitedly while pulling Heewon to walk together. Jongkook and Jaesuk walked together.

    


     The four of them went to a restaurant and got themselves each a bowl of noodles.

    "Heewon-ssi, is it nice being friends with us so far?" Jongkook asked.

   "Yes. It is. I think you can drop the honorifics. It's friendlier that way," Heewon said. 

    "Ah, yes. Heewon ah~~~~~" Jongkook called Heewon's name casually and they all laughed.

   "Yes Jongkook ah~~~~" Heewon did it back and they continued laughing.

   "Well, i hope that you sincerely like us and of course there would be small misunderstandings here and there but we'd try to resolve it so that it wouldn't get big," Jihyo said and Heewon nodded.

   "All of you are my first friends in my college life and i really appreciate it. Thank you for willing to be my friend," Heewon said and they all continued eating.


     "Heewon ah, do you want me to send you home? If you don't want me to send you straight home, i can just send you to your house bustop," Jongkook offered.

    "It's okay. I can go home by myself," Heewon said.

    "I shouldn't have asked because i'd send you home anyway. Bye Jaesuk, bye Jihyo! Arrive home safely!" Jongkook pulled Heewon with him and waved goodbye to Jihyo and Jaesuk.

    "Jongkook ah, you too! Thanks for being with us today Heewon! It was a nice talk," Jaesuk said and waved back at Jongkook. Holding hands tightly with Jihyo, the both of them walked to the bustop to send Jihyo home.

    "You really don't need to do this though," Heewon said.

   "Well, it's okay. I shouldn't let a girl go home alone and also i'm bored. I want to talk to someone," Jongkook said. 

    "Okay then. This is new," Heewon muttered to herself and Jongkook heard it.

    "New? What do you mean new?" Jongkook asked.

   "I mean, no one did this for me before. I've always went back home alone and did everything alone on my own back in my school," Heewon started to tell Jongkook her past.

    "Oh, i didn't know. Sorry, Heewon ah," Jongkook apologized.

   "It's okay. I don't want to remember it anyway," Heewon said and Jongkook awkwardly tapped her back to comfort her. Heewon turned to Jongkook and laughed.

    "What a nice way to comfort me. That was cute, tapping my back," Heewon laughed and Jongkook stopped walking and looked at Heewon. After a few seconds, he caught up with Heewon again.

    "Sorry? It's just the second day and i'm still awkward. Well, other than that, i'm glad you told me your problems. I promise i'll be there when you need someone. I'll be that friend. Let's be that kind of friends. I know it may be too early but i really appreciate your presence around me, and i like it. Thanks for being my friend," Jongkook said and Heewon smiled.

    "Yeah, let's be like that and thank you too," Heewon said and the both of them made a pinky promise. Then, the both of them went chatted their way to Heewon's house.


P.S Thank you for reading and subscribing!!