#o15 - Paper Heart | [Please read the A/N]

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed by and Soojung was glad to know that her husband and his parents were getting on a good term. Well, at least, they had a proper conversation without ending up arguing with each other.

As for her, she was getting better and better with the treatment. If she didn’t go through the surgery back then, she was sure that she’s going to regret it now.

However, life was not always good. Myungsoo was behaving really weird in this past weeks. He kept coming home late or not come at all. Sometimes, he left early in the morning when she was still in bed. Though he kept saying that everything was fine, but she didn’t really feel good about it.

Today, it was their one year anniversary and they agreed to have a dinner out although Soojung felt that he’s going to cancel at the last minute again.

“Nampyun, where are you?” She asked on the other line as she got into the car that was driven by her chauffeur to the restaurant that they were going to have a dinner tonight. “I’m on my way.”

“I just wrap up the meeting. I’m going soon!” He replied hurriedly. “I need to go. I’m hanging up.”

She couldn’t even get to say goodbye and he just hung up on her. She stared at her phone with an upset mind. They really need a talk tonight.

Two hours passed and Soojung was still waited alone in the restaurant. Is she getting ignored again? She kept glancing at the clock and when she couldn’t take it anymore, she dialed his number. After a few rings, his line answered.

“Namp-”

“Soojung-ssi?” She frowned when she heard his secretary’s voice. He’s not even picked up her call by himself.

“Hoya-ssi! Is my husband there?” She asked. “We supposed to meet 2 hours ago and now he’s still not here.”

“Actually, an urgent meeting came up and Sajangnim had no choice, but to proceed with the work.” Hoya replied and Soojung let out a disapprove sigh. “This project is really important and this is a good chance, so he cannot let it pass.”

“Alright, then!” She heaved a defeated sigh. “Tell him to give me a call after the meeting finish!”

 

They really NEED a talk.

Another two hours passed and Soojung decided to go home when her husband still didn’t show up. On the way back home, she kept staring out of the window as she tried to hold back her upset tear.

Although the company was important, but shouldn’t he prioritize her first? She’s his wife, after all.

Suddenly, her phone vibrated. She inhaled sharply before sliding her thumb across the screen to answer the call.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Sooj-”

“I’m on the way home.” She cut him off. “I felt tired, so I just came back.”

“I’m so-”

“No, the company is way more important than me.” She chuckled bitterly. “I’ll see you at home!”

Dropping herself wearily on the couch, Soojung laid her head on the headrest of the couch as she bit on her lower lips. She just felt extremely tired, emotionally. Soon enough, she heard the shuffle sound and she saw her husband was walking to her way. She turned her head to the other side, avoiding his gaze although she still could feel his eyes on her.

“Look, Soojung!” He said. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to cancel our date, but the meeting-”

“You should at least give me a quick call.” She cut him off and scoffed. “It didn’t take that long to call me. Just 5 or 10 seconds is more than enough, but you didn’t. Nampyun, I waited you for a good 4 hours. 4 HOURS!”

“I already said sorry.” He groaned. “Isn’t that enough?”

“Does sorry end everything?” She rolled her eyes and scoffed in disbelief. “Just a word and everything is okay.”

“Soojung!”

“You’re strange, Nampyun!” She stood up from her seat and walked up to him before staring at him right into his eyes and he could saw how hurt and upset she was. “This past weeks, did you even realized you have been negle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter