#oo3 - The New Life

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo groaned when the sunlight seeped through the curtain and hit on his face before fluttering his eyes opened. He frowned confusingly when he smelled the fruity scent and felt a weigh on his upper body. He moved his body to see what’s going on, but then his eyes widened when he saw his wedded wife was throwing her arm around his waist and her head rested casually on his arm as his arm was on her waist.

He gulped when he saw her face close up. She looked good in her bridal makeup yesterday, but her bare face still looked good.

Just then, she stirred before rubbing her droopy eyes. She immediately flinched away when she saw what she was doing.

“Oh my god! I’m sorry!” She exclaimed in embarrassment. This is the second time after their wedding. Last night, she tripped into his embrace and now she woke up and found herself was sleeping casually on him. I want to dig and bury myself into a hole.

“I-I’m going to take a bath.” She hurriedly ran into the bathroom and unconsciously took the wrong towel which was his towel.

When the door finally slammed, stiffened Myungsoo finally bursted into a quiet laugh at what both of them unknowingly did last night. He inhaled deeply when he realized that his heart skipped its beat when he realized that they were hugging each other all night long.

 

It was abnormal and it’s been a while since his heart beat this fast.

Myungsoo and Soojung saw Secretary Lee was waiting for them in the hotel lobby. Immediately, he pulled closer by her waist, startled her. She saw Secretary Lee smiled as he looked at her husband’s hand on her waist.

Don’t be affected by that, Jung Soojung! It’s just an act!

Myungsoo bowed to the old man before giving him a small smile and all of them proceed to the car that was parking outside. She knew that today was the day that Myungsoo will be introduced as the new CEO at the Jung Corps and her father will be announced his retirement from the business.

“Hwejangnim will be happy to see the two of you.” Secretary Lee smiled and looked at his hand that was still on her waist. “You two look good together. Hwejangnim really has a good pair of eyes.

““And I believe that this man right here will lead our Jung Corps to a more successful future.” Mr. Jung declared proudly at the meeting in front of his staffs. “As for me, I will be retired from the business industry. I will leave everything else to my children. Everyone, please look over him kindly.”

Round of applause filled the whole room before Myungsoo took his turn to deliver the speech to all the staffs. Her eyes were on him the whole time he was talking, admiring his confidence and amazing leadership. She knew that her father was never wrong. This man will surely lead the company to the better position.

“I’m happy, Soojung-ah!” Mr. Jung patted on her shoulder. “I’m sure he will be a good husband to you. He will take a good care and love you more than anyone else.

She smiled slightly and nodded as she stared at the ground. Taking care of her and love her? It will end after a year, anyway. She shouldn’t get her hope up because high expectation only result in disappointment.

“I don’t understand why you two not going on the honeymoon vacation, instead of coming to work.” Mr. Jung asked as he sipped on his tea. “Newlywed couple should be going on the honeymoon.”

“Nampyun wants to focus on work for the time being.” Soojung replied as she gave the signal to her husband with his new nickname that she gave him. “Besides, vacation can wait, appa. You should recover soon, so we can go on the vacation together.”

“Right, abeonim!” Myungsoo added. “We can all go to the vacation together once you recovered. The more, the merrier!”

“We all know my current condition.” The old man sighed. “I don’t even know how long I could l-”

“Appa!” Soojung cut off unhappily. “I told you not to talk about the unfortunate thing. Appa is the strongest man I’ve ever known. You’re gonna get out this for sure.” She smiled. I trust you, appa! “I want you to stay by my side for a very long time. You should live long to see your grandchildren.”

“Then you should have kids early.” Mr. Jung remarked, flustering the married couple. “Why are you two look so surprised?”

“Appa!” She pouted and ligh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter