Friendzoned

Who?

         After so long, the three people gathered together again. Jaesuk, Jihyo and Jongkook decided to study together. After that, the three of them went to eat. 

         "Jihyo ah, do you want some of mine?" Jongkook asked Jihyo if she wanted a taste of his soup. Jihyo glanced at Jongkook's food and tasted the soup. 

         "Oooohh, it tastes good. I should order this from now on," Jihyo said. At this time, Jaesuk was only watching the both of them, feeling jealous. He ate his food quietly.

        "Yah, what about me? Don't i get a taste too?" Jaesuk asked Jongkook and Jongkook laughed.

        "Fine, here. Taste it," Jongkook pushed the bowl to Jaesuk and Jaesuk tasted it. The three of them then went back home after filling their stomach.


         Jaesuk threw his bag to one side and immediately took out his phone. He called Jihyo and Jihyo picked it up.

        "Yah, are you crazy?" Jaesuk said the moment Jihyo picked his call up.

        "What?" Jihyo asked, blankly.

       "Back there at the restaurant. You and Jongkook look like girlfriend and boyfriend," Jaesuk sounded out his jealousy and Jihyo laughed.

        "You're laughing?" Jaesuk asked, with an angry voice.

       "What is that? Are you being jealous right now?" Jihyo laughed.

       "What? No! I'm just saying," Jaesuk finally toned down his voice and calmed down. 

       "Anyway, why would you say that? What relationship are we in for you to say that?" Jihyo said, still laughing.

       "I told you, i was just saying," Jaesuk panicked.

      "Well, what if me and Jongkook are really in a relationship more than friends?" Jihyo teased Jaesuk.

        "Yah! Don't......" Jaesuk sulked.

       "I was just kidding. Don't worry and go rest," Jihyo hung up and Jaesuk slapped himself.

       "Yoo Jae suk. You're an idiot," Jaesuk told himself. Then, Jaesuk's father's voice can be heard. Jaesuk quickly run down to greet his father.

        "You're back, father," Jaesuk greeted.

        "I just got a call from the school saying you're starting to lose your focus in class," Jaesuk's father said and Jaesuk started to shake in fear. Jaesuk's father slowly pulled Jaesuk collar.

        "Do you really want to die?" Jaesuk's father asked and then slapped him.

        "Sorry, father. I will pay more attention in class. I sincerely apologize," Jaesuk apologized.

        "How many times are you going to apologize if you're going to be the same? This is why you don't get perfect scores!" Jaesuk's father started to kick and slap Jaesuk. Jaesuk was begging his father to stop.

        "Sorry, father! I won't do it again! I'll get perfect scores next time," Jaesuk apologized and his father stopped. Jaesuk's father pulled him up.

        "Wake up. You have to beat Jongkook this time," Jaesuk's father told him and threw him to the floor before going up to his bedroom. Jaesuk just sat down there, crying. He slowly made his way up to his bedroom.

         "What would i get when i get a perfect score?" Jaesuk talked to himself and continued to cry. Suddenly, his phone rang. Wanting someone to talk to, he quickly searched for his phone. Jihyo was calling. He cleared his throat and quickly picked it up.

         "Oh, Jihyo ah. What is it?" Jaesuk asked.

         "I'm at the park. Come if you want food," Jihyo said.

        "Yah, how can you go there alone? Wait for me, i'll come quickly," Jaesuk said before hanging up. He quickly changed clothes and went out to find Jihyo.


         "Can i have some of that?" Jaesuk asked from behind and Jihyo got shocked.

         "Can you not scare me like that?" Jihyo scolded.

        "Okay okay. I'm sorry," Jaesuk said and sat down. As he sat down, he groaned due to the kicks that he received from his father. 

        "Are you already old? Can you sit down quietly?" Jihyo said.

        "Have this. I made two sandwiches. Well, one for you, one for me," Jihyo turned to Jaesuk to give him a sandwich and saw that his cheeks are red.

        "Yah, Jaesuk ah. What happened to your cheek?" Jihyo asked and carefully touched his cheek. 

       "Jihyo ah, what is the big deal about getting perfect scores? Isn't a 98/100 good enough? Is a 98/100 worth a slap? No, worth alot of slaps?" Jaesuk asked and started to cry. He looked down and started crying. Jihyo kept quiet and let Jaesuk cry.

        "Jaesuk ah, it's okay. You can cry. Cry as much as you want. When you can't do anything, crying will help you at the very least," Jihyo comforted Jaesuk and Jaesuk started to cry more. Jihyo just kept on rubbing Jaesuk's back and Jaesuk just cried. After a few minutes, Jaesuk stopped crying and looked up at Jihyo.

        "Jihyo ah, thank you. For letting me cry," Jaesuk said.

       "It's okay. It must've been hard on you. I can never imagine how is it like back there. If you're having a hard time, remember you have me and Jongkook. Jongkook's your childhood friend. He knows about this, i'm sure he has thought of various ways to help you," Jihyo said. Jihyo hesitated for awhile to hug Jaesuk. She looked at Jaesuk's teary eyes and she could not bear looking at the weak Jaesuk. She gave Jaesuk a tight hug and did not let go for quite awhile. Jaesuk hugged her back and started to cry again.

         "Thank you, Jihyo ah," Jaesuk kept thanking Jihyo.

         After that talk, Jaesuk finally started eating his sandwich. They talked into the night and Jaesuk sent Jihyo home. 


         On a Sunday, Jongkook gathered his courage to ask Jihyo out. He called Jihyo.

        "Oh, Jongkook ah. What's wrong?" Jihyo asked.

       "Let's go out today. I need some fresh air," Jongkook asked Jihyo out.

       "Where?" Jihyo asked.

       "I'll fetch you in 2 hours," Jongkook said and the both of them hang up.

        After two hours, Jongkook arrived outside Jihyo's house as planned.

        "Where are we going?" Jihyo asked once they started walking.

       "Ride a bike, eat ice-cream, feel the breeze," Jongkook said.

       "Sounds cool! Let's go!" Jihyo sounded excited and Jongkook felt relieved.


        They arrived at a park and rent for two bicycles. The both of them cycled through the park. They stopped to get ice-cream.

        "The weather's good today," Jihyo said while eating her ice-cream.

        "Yeah. Jihyo ah," Jongkook said.

        "Yes?" Jihyo responded.

        "You're the first female friend to do this with me. I know i'm a nerd," Jongkook told Jihyo.

        "You're such a nerd," Jihyo teased and laughed.

        "I know i know," Jongkook said.

        "Do you want to make a promise?" Jihyo asked.

        "What promise?" Jongkook asked.

       "Since we're already doing this, let's be best friends forever. You know, whatever happens, we'll still be friends. Do all these things and just enjoy life. Call each other names and do what other bestfriends do," Jihyo explained and Jongkook got choked up. 

        "Is she treating me like a friend? Nothing more? What am i even thinking of?" Jongkook thought to himself. Jihyo snapped her fingers infront of his face and Jongkook came back to his senses.

       "Oh oh. Yes. Of course! Let's do that. Whatever happens, we will never leave each others' sides. No matter what happens!" Jongkook quickly agreed to Jihyo and the both of them made a pinky promise.

       "Ah, right. Let's do this too. You'll write down what i'm going to be working as in the next 10 years and i'll write down yours. In 10 years, we'll disclose it to each other," Jihyo suggested another idea and Jongkook nodded his head. Jihyo took out a piece of paper and tore into half. She gave the other half to Jongkook and the both of them started writing down.

       Jihyo wrote that Jongkook would be a doctor with an amazing academic report. Jongkook wrote that Jihyo would be a pretty accountant with a good husband. Then, the both of them kept the piece of paper in their wallet. 

        "Don't forget to put this in a precious and safe place so it doesn't get torn when 10 years come," Jihyo said and Jongkook smiled.

       "Of course. I'll make sure you see this," Jongkook said. The both of them then cycled again.


        When Jongkook reached home, he could not stop thinking about what Jihyo said. 

       "Should i give up on her? She doesn't show a bit of interest in me. Let's become best friends rather than awkward friends," Jongkook told himself but he still could not stop liking Jihyo.


   P.S thank you for reading and subscribing !!! :D