#oo9 - Red Light

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is she really okay?” Myungsoo asked in concern. “She keeps fainting again and again these day.”

“It’s fatigue.” Minhyuk replied after put on IV drip for his cousin. “Her mental health took a toll on her physical health. She might be skipping meal too because this kid tends to skip her meal when she’s depressed.”

“I didn’t notice it.” Myungsoo sighed. “The funeral was too busy that I didn’t notice whether she had her meal or not.”

“Please make sure that she has a good meal or she’ll get ulcer again.”

“Ulcer?” Myungsoo exclaimed.

“It’s caused by eating too much or not eating at all.” Minhyuk explained. “She used to suffer from ulcer back when her mother just passed away. She skipped meal and locked herself in her room all days. As a result, she was send to ER after fainting. I’m afraid that she might do it again.”

“Is it serious?” Myungsoo asked carefully. “It can be cure, right?”

“If she takes medicine according to the prescription.” Minhyuk answered. “But knowing how she hates the medicine, she would throw the pills into the trash bin and lie that she’s already took of it. I’ll prescript some medicines for her. Make sure she drinks it on time.”

“I’ll make sure to make her drink it.” Myungsoo said firmly.

“I know that I shouldn’t scare you.” Minhyuk sighed. “But I’m saying it as a doctor, if she doesn’t drink her medicines and eat her meals, her ulcer might develop into gastric cancer. Also, she had a history of-” He stopped when he realized what he was about to say.

“History of what?”

“Nothing!” Minhyuk shook his head. “Anyway, please take care of her. You’re the only one that can give her strength at this moment.”

“I understand.” Myungsoo nodded. “Thanks!”

“No problem.” Minhyuk smiled sadly. “She’s my cousin, after all. I was worried at first, but now I think I can be at ease.”

 

“She has you.”

“You’re awake?” Myungsoo leaned in closer as he saw how his wife slowly woke up. “Feeling better?”

“How long have I been asleep?” She asked in a hoarse voice.

“Almost a day!” He answered after looking at the clock on the nightstand. “You must be hungry. Ahjumma has already prepared some soup.”

“I have no appetite.” She answered before attempted to sleep again when he carried her up which caused her to let out a surprise yelp.

“You have to eat.” He said sternly. “Whether you want or not! If not, you’re going to faint again.”

She didn’t reply. When they reached the dining room, he placed her on the chair that Minhyuk pulled out for her. She sighed, looking at the soup bowl in front of her before she glanced up at her cousin who was sitting across her.

“I’m sorry, oppa!” She mumbled. “For throwing tantrum at you for no reason.”

“It’s understandable, from your perspective.” Minhyuk smiled slightly. “I deserve to be hit anyway for breaking my promise to you.”

“I’m really sorry, oppa.” She repeated.

“If you’re sorry, then eat.” Her cousin replied and Myungsoo immediately held a spoonful of soup near .

“I’m not hungry.” She pushed her husband’s hand away gently, carefully not to spill the hot soup.

“Ahjumma told me that you didn’t eat today even at the wake.” He sighed. “It’s almost midnight and you’re still not hungry.”

“Your husband is also tired, but he still makes sure to take care of his sick wife.” Minhyuk added. “Do you want him to fall sick too?”

She glanced at her husband and let out a quiet defeating sigh before taking the spoon from his hand and started drinking the soup.

Myungsoo nodded at her cousin in-law gratefully in which the latter smiled as a response.

After the late dinner, Soojung locked herself in her father’s study room alone. With the portrait of their family that was drew by her own hands hugged by her chest, she sobbed quietly in her father’s leather chair.

The memory between her and her father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter