#oo5 - The Trip to Macau

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you worrying about abeonim?” Myungsoo asked as he saw his wife shifted uncomfortably in her seat. They were on the flight to Macau for his business trip. “He’s going to fine. Minhyuk is there and the other nurses are also there.”

“A little bit!” She sighed worriedly and pulled the blanket up to her waist. “I’ve never been away from him for quite a while.”

“Don’t worry, daddy’s girl!” He assured her. “He will be fine.”

“I hope so!” She smiled slightly.

“You can sleep. We’re still have a few hours until we arrive.” He said and lowered himself. “I can lend you my shoulder.”

“Lend me?” She chuckled. “Nampyun?”

“Well, in case, you found it’s difficult to sleep in your seat.” He answered. “Here!” He tapped on his shoulder. She beamed a small smile before resting her head on his shoulder and closing his eyes.

“Thanks, Nampyun!”

“Is there anything wrong?” Soojung asked when she saw his face hardened. “There’s no suite left in this hotel?”

“No, it’s not like that.” He let out a sigh. “Secretary Lee only booked one room for us and I was too caught up with the other things that I forgot to ask my secretary to book another suite for you.”

“Then, I can stay at another hotel nearby.” She smiled slightly and he frowned.

“How can I let you?” He said. “It’s not like you know anyone here or you know the area that well. Is it okay if we stay in the same suite? There’s only a single king sized bed.”

“It’s fine.”

Soojung was left alone as her husband has to go to the meeting with his clients for the expansion of the business here. She took out the sketchbook in her luggage and started drawing random things.

Before she knew it, she found herself sketching her husband’s face. She smiled shyly as she thought about what happened on the plane.

As she leaned her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, he used his hand to pat her head gently and mumbled something that she couldn’t catch on. Little did he knew that she was awake the whole time.

Myungsoo slipped in the keycard before he opened the door to his suite. He walked in carefully in case she was sleeping since it’s almost midnight. Leaving his suitcase and suit on the couch, he headed straight to the bathroom to wash up.

His lips curled up slightly as he saw the towel and his pajamas were placed neatly on the counter in the bathroom. The toothpaste was already placed on the toothbrush and the mouthwash was already in the small cup along with a glass of tap water nearby.

“Thank you!” He whispered.

After washing up, he headed to the bed, but was taken aback when he saw the bed was empty. He headed towards the couch again, but no one was there. Then he walked over to the dining table at the corner and saw her was resting her head on her arms on the table with the sketchbook, pencils and eraser in front of her.

He looked through the book and saw many unfinished sketch until he stopped at the sketch of himself. It looked realistic like he was looking at the photo of himself. He smiled before picking her up in his arms gently to not wake her up. She stirred in her sleep, but he hushed her back to sleep. She snuggled into his warmth chest.

He placed her gently on the bed before tucking her under the comfy bedsheet. He carefully climbed up the bed besides her.

“Good night, Bu-in!”

After a while, she opened her eyes and shyly smiled at him. “Good night, Nampyun!”

As the sunlight shined through the curtain, Soojung groaned before trying to stretch herself when she felt she was trapped. She opened her eyes and found that his arm was wrapped around her waist. She turned to her right and was surprised to see how his face was so close to her.

He looked so handsome even when he slept. She slowly traced on his eyebrow down to his nose and to his lips with her finger.

“Like what you see?” He blurted out of blue and opened his eyes, staring into her eyes. She immediately avoided his gaze.

“I’m sorry!” She mumbled without meeting his eyes. “I don’t mean to.”

“I don’t have any schedule until afternoon.” He closed his eyes. “So, let’s stay like this for a while!”

She gulped down uneasily as she heard his words. He had no idea that how fast her heart racing with only his words.

Get a grip of yourself, Jung Soojung!

“I’m bored.” Soojung let out a sigh and put down her pencil.

She kept finding different activities to do to get rid of the boringness, but nothing help. Even though she watched TV, drew and read, she’s still felt bored.

She stood in front of the large window of the suite and admired the beautiful scenery.

“I should explore the city.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter