Monster - Part 11 (Sometimes the Way to a 1,000 years has bumps : Part 2)

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I have to go out tonight.” Yonghwa tells Joohyun when they were having breakfast.

Right now they were at least speaking to each other. Joohyun already finished the 15 pills and she was very tense and irritable because of the suspense of waiting for her period to come. Unfortunately, while he really does love her – Yonghwa’s patience still had a long way to go with regard to handling his mate.

Not that he didn’t try, he did – Joohyun would be the first to admit that.  She admitted to Yoona and to Ommonim that she wasn’t very easy to live with right now.  She wanted Yonghwa to be a bit more patient but unfortunately as the days wore on it became harder and harder for them to talk calmly to each other.

Days before, over their video call -Ueno Juri told Joohyun that there was trouble with the Korean vampire families and understandably Yonghwa was involved. Joohyun promised Yonghwa’s Maker that she will try her best to control her moods.

After the issue with the ancient doors, Joohyun played the piano only minimally and she picked all happy and carefree pieces. Lately she wanted to play melancholy pieces to match her mood but was afraid of the consequences.  Yonghwa’s wounds took long to heal – something that Ueno Juri was concerned about and this in turn made Joohyun feel so guilty. 

Yonghwa on the other hand got irritated when she would cry over his wounds – he kept saying he was fine and she kept saying he was not.  This went on back and forth until the latest instance where he had raised his voice to her in front of Jungshin. Joohyun was so embarrassed that she locked the door of the bedroom and cried herself to sleep.

All in all – nothing was going right in their world.

“Going out?” Joohyun looks at him. “You have a business meeting?”

“You could say that.” He nods. “I will be bringing Jonghyun with me. Minhyuk and Yoona will stay. Jungshin is back tomorrow from Jeju.”

Joohyun nods and continues washing the dishes. She notes that he drank 5 cups of blood. She felt uneasy but didn’t want to disturb what peace they had right now.

“I can feel your worry.” He stands behind her.

“I –“She was about to deny it when he back hugs her.

“We’ll get thru this Joohyunah alright? Trust me. Trust us.” He kisses her neck – just where her artery beat rapidly.

Joohyun nods and swallows the lump on .  She turns and embraces him.

They kiss – their first heartfelt kiss in days.  Joohyun clung to him and whispers that she loves him.

“Nado sweetheart” He traces her bottom lip. “Always.”

“Can I wait up for you?” She asks as she walks him to the doors.

“No – I’m afraid we’ll be out until just before daybreak.” He looks at her.

She nods and puts her hand on the ancient doors. They open silently and Yonghwa kisses her forehead. When the doors close she faintly hears him tell the guards to be alert and that the Agassi was just by herself.

Yonghwa and Jonghyun alight from the Porsche and look up the high rise building.

“Ready?” Yonghwa looks at his eldest child.

“Ready Nauri.” Jonghyun replies.

They walk across the lobby – every single vampire guard bows and kept their heads bowed until the elevator door opens. Yonghwa was head of the wealthiest vampire family in Korea and as such commanded utmost respect.

When they get off the elevator a party scene was before them. Lots of women and men dancing – there were foreigners as well as Koreans.

“Good evening Nauri.” A big burly man in a suit bows to Yonghwa. “Our Master is waiting for you. This way please.”

The doors close behind them and they walk in a quiet hallway. Their keen hearing picks up the sounds of ual .

Yonghwa sighs. “You’d think your Master would be rich enough to sound proof the rooms.”

The big man does not reply.  At the end of the hallway was an elevator and he presses the up button.

“There will be someone to meet you, Nauri.” The man bows and keeps his stance until the elevator door closes.

When the elevator opens they were on the topmost floor. A female vampire bows graciously to them.  Like the man downstairs, she keeps her head bowed until Yonghwa passes her.

“Ah – you’re here. The Bastard Lord and the sword for hire that I killed. How long has it been since we saw each other?” A very handsome vampire smiles at them. He was dressed in the height of fashion – looking suave and debonair.

“You know I never want to see you.” Yonghwa replies. His tone was clipped, his voice had no inflection.

“Now, now, let’s keep it civil – besides everything I said is true – you are a bastard and he is the sword for hire that I killed. “  The vampire smiles. “Oh forgive me where are my manners – I must bow and thank you for visiting my humble headquarters. It may not compare to your empire but I do have more than a fair of contributions to the vampire world.”

“Yes, I know – contributions arising from the sale of vampire blood to people with incurable diseases and those who wish to remain youthful. Riches that came from the lives of servants and slaves. Spare me.” Yonghwa’s eyes had a dangerous glint.

The vampire’s smile slipped and his eyes glisten with hate. “Those old bastards don’t care where the money comes from, Nauri.  All they care about is how much and how often we can give it.”

“What do you want? Why have you called me?  My time is expensive so if all you will do is rant and rave about your own miserable self we will leave.” Yonghwa makes to turn around.

“Ah –ah not so fast. Do you or do you not want to know the name of the vampire that ordered the gruesome and murder of Lee Jonghyun’s beloved life mate Im Yoona?” The vampire named Lee Soohyuk sits down. “Take seat, I’ll tell you all about it.”

“Jonghyun be still.” Yonghwa tells his Eldest. “Let us listen to what this snake has got to say.”

“Spoken like a true aristocrat.  Too bad you’re a bastard. At least I knew who my parents were and even Jonghyun knew who his parents were. Ah yes – they were slaves in my father’s house. Losing all their money, lands and titles in gambling is never easy on the children.”

“Get to the point before I kill you.” Yonghwa’s eyes change to black.

“If you kill me you’ll never know what I know. So sit down bastard Lord. Isn’t that what your Maker’s mate calls you? Bastard Lord. So funny. The blood of a king and a noble woman – a secret that died when your adoptive father and his family were massacred by your Maker. It was such a drama - too bad I wasn’t even born then.”

Yonghwa closes his eyes and wills himself to let go of the blood lust that hits him every time he sees Lee Soohyuk. The son of a wealthy merchant clan who was bad when he was human and even worst now as a vampire. Their family grew rich from bribing crooked government officials to get the rights to bringing silk, saffron and most of all opium. Evil, conniving, arrogant.

“Ah you’re getting mad again. Don’t get mad. I always thought that you’re so very wrong in always denying who your real father was. I find it strange because if it were me I would have let everyone know.” Soohyuk smiled evilly. He enjoyed getting a rise out of the haughty and aloof head of the Jung family.

“Well you’re not me.” Yonghwa coldly replies.

“And you – you traitorous sword for hire – you deserved to be killed! I paid you handsomely for every person that you killed and then you suddenly grow and conscience and let a stupid woman live!” Soohyuk snarls at Jonghyun. “You are no relative of mine!”

“A woman who was pregnant with your child!” Jonghyun shouts. “I can kill men but I would never kill a defenseless woman – not even for you! Cousin!”

“Well that’s why you were killed – unfortunately our bastard lord made you his child and I have to bear the knowledge that like me you will live for a thousand years.” Soohyuk lips curled.

“Tough !” Jonghyuk snarls right back.

“I grow nauseous just listening to you.” Yonghwa stands up. “We are leaving.” Yonghwa and Jonghyun head for the elevators. 

“Stop them!”

Immediately 20 vampires block the elevator.

“You really don’t want to do this.” Yonghwa looks at Soohyuk.

“Oh I do – unlike you I’m not squeamish about killing children. I can always make some more.”

“The Council has forbidden it.”

“Well they’re not registered with the council. Hence expendable.”

Yonghwa raises his hand and all the vampires blocking the elevator could not move.

 “You tire me.” He looks at Soohyuk and the vampire is lifted and pinned to the wall.

“Tell us what you know.” Jonghyun stands in front of Soohyuk. “Nauri isn’t known for his patience.”

“Well, all I can tell you is he is Chinese and he’s almost as old as Nauri. He must have been crushing on your beautiful life mate so he –“

Jonghyun talons grips his neck and squeezes.

“Wait – this is an unfair fight – I will not fight you! Besides I told you what I knew and I bought my sister time.” Soohyuk was thrown across the room by an unseen hand and crashes on the marble wall. His face and neck were bleeding profusely.

“Time?” Jonghyun asks as his talons retract.

“Yes – time. You think I want to see you and your Bastard Lord? You think I would help you? You’re funny – both of you.” Soohyuk was choking on his own blood.

The other vampires watch and trembled. Truly Jung Nauri was a formidable – he hardly moved and their Master was slowly dying before their eyes.

“Mercy!” Soohyuk chokes out. “I call for mercy! You cannot kill me because I called for mercy. If you kill me the Council will kill you and your family! I have witnesses!”

Yonghwa closes his eyes and curses all the rules that the damned Council ever made – it allowed vampire vermin like Lee Soohyuk to flourish at the expense of humans and vampires alike.

“I don’t ever want to ever see you and you kind again. And if you do something as stupid as this – Council or not – I will end you and all your children. This is not a threat to be taken lightly – you know I always do what I say because that’s just the kind of bastard that I am.” Yonghwa’s patience was at an end.

“Oy! Bastard Lord – you probably didn’t hear what I told your child here – I only did this to buy my sister time.” Soohyuk drags himself to the nearest chair and sits down. “The wouldn’t stop bothering me and look what it got me.”

“What do you mean? Where is Yoojin?” Yonghwa raises his hand and Soohyuk is suspended from the ceiling – his blood trickling down the floor.

“Damn you Bastard Lord! I asked for mercy didn’t I?” The vampire sputtered.

“I know all the Council laws – you did ask for mercy and I am giving you mercy. I won’t kill you – blood loss will.  Now tell me about your sister.”

“Yoojin is really pissed at you – I mean - in a killing kind of way. She’s got it in her head that you and she were supposed to you know – be together. You really need to put me down or else you won’t know what she’s up to.”

“You know better than to threaten me.” Yonghwa moves his finger and Soohyuk swung like a pendulum.

“Stop! Stop! Alright – put me down I will tell you.”

He lands on the chair in front of Jonghyun whose talons were out.

“Tell me now before I let my child kill you. You do know that when you die all of them will no longer be in your thrall – it will be easy for your witnesses to follow what I say. Speak!”

“Did you know she changed her family name to Jung?” Soohyuk wipes the blood from his chin. “Bet you didn’t know that. She did that in the US – it’s all legal and everything. We got a lot of business deals because of your family name.”

Yonghwa’s anger exploded – all the chairs and tables were thrown against the walls, glass from the chandeliers and windows shattered.

Soohyuk starts laughing. “I told her you’d get mad but she’s bound and determined to become your one and only.”

“The last time I saw her was 50 years ago and she was well aware that I had no intention of making her my mate.” Yonghwa’s incisors descend, his eyes turn black and his talons were out.

“Now – I did cry for mercy – so you can’t kill me.” Soohyuk cowered on his chair.

“Continue. I have this much patience left.” Yonghwa holds up the edge of his smallest talon.

“We – uhm – heard that you were taking a mate. When my sister heard about she just about went crazy - you must have read about the killing of several young women lately – well that was her. Then she bullied me into giving you a message about information on Jonghyun’s mate. She’s a genius – that – she knew you both wouldn’t pass up the chance to get the information even if it was from me.”

“So the information that you told us isn’t true?” Jonghyun lunges at Soohyuk.

“Of course it’s true – that vampire is Chinese and he is as old as Nauri. You can start your research from there.” Soohyuk was offended. “Take your talons off my arm!”

“We will check on that. Now back to Yoojin. I asked you where she was.” Yonghwa levels his face to Soohyuk’s.

“She’s probably in your high rise right now with 10 of her children. You know she only likes to turn women. And your future mate is human isn’t she?”

But he was talking to the wind – Yonghwa and Jonghyun were gone.

“Well what are you imbeciles doing standing there? Clean this place up!” Soohyuk rises from his chair. “Bring me one of the women downstairs – I need to feed.”

“Sir – sir we are under attack!” The head guard’s voice screamed from Minhyuk’s earpiece.

“What?” He looks at the CCTV – all the guards in the lobby were lying on the floor. “Seal off the penthouse now! Yobosayo? Yobosayo?” Minhyuk shouts.

He rushes out of his office when 2 black clad figures rush at him. They start squirting liquid on him – making him burn.

“Is it painful Sir MInhyuk?” Secretary Hong stands in front of him. “Sorry but Miss Jung would really like to see Miss Seo right now.”

“Who?” Minhyuk asks asked between clenched teeth. The black figures bounds his hands and feet with wets ropes.

“Oh – she was called Lee Yoojin before but now she called Jung Yoojin but she prefers Miss Jung.” The woman smiles.

“Why are you doing this? We trusted you.” Minhyuk asks once again. The pain was unbearable and ate thru his flesh.

“Holy water will burn you. You’ve been nice to me – everyone has but Miss Jung promised to turn me so here I am doing her bidding. My cover was impeccable wasn’t it? I’ve worked with your company for 10 years right out of university.” The woman smiles sweetly. “Now I’ll just go up and tell her that you’ll be staying just right here.”

“Keep throwing water on him.” She turns to 2 female vampires who wore thick leather gloves. “See you Sir Minhyuk – it was a pleasure working with you.”

Yoona was reading her book when she hears the windows splinter.

Rushing out she was seized by 2 female vampires.  “Bind her. Bring her upstairs. Miss Jung would like to see her.”

Yoona grimaces in pain as her hands were tied ropes soaked in holy water. “Who are you?”

“Our mistress is Lee Yoojin now called Jung Yoojin. “  One of the female vampire’s talons slash at the material of Yoona’s nightgown. “Miss Jung to you.”

Yoona closes her eyes. Lee Yoonjin and Nauri had a relationship but that was awhile back. They had a bad falling out because she insisted on becoming his mate and Nauri had refused. The last information they had about her was that she had settled in the US.

Joohyun was asleep in front of the TV. Clad in pajamas and one of Yonghwa’s black tees – she wanted to wait for him to come home. She wakes up to the windows vibrating.

“What is it doing now?” Joohyun mutters thinking that the Void was the one making the noise.

She opens the curtains and sees 3 black figures repeatedly hitting the windows with their feet. She hurriedly puts on her slippers and was heading for the doors to tell the guards.

“Oy! Seo Joohyun come out from there!” It was an angry female voice.

Joohyun stops and feels her heart race.

Who could have gone past all the security?

 “Come out now if you want the guards here and Secretary Hong to live. Show me your face – stupid human!” The voice calls out again.

Joohyun puts her hand on the door. She felt the familiar tingling sensation on her palm and the warmth that always flowed to her body only this time it was warmer than usual. She realizes that the doors were warning her of the danger outside. But the guards and Secretary Hong were in danger.

But what was Secretary Hong doing here at this hour?

“Are you taking your sweet time? Fine! Min Hee kill on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter