#o13 - Back to the City

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo immediately jolted up when he didn’t feel his wife. He rubbed his eyes as he heard his wife’s voice outside with his grandmother, laughing. He ruffled his hair and yawned sleepily before he lied down, wanting to continue his sleep.

Just then, he remembered something his grandmother would always do when there’s guest in their house.

“Oh my god! No!”

He quickly folded the blanket and stacked the pillows on top of each other before running out of the room.

And he was damn right.

His grandmother was thrillingly showing her granddaughter in-law his childhood photo album, including the embarrassed ones.

“Halmoni!” He exclaimed and instantly ran to snatch the photo album, but Soojung was faster. She hugged the album by her chest and hid behind halmoni’s back. “Bu-in! Give it to me!”

“I haven’t finished looking at it.” She answered and blinked at him innocently.

“There’s nothing to look.” He said and walked up to her, but she just moved away from him. “Give it to me!”

“Yes, there is. There is my husband with his curly hair.”

“Oh, god! You saw that?” He pulled his hair in embarrassment. “Jung Soojung! Give it to me! Hurry up!”

“What’s wrong with your wife looking at your childhood photos?” Halmoni asked and beamed a smile.

“It’s nothing wrong.” He sighed. “But there’s some emba-”

“If you’re referring to the photos of you shirtless, pantless, every kid has at least a photo of that.” Soojung smiled teasingly. “There’s nothing to see, anyway. You were just a kid.”

“When I catch you, you’re dead.” He said and ran to her. With his long legs, he effortlessly caught her petite body and caged in his arms. “You’re dead.”

He showered her with kisses on her face and neck.

“Your breath stink.” She giggled. “Halmoni!”

“Yah! Go and wash up!” Halmoni yelled and threw a cushion to her grandson. “Breakfast is almost finished.”

After Myungsoo left to the market with Yuja ahjumma, Soojung was left with the grandmother, enjoying the tea.

“Thank you!” Halmoni suddenly blurted out.

“I didn’t do anything.” Soojung said and put down her tea cup. “What are you thanking me for?”

“For bringing my Myungsoo back to life.” The old lady smiled genuinely. “This is the first time I’ve ever seen him with such a wide smile in a long time. He looks so alive, so happy. I know that you’re the reason behind it.”

“Aniyo, halmoni!” Soojung smiled. “It’s not because of me. Because he’s finally be at the place he called ‘home’. A place where he can be ease without worrying about business and what else.”

“Promise me, Soojung!” Halmoni held her hands gently. “Promise me that you will never leave Myungsoo alone. He deserves to be happy, to be loved and I know you can do that. Please be with him, by his side forever. Can you promise me that?”

“Nae!” Soojung nodded. “I promise as long as I still breathe. I won’t leave Nampyun alone.”

“What are you doing here?” Myungsoo asked as he s his arms around her waist from behind. “I’ve looked for you everywhere.”

“I wish someday we could live here.” She placed her hands on top of him and let out a contented sigh. “I feel much better with this slow pace life.”

“Should we just stay here forever and not return back to Seoul?” He suggested. “I’ll just leave everything to Secretary Lee.”

“Isn’t that too much irresponsible of a CEO?” She chuckled and patted his cheek. “It’s so unprofessional of you.”

“Because it’s for you.” He pecked on her cheek. “Oh, right! I still have one more person to introduce to you.”

Walking into the quiet cemetery, the married couple could see the tombstones were covered with layers of sno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter