Monster - Part 14

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun blinks her eyes as the she steps out of the building. Sunlight had become a treat for her. She usually went up to the helipad to see the sunlight but since the attack Yonghwa had been very strict about her going out. She knew what happened had shaken him – he was barely able to tolerate her not being within his sight.  His stress level was at an all-time high and she had her own stress.

She hoped that having the day to herself will relieve her of stressing about her period. But her chest felt heavy – she didn’t like leaving him. She knew his temper would act up again. She didn’t want to think about how many things he may have destroyed or how sullen he would be to everyone if she thought about these things she wouldn’t be able to leave.

“Some wife you are!” She mumbles to herself. She told herself to move forward and not look back – at least not until the end of the day.

Getting on the bus made her blink back tears. She always associated bus rides with Yonghwa.

“Are you alright?” The bus driver looks at Joohyun’s pale face. He didn’t want to have the problem of calling an ambulance for this pale young woman.

“I’m fine.” Seo replies. She holds herself steady as she walks to the end of the bus. Looking out into the passing buildings and streets Joohyun sighs.  The sun was shining and people were busy going about their lives. She missed this part of the world – the part where she can sit back and just be an observer.

She gets off at the bus stop nearest her professor’s house.

“Oh- Joohyunah! How are you dearest girl?” The professor’s wife greets Joohyun. “I thought you’d completely forgotten about the Professor. Have you been well? Come and have some tea.”

“Joohyun!” The professor comes out of his study and smiles warmly at Joohyun. Like his wife, the professor inquired about Joohyun’s health.

After assuring them that she was well, Joohyun shyly informs them that she and Yonghwa had a marriage registration. The elderly couple were surprised.

“What? Is he the young man who was with you in the recital?” The professor asks.

“Deh, Seongsangnim.” Joohyun nods. Her face felt warm and she resisted holding her hands to her cheeks.

“That was fast.” The professor’s wife smiles. Joohyun was her husband’s favorite student. She herself liked the young woman. Shy and unassuming – her heart felt glad that someone married the lovely orphaned young woman. “He’s supposed to love you more – arasso?”

“Anae!” The professor looks at his wife. “What a statement!”

“That’s the way it’s supposed to be. The man must love the woman more – that’s the way a marriage works. Listen to me Joohyunah – I’ve been married for 40 years.”

“Ah you are foolish! Just get us tea!” The professor shoos his wife away. “I suppose you will abandon the dream of going to Julliard?”

“Deh, Seongsangnim.” Joohyun replies. closes – it had been a hard decision for her.

“See – he has to love you more because you’re giving up your dream for him!”  The professor’s wife calls out from the kitchen.

“It was my choice Seongsangnim.” Joohyun adds. She would have to train on being a vampire first before she could even think of going to Julliard. Part of her mind wondered if she could take night courses there in the future.

“Well you know what my dream was for you Joohyunah.” The kindly old man smiles at his favorite pupil.  His own son had gone to become a government prosecutor instead of a concert pianist so he knew that while he had dreams for his pupils, they also had dreams of their own. “But good for you. I will be happy as long as you keep on playing.”

“Of course Seongsangnim.”  Joohyun nods. Her music kept her sane and safe from the specters that surrounded her since childhood.

Joohyun had a lovely time with her professor and his wife. The couple requested her to play the piano for them and Joohyun obliged – playing 2 heartfelt pieces - “A River Flows in You” and “Hope Springs” much to her professor’s delight.

“I will keep in touch.” Joohyun bows to the elderly couple. She had told them that Yonghwa’s business would take them to Japan for the better part of 2 years. Hopefully by that time Joohyun thought to herself she would be able to tolerate being around humans.

Stepping out once again into the sunlight, Joohyun felt the goose bumps in her arms. The next time she would come it would be night time and she would be a different person. She fervently hoped that she wouldn’t change so much.

Her next stop was the soup restaurant – like her professor the restaurant owner and his wife greet Joohyun warmly. She had been one of their best workers.

“Oh, I see a ring on your finger Hyunah.” The proprietor’s wife holds Joohyun’s hand. “Are you engaged?”

“Married, Samonim.” Joohyun replies.

“What!!!! You sly girl!” All the waitresses exclaim. They all gather around Joohyun.

“You didn’t marry the doctor did you Unnie?” One of the girls asked. “I’ll hate you forever!”

“Shin-nee is really just my friend. I married – “

“The quiet, intense one.” The proprietor answers for Joohyun. “Get back to work – nosy girls! At least Joohyun has sense enough on who to marry. That doctor has playboy written all over his face.”

“Yah I like Dr. Lee!” His wife swats his arm. “Where will you get a free consultation nowadays?  He even gave prescriptions – for your backache and my varicose veins. Ungrateful man!”

Her husband coughs and moves away. “I like the other one better. You know he is only interested in Joohyun. He never even glanced at any of the other girls here.”

“Which is why we don’t like him for Hyunnie – he’s not friendly.” One of the waitresses replies as she brings back a tray of used bowls.

“He’s just a quiet and intelligent young man. She can be bubbly and chatty for the both of them.”  Their boss answers. “Now, Hyunah I think your husband is responsible and is able to support you so are going to continue studying?”

“Ah not for a while Manager – his business takes him to Japan often and I will most likely go with him.” Joohyun answers.

“Yah – visit us again – just because you’ve become a married woman you shouldn’t forget your friends.”

“Of course I will visit.” Joohyun murmurs.

Her ex-boss and his wife persuade Joohyun to have an early lunch with them.  She takes the 2 bags that she regularly orders from them.

“So you’ll be telling the sisters in the orphanage about your marriage?” Her ex-boss looks at joohyun.

“Deh Manager.” Joohyun nods.

“Alright – keep in touch and bring that husband of yours to see us also. Be a good wife arasso? Listen to your husband and don’t be like my wife.”

He grimaces in pain as his wife swats his arm once more.  The waitresses and the customers laugh – they were used to the proprietor teasing his wife. They were a loving couple and very honest people. Joohyun might have had difficulties in working there but now all she could remember were the goodness that these people showed to her.

Joohyun was still smiling when she boards the bus - the bags were heavy but she managed. She sits at front near the driver. She sighs and looks out the window.  Since she left the building the number of specters who followed her had steadily increased. Although they kept a distance because the Void was behind her Joohyun used her peripheral vision to just take a peek.

“I can’t help you.” Joohyun mutters.  She’d learned her lesson the hard way – if you help one the others would not stop asking for help also. Although she pitied them and sincerely wanted to help it would take too much time away from her one day off.

The sisters were surprised when they opened the door for Joohyun.  The bags were taken to the kitchen and she was hurriedly ushered to the Mother Superior’s office. The nuns gathered around Joohyun and inquired about her health and her rushed marriage.

“Are you pregnant Seo Joohyun?” The Mother Superior looks at the young woman. They had all been shocked when Joohyun phoned several weeks ago and said she was getting married.

“Ah- aniyo- aniyo Mother Superior.” Joohyun shakes her head. “I am not. Believe me.”

The nuns look at her. Joohyun hoped that her face was sincere enough to convince them.

“Alright then – we will take your word for it.  There’s nothing wrong about being pregnant Joohyunah but of course one must get pregnant after marriage and not before.”

“Mother – about the gift.” One of the novices raises her hand.

“Ah Joohyunah – your husband sent the orphanage gifts in your name.”

“He did?”

“Yes, what a thoughtful man he is.  He not only gave a check but also sent workers to help us make repairs in the building and the outhouses. He also gave us a new truck. Just how rich is this man you married?”

Joohyun blushes and tucks her hair behind her ears.

“Ah you’ve embarrassed her.” One the older nuns tugs at Joohyun’s hair. “Remember when she was little she would tuck her hair behind her ears and blush like a strawberry?”

“He’s good at business Mother Superior.” Joohyun stammers.

“Tell him we are very grateful for the check, the workers and the truck.  He must have 6th sense because he knew just what we needed.” Mother Superior gently taps Joohyun’s check. “Well he is a lucky man because you are a very good girl Seo Joohyun. We are sure that he will treasure you and for that we will be forever grateful.”

Joohyun once again blushes and blinks back tears. Yonghwa didn’t even tell her about this. His unexpected thoughtfulness made her want to go home right at that moment so that she could just embrace him and thank him for thinking about these kind women who raised her.

“Ah he must be thoughtful and romantic – you’re just floored by his gesture are you not?” One of nuns laughs. “Yes he’s quite a catch. Grab hold of him Joohyunah – men like that are hard to come by.”

Joohyun nods and sniffs away her tears. Then they take her to see the children. Once again she plays the piano for them – nursery rhymes and playful tunes which had the little ones dancing. Joohyun smiles and laughs along with them – the little ones lifted her spirit.

Before she leaves each nun embraces her – all of them telling her to be a good wife and to listen to her husband. Joohyun promises to visit them each and every time she and Yonghwa would be in Korea.

When she reaches the bus stop Joohyun sits down to wait for the next bus. It was 2 pm and she decides to open her phone. She had voice mail and texts from Yoona, Jungshin, Minhyuk and Ommonim but none from Yonghwa.

“Well I did say I wanted time alone.” She murmurs to herself. She was glad that he honored her request – he was just old fashioned that way. Her heart ached as she remembers the look in his eyes as the elevator door closed that morning.  “I will make it up to you Jung Yonghwa. I promise.”

Until I die and am reborn again I will make it up to you. For a thousand years.

Joohyun found herself getting on the bus that would take her to her old school.  Walking on the old grounds she looks around and sees all the students walking, running, talking and laughing. She stops and observes them. She wasn’t like them. She never walked or ran or talked or laughed with any one in school. She was always alone and preferred it that way. Like in the orphanage, the other students left her alone. Not that she was stand offish – she wasn’t - it was just that she was always careful about people.

Once in her first year at university, one of the specters just walked into one of her fellow students and started asking Joohyun to talk to her ex-boyfriend. Joohyun had been terrified then and ran away as fast as she could. Then she went to library and read up on possession by spirits – from then on she was evasive in forming close friendships.  Always afraid that the person that the spirit possessed would be harmed.

“Oh, this is new.” Joohyun sees a bookstore café near the university. She smiles and inhales the scent of coffee and books. Her favorite combination – not that she drank coffee – she preferred tea but still the scent inside the store comforted her. She took her time looking at all the books for sale – the proprietor came up to her and told Joohyun that she could pick out a book, order coffee or tea and read it first before deciding to buy. Joohyun thought it was a splendid idea.

She ordered a big mug of green tea then sat down with 3 books that she was thinking of buying.  “Kafka on the Shore”, “The Guest: A Novel”, “The Book of Korean Poetry: Songs of Shilla and Koryo” – all in English.

“You like to read?” A musical voice asks.

Joohyun looks up and smiles. “Yes I do.” She sees a specter of a young woman.  Clad in a traditional hanbok she had a bright red mark around her neck.

“No need to be afraid. I won’t ask you for anything.” The young woman smiles sadly. “I’ve been here too long and you are the first person to answer. Continue reading.” She nods at Joohyun and disappears.

Joohyun takes a deep breath and shakes her head. She gets up and goes to the cashier to pay for the books.

“Oh – you’ll read them in English?” The young woman in the till smiles at Joohyun.

“My husband will – I’ll brush up on my English as well.” Joohyun replies.

“Oh, that’s such a couple thing. So romantic.” The young woman gushes. “I must keep that in mind.”

Joohyun tucks her hair behind her ear. As far as she knew Yonghwa spoke Japanese, English, German, Mandarin and French very fluently. Hopefully she would be able to learn as well – Jungshin told her that their long lifetimes enabled them to learn many things and Nauri was by far the most studious vampire of their family with Yoona coming up second.

“Oh what beautiful stationery.” Joohyun exclaims.

“Yes they are, my little hobby. I make and cut the paper myself – they’re not all the same. I press flowers into them or leaves.” The young woman blushes. “They’re pretty popular – most high schoolers buy them.”

Joohyun looks at the stationery – one particular stack had pink petals all over them. “This one is beautiful.”

“I pressed cherry blossom petals on them. They’re very lovely aren’t they? They also have envelopes but like I said they are all different. But I like them that way.” The young woman smiles.

“Yes, they are beautiful because they are different.” Joohyun nods. “I’ll buy all of those with the blossoms. Paper and envelopes. Oh and a pen too if you sell them.” Joohyun brings out her wallet again.

“Thank you so much.” The young woman gives her a small bow. “Here take my store card. In case you want more.”

“Yes of course.” Joohyun reads the card. “Kim Sae Ron.”

 “Kamsahamnida.” The young woman bows again to Joohyun. “Please – if you’re writing a letter, you can use any of the tables.”

“Kamsahamnida I will do that.” Joohyun takes the bag of books and papers and takes a table nearest the window.

She takes a deep breath as she takes 1 sheet. She looks out the window the specters were gathering – in the cold afternoon they stood there looking at her and her peripheral vision shows the Void just in front of the store’s door.

“They’re waiting for you aren’t they?” The specter of the young woman wearing a hanbok looks out the window.

“Yes they are.” Joohyun sighs.

“Not to worry – I will stand here and you can write in peace.” The specter looks at Joohyun.

“Kamsahamnida.” Joohyun murmurs.

“Yeon Hee.” The specter said.

“Kamsahamnida Yeon Hee.” Joohyun inclines her head.

Specters were territorial and would guard the places that they died in with fierce determination. Judging from the hanbok she wore Yeon Hee had been in this land for a long time.

“I was hung on the huge tree that used to be in the middle of this land. I was a disgrace to my family – I didn’t want to marry the man they picked out for me and loved another man who was lower in social standing.” The soft musical voice tells Joohyun. “Someday I hope his spirit would come for me and I will rest in peace.”

It was at the tip of Joohyun’s tongue to ask the specter how sure she was.

“I’m sure he will.” The specter looks at Joohyun. “I believe that. Now go and write your letter. I’m sure your lover will appreciate it.”

Joohyun looks at her watch – it was nearing 3 and looking out in the day – she saw the students walking past – school was over. Soon it would be time for her to go home.

Home.

To Yonghwa.

Like she promised him.

Joohyun begins to write a letter to Yonghwa. How she felt the first time she met him. How her love for him grew. How much she wanted to be with him – regardless of the reason.

She was wiping her tears when a cup of hot green tea was put in front of her.

“Here – you could use a cup. It’s on the house.”

“Kamsahamnida.” Joohyun looks up and smiles. “I’m sorry for taking so long.”

“No worries – it’s a slow day.” Kim Sae Ron smiles at the pale young woman seated at the far corner of her bookstore.

From the moment the young woman walked in Sae Ron was intrigued. The beautiful pale face had a sad pensive look and she’d caught the little smile on the young woman’s face as she picked out books. For her husband she had said and Sae Ron saw the young woman’s eyes change from sadness to longing. She must love the man so much. A face as lovely as hers deserved love. Well, Sae Ron was a romantic at heart and wished them well.

Joohyun sighs as she picks up the pen and resumes writing. She wrote about her longing and her ardent desire to be one with him. To belong to him. No matter what the reason was. Her heart ached and her hand trembles as she writes 6 pages of loving words to the being so precious in her heart.

Her wish was for him to understand her.

Her wish was for him to love her.

Her wish was for them to be together.

Regardless of reason.

Regardless of cost.

To her life.

To her soul.

She would be willing undertake the conversion because she loves him.

For himself.

And she fervently hoped that he would take her.

For herself.

For the love they have for each other.

Beyond a thousand years.

Her handkerchief was wet with tears as Joohyun carefully folded the pages and places them inside the envelope.  She felt relief now that she wrote out all her feelings and settled her fears.

She was ready to go home.

“Kamsamhamnida for letting me stay Kim Sae Ron-ssi.” Joohyun smiles at the young proprietor.

“Anytime.” Sae Ron smiles.

“Seo Joohyun imnida.” Joohyun bows.

“Anytime. Seo Joohyun-ssi.” Sae Ron bows as well. “See you soon.”

Joohyun looks up the sky – late afternoon. Soon it would be dusk – the special time of the day that always reminded her of Yonghwa. The first time they met. Pulling her coat closer to her she walks without looking at the specters that follow her.  Then she turns and looks back at the bookstore. A specter of a young woman stood by the window and raises a hand in farewell.

Joohyun bows. “May you find peace Yeon Hee.” She whispers.

Joohyun walks up the man who was standing by the curb and looking at his mobile phone. “Ahjussi – have you been waiting long?”

“Ah – me?” The man stammers.

“Yes you - Ahjussi and the other ahjussi in the 2 vans. You have been following me around all day. Did you even eat lunch?” Joohyun asks. “Your name please.”

“Ah- we – we did eat lunch Agassi.” The man bows. “Kamsahamnida for asking.  Ha Jung-woo imnida.”

“I’m ready to go home.” She tells him. “Which van should I ride in?”

“Ah – this one Agassi.” The man opens the door to the Lincoln SUV.

The two SUVs had most people turn to stare at them. Heavily tinted and shiny, Joohyun had seen and noted them the entire day. Trust Yonghwa to have people follow her. But she didn’t resent it – not one bit – it was his way of caring for her.  She understood that it gave him peace of mind.

“Did you report to Nauri all the places that I’ve gone to today?” Joohyun asks the man.

“Ah – aniyo Agassi. Nauri’s instructions were just to stay as close to you as possible without being noticed. Which we failed to do of course since Agassi was aware of us from the start.” The man scratches his head. “We hope you will not –“

“Don’t worry he will not scold you.” Joohyun reassures the man. “Please send a message that I am on my way home.”

“Deh Agassi, I will tell Director Lee.” The man calls Jonghyun telling him that the Agassi was on her way home. No one ever communicated directly with Nauri – their employer was a solitary figure and gave orders only thru Director Kang or Director Lee. 

Joohyun was looking out of the heavily tinted window when the SUV starts to lose control.

“You again.” Joohyun murmurs. Her peripheral vision shows the Void right behind the van. “Of course you’ll try to stop me.”

“Keep driving.” She tells the driver. “Please Ahjussi do not stop for anything.” Then turning to the man next to her. “Ha Jung-woo Ahjussi – tell the next van to try to come as close to us as possible.”

“Ah-deh Agassi.” The guard calls the other SVU before tapping the guard next to the driver. “Can you turn the heater on Guard Park? Why is it so cold here? The Agassi might get sick.”

Joohyun shudders and folds her arms across her chest. The Void was being it’s vicious self again. The sun was setting and not having Yonghwa to ward off its advances the Void was doing its best to delay her return home.

“You stayed out to long Seo Joohyun.”  She murmurs to herself. “And you’re putting these people in danger.”

She uses her peripheral vision to look at the Void.  It was the size of plate but the gathering dusk would make it increase in size.

“Ahjussi – whatever happens do not be afraid.” Joohyun looks at Ha Jung-woo. “Please tell the others that.” The Void fed on the fears of people Joohyun learned this from Yonghwa.

We just have to reach home.

“Deh Agassi.” The older man nods. He and the driver exchange nods. They would get the Agassi home to Nauri.

Their families had worked for Nauri for 4 generations. Their loyalty was unquestioned. Nauri had provided for their families for as long as they could remember.  They had been tasked to look after the Agassi and they would do that.

Or die trying.

The SVU lurched seemingly out of control. The cars honked and swerved to get away from the 2 big vehicles.

“Keep on it Guard Park. Steady.” Ha Jung-woo looks at the driver.

“Deh, Sunbae.” The driver kept his eyes on the road.

Ha Jung-woo fervently hoped that no police cars would tail them or ask them to stop. He just got a text from Director Lee that Nauri’s visitors would be arriving soon to talk to the Agassi. Nauri did not like to be kept waiting.

“Damn this traffic!” Ha Jung-woo as they approach the busy streets leading to the Cheongdamdong district. “Excuse me Agassi.”

“That’s alright. We’ll get there.” Joohyun looks at her mobile. It was 30 minutes before sunset.

Just then the SVU lurches to a full stop and the driver could not make the engine turn.

“You evil thing!” Joohyun mutters.

“Agassi – come.”

Joohyun’s arm was held tightly as the burly man almost lifts her as they got hurriedly out of the stalled vehicle.

“Mianeyo Agassi.” The guard tells Joohyun as he almost throws her inside the next SUV. “Floor it!” He screams at the driver. The 2nd SUV barely makes it thru the yellow light.  Joohyun looks up and sees the lights of the Yonghwa’s building.

Almost home.

“Drive safely you imbecile!” Ha Jung-woo shouts at the driver.

“I’m driving as safely as I can Abeoji! “ The young man at wheel scowls. “I mean Head Guard Ha.”

The SVU swerves and barely misses hitting other cars. Joohyun felt her face turn red as the men start to curse.

“What is wrong with this car?!” The driver lets out another string of curses. But the young man was persistent and sweat ran down his face was he tries to gain control of the SVU.

“Evil thing – as soon as I get to the piano I will shrink you down to the size of a tea cup!” Joohyun holds on tightly to her seat.

The SVU comes to a shuddering halt on the sidewalk in front of the building.

2 minutes to sunset.

“Agassi –“The head guard once again holds Joohyun’s arm. “Mianeyo – we must hurry.”

Nauri wanted the Agassi home by sunset and Head Guard Ha Jung-woo was going to make sure of that. “Flank me – Kim, Park and Sung!”

Joohyun ran between the four men. Clutching her bag tightly and shivering with the unnatural cold.

Jung Yonghwa.

“He will be there.” Ha Jung-woo looks at Joohyun.

“Deh?” Joohyun looks at the Head Guard.

“You called out Nauri’s name. He will be there Agassi – don’t worry.” The man gives her an assuring smile.

 Then suddenly he was.

In front of them.

The men halt their tracks – they were gasping from the cold but they bow to Yonghwa.

“The Agassi is back, Nauri.” Ha Jung-woo spoke without lifting his eyes.

“Kamsahamnida Head Guard Ha. I knew you would not fail me.” Yonghwa replies. “I will take her now.”

Joohyun looks at the 4 men that surrounded her. Their kept their eyes to the ground as Yonghwa thanked each one of them by name.

“Please make sure the others return safely.” Yonghwa tells his Head Guard.

“Of course Nauri – thank you for your concern.” Ha Jung-woo stammers.

“Kamsahamnida Ahjussi Ha Jung-woo for looking after me today.” Joohyun bows to the 4 men. “Please tell the others.”

“Of course Agassi.”

“Joohyunah – let us go.” Yonghwa puts out his hand.

Joohyun looks at him before taking his hand.

As they walk away she turns to him and asks. “Are they going to stay there bowing?”

“Until we enter the building.” He tells her. Yonghwa felt his stress ebbing away as soon as he held her hand.

He never wanted to remember how he felt that today.

As the day progressed his temper had grown steadily worst – he refused to let Jonghyun tell him about the places that Joohyun had gone to. Regardless if he felt a tightness in his chest – she’d asked for a day away from him. He would honor that.

He’d scolded his Eldest soundly when he learned the identities of the guards Jonghyun assigned to look after Joohyun. Jonghyun had argued that Nauri could not kill these guards in particular – they were descended from the servants and soldiers that had served under Nauri’s father – Lord Jung. Besides they would guard Joohyun with their lives.

Yonghwa told Jonghyun that it was only his temper talking – he wouldn’t kill anyone – on the condition that Joohyun came back safely. Jonghyun had thrown his hands up in the air exasperated with his Maker. Yonghwa told his Eldest to leave him alone first so he could calm down.

As soon as his temper eased Yonghwa had Jonghyun call Hyesung.

“You convinced the Council to let you make the affidavit didn’t you?” Yonghwa spoke without preamble.

“Oraboni – I was doing for you –“Hyesung was starting to explain.

“I do not need you to do things on my behalf Deputy Jung. It was my own decision, I will become Seo Joohyun’s mate regardless of what you or anyone else may think. You should know that I never take kindly to being told what to do and what not to do. Does your Maker know about this? Or did he tell you to do it?”

“No – of course not. Lee Seongsangnim did not tell me to do it. Oraboni – no matter you think I did it in consideration of you. I didn’t want the Council to –“

“The Council be damned!” Yonghwa’s anger exploded. “I have had enough of the Council’s meddling! Put your lawyer hat on Deputy Jung – you are here to investigate an attack on my family. Not how I conduct my personal affairs. Tell your Master to be here as soon the as the sun sets if he wants to talk to Joohyun.”

Jonghyun grabs Yonghwa’s hand. Knowing his Maker – Yonghwa might just hurl the mobile to the wall in his anger. “Nauri – this is my mobile. Yoona just bought this for me.”

Yonghwa’s eyes flash but he lets Jonghyun take the mobile from him.

“I will have one of the secretaries get you another phone from the Supplies department.” Jonghyun pockets his mobile.

“Yes and have maintenance…” Yonghwa points to the floor above before sitting down and leafing thru the many documents on his desk. He did not want to see the look on his Eldest child’s face. “I left one side of the doors open. Tell everyone that I don’t want be disturbed – that includes Okasama.”

When he goes upstairs, Jonghyun’s jaw hung open as he looks at the penthouse unit. The coffee table was broken in two, broken shards of glass were on the rug, the TV’s screen was shattered and all the throw pillows were ripped apart.

“It’s all that stupid Deputy Jung’s fault.” Jonghyun mutters angrily as he calls for the maintenance crew to come to the penthouse. Then he calls the supplies department and gives them a list of the things they would have to replace. “I want everything done by end of the day 5 PM.”

He shakes his head as he leaves the unit.

“Be sure the workers do everything properly.” Jonghyun tells the guards.  He decides not to tell Minhyuk about it.  His brother would see it anyway when he looks at the expenses in the coming month. Then their Maker would have his hands full with his sulking middle Child.

Before he goes back to his office Jonghyun glances at his Maker’s office. He sees Yonghwa at work – glancing at his computer and looking at the documents on his desk. Nauri was a workaholic but for once Jonghyun was thankful for that – his Maker was under a lot of stress because of  the attack on their family and what happened that morning with Joohyun only made things worst.  Again he thought about sending a text to Joohyun but he holds back – he would only scold the young woman for leaving his Maker. She was under a lot of pressure as well.

“Let’s just work Lee Jonghyun.” He mutters to himself as he powers up his computer.

When Okasama and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter