Reflection

Who?

       "Are you sure you don't want me to send you home?" Jaesuk asked when Jihyo kept insisting that he does not need to send her home.

       "Yes. I'll be fine. I'll call you when i get home," Jihyo said and Jaesuk nodded.

      "Remember you have to talk to your dad tonight," Jongkook reminded Jaesuk.

      "Of course. I'll call you and tell you how it went," Jaesuk said and went off. Jihyo and Jongkook then quickly took a longer way to Jaesuk's house. They hid in a bush as they watch Jaesuk enter his house. The both of them hope that Jaesuk will be okay.

       As Jaesu enter the house, he saw his father reading his documents at the dining table. Jaesuk greeted his father and as expected, his father called him.

      "I heard you went to take your finals results today," Jaesuk's father said. Jaesuk gulped.

      "Yes. I took them," Jaesuk explained. His father immediately pulled out his hand for the results. Jaesuk put down his bag and took out the results. He timidly  gave the result to his father. His father read the results very carefully.

      "You, why didn't you get a perfect 100? It's just 2 marks and you can't even do it?" Jaesuk's father asked, raising his voice. Jaesuk started to get nervous.

      "You didn't even get a perfect score. So what if it's an A?" Jaesuk's father screamed at him, loud enough for Jongkook and Jihyo to hear. They started to panic. But as Jaesuk's father pulled his hand back to slap Jaesuk, Jaesuk grabbed his father's wrist. 

       "What are you doing?" Jaesuk's father questioned him with an angry face. Jaesuk threw his father's hand and ed his shirt. He showed his father his back.

      "Do you even love me as your son? Continue beating me. Beat me to death. That's what i thought last time. I didn't want to live anymore. Because of you! Because of you, father. But now, as i meet new people, i started to realise, i have more reasons to live than to die. To live while getting beaten by you, i might as well just die. Thus, i'll never let you beat me again," Jaesuk said firmly while looking straight into his father's eyes. His father went speechless as Jaesuk went to his room. His eyes red from the anger he finally released. He calmed down for abit and decided to call Jongkook, as promised.

       Jongkook's phone rang and Jihyo got scared. Jongkook laughed and then picked up the phone.

      "Jaesuk ah! How was it?" Jongkook asked.

      "I did it. I can't believe i did it. I did it!!!!!!!! But it's going to be awkward facing my dad now," Jaesuk said excitedly. Jongkook face Jihyo and gave her a smile, indicating that Jaesuk was okay. 

      "You'll be okay. We'll meet again soon!!! Take care! Call me if there's anything you need," Jongkook said and stood up, walking home with Jihyo.

      "Alright. Thanks," Jaesuk said and the both of them hang up. Jaesuk then decided to call Jihyo. Jihyo's phone rang and she smiled at Jongkook. Jongkook let Jihyo walk infront to give her privacy for talking to her "boyfriend". 

       "Jaesuk ah," Jihyo said.

      "Jihyo ah, guess what?" Jaesuk asked her excitedly.

     "What?" Jihyo asked although she knew what Jaesuk was going to say.

       "I did it. I talked to my dad and he was speechless," Jaesuk said and laughed.

       "Good job. I'm proud of you. I'll give you a big hug when we meet again," Jihyo said and looked behind to see if Jongkook heard it. Jongkook was just walking behind Jihyo, whistling. Jihyo looked infront again.

       "Thanks. You're the sweetest. I love you. See you soon," Jaesuk ended the call and Jihyo blushed. Jongkook then went beside her to walk with her. He saw her blush.

      "Oh? You're blushing!" Jongkook teased.

      "Yah shutup!" Jihyo shut Jongkook up.

      "It's not like i don't know the both of you are together. What are you so shy about? Just let it spill out. It'd be more romantic," Jongkook said and Jihyo just looked at him.

       "Whatever," Jihyo said and walked off. 

       "Wait!!" Jongkook chased after her.


        It's 3am and Jaesuk is asleep. Jaesuk's father had thought about Jaesuk's words and reflected upon himself. He went into Jaesuk's room and sat on the study desk's chair. He looked at Jaesuk sleeping. He felt bad and he started crying.

        "I'm sorry, son. I tried to raise a perfect son but i raised a broken child instead. I am sorry for what i have done to you all these while. It must've been so painful all these while. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Jaesuk's father cried as he talks to the sleeping Jaesuk. Jaesuk was not actually sleeping. He was about to sleep when his father came in. He listened to his father's words and started crying silently. Jaesuk's father Jaesuk's head and left the room. Jaesuk turned and look at the door after his father left. He wiped off his tears but he could not stop crying. He listened to his father's words and could not help but cry. He eventually cried to sleep.


         "I'm here," Jaesuk said when Jihyo picked up the call. Jihyo quickly went out and gave Jaesuk a big hug, as promised.

        "You really keep your promises," Jaesuk said as the both of them hugged. The both of them started walking to a cafe.

        "You did good yesterday. Pretty sure it was difficult," Jihyo said and held Jaesuk's hands tighter.

       "Of course. And you guys still want me to do it? I still did it anyway," Jaesuk said.

      "Ah, another great news. I think my father have reflected and he would not beat me again. Last night, he thought i was sleeping and started crying to me," Jaesuk told what happened to Jihyo.

      "So that's why your eyes are red. You cried too right?" Jihyo caught Jaesuk.

      "It's....Okay...for guys to cry right?" Jaesuk asked, scratching his head.

       "Of course," Jihyo said and Jaesuk pulled Jihyo closer to him. They walked happily to the cafe.


P.S sorry for the late update ;; i also do realise its a shorter chapter im sooo sorry to those who prefer longer chapters. As you all know, the new year has just started and thus, i have alot to do. I hope you guys will be patient enough ㅠㅠㅠ im soooo sorry once again and i'll try to update as often as i can. Thank you for reading again!!!