#oo8 - Blue

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa! I-I’m here!” Soojung mumbled in her sob as her father squeezed her hand weakly.

“My Soojung…my daughter…” He smiled sadly and she could see a single drop of tear rolled down the corner of his eyes. “I..need to find..your umma..”

“No, appa!” She shook her head and her sob became louder. “You can’t leave me. You cannot!”

Secretary Lee blinked back his tear and Myungsoo was patting her shoulders gently to soothe her.

“I..can..leave without..any..regret..” He said painfully. “My..Soojung…is in good hands.”

“Appa!”

“Myungsoo…” He called out weakly and Joongki grabbed a hold of his hand.

“I’m here, abeonim!” He said. “I’m here with Soojung.”

“Without…me, you’re...the...only...family...she..had.” He swallowed hard. “Take..care..of..her..”

“I will, abeonim! I promise you with my life.”

It’s not the promise that he made for his father in-law felt assured. It was a sincere promise from the bottom of his heart and he wanted to keep that promise.

“That’s…good…to…hear..” He smiled tiredly. “Minhyuk-ah… Where are you…”

“I’m here, samcheon!” The latter approached him and squeezed his hand gently. “I’m sory, samcheon.”

“You did your best…” Mr. Jung brushed his thumb on the back of his palm. “Don’t blame… yourself… All…along…thank you… my nephew…”

“Aniyo, samcheon!”

“Take…care…of…each…other…” He breathed heavily. “Soojung-ah…app…appa…love..yo..”

His hand fell out of their grip and a long beep from the machine filled the silence room. 

“Appa! Appa! APPA!” She yelled and Myungsoo had to hug her, trying to calm her down.

“Let me go! Let me go!” She screamed and hit his chest hard. “APPA! ANDWAE!”

“Soojung! Ssh!”

“APPA! Appa… Appa…” He felt her body loosened in his arms and soon her body went limp.

“Soojung!” He shook his unconscious wife. “Soojung!”

Watching how IV drip slowly, Myungsoo held on his wife’s hand tightly and pressed his lips on her hand. He gently wiped off the tear stain on her face.

“I wish I can help you.” He whispered and brushed her bang from her forehead. Then his head turned to the door when he heard the knocks.

“Excuse me! I need someone from Mr. Kim’s family to fill out some form.” The nurse informed him and he glanced at his wife worriedly.

“Where is Dr. Kang Minhyuk?” He asked.

“He was schedule a checkup with the patient of the room 505.” She replied.

“Alright! I’ll go!”

Holding a tray of hot soup back to the room, Myungsoo opened the door quietly, carefully not to wake his wife up. But the bed was empty.

“Soojung?” He called out and placed the tray on the table. He made his way to the bathroom and knocked the door. “Soojung, are you there?”

He chewed on his nail as he mentally told himself to calm down. He ran out of the room and outside when he bumped into Minhyuk.

“Where are you going?” Minhyuk asked in surprised. “How is Soojung?”

“She’s missing.”

“What?” Minhyuk yelled, but then he immediately covered his mouth with his hand when he realized that they were in the hallway. “How?”

“I went to fill some form at the front desk.” Myungsoo answered. “Then, I went to the canteen to get her some soup, but she was nowhere to be seen when I come back.”

“Where could she go?” Minhyuk scoffed. “It’s raining heavily outside. I’ll check outside the hospital.”

“No, you can just search inside the hospital.” He said. “I’ll search outside.”

“Nampyun! Where are you?” Soojung cried as she walked without any destination. She was drench with the rain. She didn’t even bring her coat with her.

As soon as she woke up, she found no one inside the room. Even when she called out, no one replied. She just walked out of the room straight that she didn’t even know where she is now.

The rain shown no sign of stopping. It’s only getting heavier and heavier. She hugged her arms and shivered in cold. Her tear streamed down her face with the rain. She stood beside the bus stop sign and looked around, but her mind didn’t seem to process well.

She slowly squatted down and rested her arms on her knees before she rested her head on top of its.

“Nampyun! Where are you?” She trembled. “Why does everyone keep leaving me?”

Suddenly, she saw a familiar pair of shoes in front of her and the rain stopped hitting on her body. She looked up slowly and saw he was panting and his eyes were hinted with anger.

“Nampyun…” She stood up.

“WHERE DID YOU GO WHEN YOUR CONDITION IS NOT THAT WELL?” He yelled as she stood up. She hiccupped and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter