Monster - Part 13 (2017 New Year Short Story)

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 31, 2 years into the future.

The helicopter lands softly on the thick snow. 

“Now there was no need to nervous was there?” Yonghwa looks at his passenger.

All he got was a smile and swift kiss which made him chuckle. “Stay where you are. I’ll help you down.”

He helps her out of her seat and tucks her hand on his arm.

“They must think we’re crazy.” Joohyun looks up at her mate.

“When you can pay for your craziness they will not question you.” He answers. “We’re lucky the weather is clear or else they wouldn’t have allowed us to rent the helicopter.”

“It’s just so beautiful.” She smiles as she looks at the majestic snow on the mountains. “How cold is it?”

“Right now I think it’s -30.” He tells her.

They were in Reykjavik Iceland to celebrate their first New Year together. By themselves.

Before they left Korea Yonghwa had continuously asked her if she could handle being around people. He was cautious because she was new.

New at being a vampire. New at being his mate.

She complained that he didn’t trust her enough. He reasoned that he trusted her but her vampire nature not so much yet. Her strength was something she could not fully control yet. She’d pouted and pleaded – she was bored with Korea and Japan. He’d promised her that they would travel.

Okasama and Sensei were against it. Afraid that Joohyun would not be able to handle being around humans.

Yet.

She was still in training.

Jonghyun, Yoona, Jungshin and Minhyuk were alternately supportive and nervous. They’d been trained by Nauri – it took years. Joohyun had only been training for 2.

But Yonghwa told them that he could handle it. He could handle his mate. They respectfully tried to not roll their eyes. Nauri was wrapped around his mate’s little finger. Everyone knew that – well everyone except their Maker.  

The chalet that one of the Nordic vampire families lent them was very isolated. They had been there for 3 days – with enough plasma, wine and chocolate. Joohyun loved hot chocolate.

Ueno Juri lent them a Lear Jet and a vampire crew. The couple had to accept since even Joohyun herself was not sure if she could handle commercial flights and airports. She didn’t want to burden her mate and their family with worries.

Joohyun continued to marvel at the clear sky and the stars above. So peaceful and pure.

“You’re very quiet Seo Joohyun.” Yonghwa leans to kiss his mate’s brow.

Her skin’s pale luminosity was only rivaled by the snow. Her eyes still had red flecks on them, her lips were now red. All in all Joohyun attracted attention – from other vampires and even human. When the head of the Nordic vampires met them he had called Joohyun a “Snow Queen.” Joohyun had countered that she was aiming for looking more like Elsa in “Frozen.” This remark made the other 4 Nordic clan members break into smiles – which was rare for vampires meeting for the first time.

Yonghwa had bitten his lower lip then to keep from laughing out loud - it would have been disrespectful to one of the oldest vampire clans on earth. His mate was charming and her witty comments were only made in order to hide how shy she really felt when she met vampires other than their family. After meeting with the Nordic vampires she agonized for hours about her “Elsa” remark, worried if the Nordic clan head had taken offense. Yonghwa assured her that Erik didn’t take offense since they were still alive. She’s gone all serious then and told him not to joke around.

“Like I would let them harm you.” She’d huffed and pouted on the sofa until Yonghwa gave her a cup of hot chocolate.

“Of course I know that.” He gives her a kiss on the forehead. And the rest of the night was spent on soothing her and showing her his love and commitment to her as his mate.

His hands caress her hair that the cold wind ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter