#o11 - Beginning

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk shook his head as he looked at his cousin who was lying on the bed motionlessly. Her eyes were puffy, but he wasn’t sure whether she’s cried because she missed her father or missed her husband or maybe both.

He wrote down on her chart before letting out a sigh. He went out of the room before fishing out his phone from his hospital gown’s pocket.

“I have something to tell you before you and your wife are dying out of sadness.”

Myungsoo inhaled sharply as he pulled his hair in frustration. The phone call he just received shattered his heart.

 

“Soojung is diagnosed with gastric cancer.”

 

“Calm down, Kim Myungsoo!” He trembled as his mind tried to process what he just heard. “Come back to your sense, Kim Myungsoo! She’s going to be okay. Your wife is going to be okay.”

He grabbed his car key and wallet before storming out of the room.

“I might not come back to the company.” He told his secretary before quickly ran to the elevator. Please be okay!

“I’m sorry that I’m telling you this late.” Minhyuk said and he saw how his cousin’s husband’s fist clenched. “I’m really sorry. I should have told you earlier. I shouldn’t have given in to Soojung in the first place.”

“How is she?”

“It’s still the early stage, but because she is weak to begin with. That’s why she often faints.” Minhyuk sighed. “She’s going in for the surgery in a few hour. That’s why I think it would be good if you could see her before she goes in. After the surgery, she would need to receive therapy that will take at least two weeks.”

“She’s going to fine, right?” Myungsoo asked anxiously.

“There’s a high success rate.” Minhyuk answered. “Don’t worry! I’ll try my best!”

“I’m counting on you.” Myungsoo forced a smile. “I can see her, right?”

Staring at the white ceiling, Soojung constantly let out sighs. She immediately her side, her back facing the door when she heard the door opened because she knew it was her cousin who will nag her about her taking medicine.

“I’ve already taken my medicine.” She said before he could say anything.

“Bu-in!”

“I must be crazy.” She shook her head slightly. “I could even hear his voice.”

“Jung Soojung!”

She froze when she heard his voice again.

“Soojung!”

She turned around slowly and her eyes widened in shocked when she saw her husband was standing by her feet. She jolted up instantly.

“N-Nampyun? How?”

He walked up to her and pulled her into his arms tightly. Her tear suddenly rolled down when she’s finally in his warm arms that she has missed for several days.

“Why don’t you tell me?” He scolded her lightly as he buried his face into the crook of her neck. She instinctively wrapped her arms around him. “You should have told me earlier.”

“I’m afraid you will leave me.” She trembled. “I’m afraid you sign me a divorce, knowing that I was bared with this disease.”

“You’re such a fool.” He tightened his hug. “When did you become so pessimistic, Jung Soojung? You’re not the Jung Soojung I know.”

“This is some normal disease. It’s cancer, Nampyun.” She backed off from his hug. “It’s a deadly disease. I can die anytime.”

He let out a frustrated sigh before pulling her closer for a kiss. He nibbled on her lower lips, asking for entrance which she’s more than willingly. As she wrapped her arms around his neck, he tilted his head for a better access.

After it seemed like forever, he finally broke this kiss and stared at her meaningfully.

“I don’t give a damn for things like cancer. Just remember that you can’t die on me! You can’t die without my permission! Remember that!”

He leaned in again and closed the gap between them by reattached their lips.

It’s been two hours since the surgery and the nervousness that Myungsoo felt increased as time passed by. He clasped his hands together and brought it on his knees before he rested his head on it.

Soon, he heard footsteps approached his direction. He looked up and saw his parents walked in hurriedly.

“Where is she?” Mr. Kim asked. Myungsoo sighed and motioned his head to the door beside him. “Is she okay?”

“Please don’t ask me.” He answered desperately. There was hint of nervousness and scared in his voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter