#oo2 - The Wedding

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting nervously alone in the bridal waiting room was Soojung. She fidgeted with her fingers as she kept sighing again and again. After all, every bride did get nervous on her wedding day and she’s no different. Though she knew that it’s just a part of the contract, she still felt anxious.

Soon, she heard the knocks on the door and then the door slowly opened, revealing her father and Secretary Lee who was assisting him. Mr. Jung wore a huge proud smile on his face as he approached his one and only daughter.

“On the other thought, I should call the marriage off because I don’t think I will able to hand you over to your groom.” He said as he caressed her cheeks after his secretary excused himself from the room. “You’re gorgeous, my dear!”

“Because I am appa’s daughter.” She smiled and tried her best not to cry.

“You look like your mother on her wedding day, Soojung.” He smiled sadly, reminisced the memory from almost 30 years when he got married to her late mother. “There’s no words that I can use to describe you two beauties.”

“Appa!” She exclaimed and wiped off his tear gently as she found herself getting teary eyes as well. “It’s your only daughter’s once in a lifetime wedding. You’re not supposed to be crying.”

“Right, I shouldn’t be crying.” He sniffed before embraced her into a warm hug. “You have to live happily, Soojung. Remember that whatever you do, wherever you are, I will always love you, my daughter. You know how much I love you, right?”

“Appa!” Droplets of tear started streaming down her cheeks and she snuggled for her father’s hug. “I love you too! I love you more than anyone else in the world.”

“You told me not to cry and now you’re bawling like a kid.” He chuckled softly and patted her on her back. “Don’t cry! You’re ruined your makeup and I won’t guarantee that Myungsoo will stand there after he has seen your smudge makeup.”

After spending additional 10 minutes touch up on her makeup, Soojung finally stood in front of the large door of the hall where her wedding took place. Gripping on the bouquet with one hand, she linked her arm with her father.

“Ready, my daughter?” He asked and she inhaled sharply before giving him a nod.

As soon as the large door was opened, she felt pairs of eyes were on her which caused her to tense up. Her father patted the back of her hand, a sign for her to relax.

She could see Myungsoo stood on the other side near the priest with a small smile on his face.

At least he knew how to act!

He’s already looked handsome with his expressionless face, but it’s even better with a smile on his face even it’s just fake one. Soon enough, they both reached him. Myungsoo bowed before shaking with her father’s hand.

Mr. Jung placed her hand onto Myungsoo’s open palm before smiling warmly at her and patting on his shoulder.

“I’m giving away my one and only precious daughter and I hope that you will take care and love her just like how I do.” Mr. Jung uttered. “Though you might resent me for this marriage, though you don’t love her now, you will eventually fall for her. I’m counting on you, sawi!”

“Nae, abeonim!” He said and bowed. Mr. Jung headed over to his seat which Secretary Lee quickly assist him as soon as the old man reached the end of the stage.

The two people turned towards the priest who had started the speech before turning to the groom.

“Mr. Kim Myungsoo, do you take Miss Jung Soojung to be your lawfully wedded wife from today onwards and promise to cherish her, protect her and always be there for her through sickness or health, through thick and thin, for richer or poorer?”

Soojung found herself tensed up as the priest asked him. She gave him a nervous glance before she let out a small sigh of relief as she heard his next word.

“I do!”

“Ms. Jung Soojung, do you take Mr. Kim Myungsoo to be your lawfully wedded husband from today onwards and promise to cherish him, protect him and always be there for him through sickness or health, through thick and thin, for richer or poorer?”

“I do!”

“With the God Power vested inside me, I now declared you husband and wife. You may exchange the rings.” They face each other before taking the rings from the cute ring bearer and slipping into each other’s ring fingers.

“You may kiss the bride!”

She felt the heat in her face as the priest announced and gripped tighter on the bouquet in her hands. He lifted up her veil before leaned forward and they locked their gaze at each other for the moment. She felt the time had stopped. He closed the gap between them as he tilted his head to the side and pressed gently on her lips.

He could feel the electricity down his spine as their lips attached. He gripped on her waist as he tried to keep her steady.

“Family and Friends, for the first time, I introduced you, Mr. and Mrs. Kim Myungsoo!”

Soojung stared into the air blankly, wondering what she should say when her husband came out of the bathroom. They were in the VIP room of the Lotte Hotel & Resorts, the hotel where they held the reception an hour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter