#oo1 - The Deal

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Gomata!” Mr. Jung smiled at the young age who was sitting opposite of his daughter. “Myungsoo-goon for agreeing to this marriage.”

“Animida!” Myungsoo replied and bowed his head slightly.

“In-law!” Mr. Kim said. “Why don’t we leave the youngsters alone? Our talk only involves with business which I’m sure that is going to make our kids sleepy.”

“That’s a good idea.” Mr. Jung nodded before turning to his daughter who was sitting on his right. “You’re going to be okay with Myungsoo-goon alone right, Soojung?” She nodded unsurely and flashed a small smile to her father. “I’m counting on you, Myungsoo-goon.”

After biding goodbyes with the elders, the room became immediately dead silence to the point that Soojung shifted in her seat uncomfortably. She bowed her head, avoiding his gaze when she felt the intense stare on her.

“Aren’t you going to say anything, Jung Soojung-ssi?” Kim Myungsoo asked, breaking the silence. “Regarding to this arranged marriage?”

“I guess you didn’t agree with this marriage.” She answered and gathered all her courage to look at him. “I’m sorry for that, but I really need this marriage.”

“Why?” He twitched his eyebrows. “Of all the guys in South Korea, why does it have to be me?”

“Appa chose you for me.” She sighed softly. “His choices are always deemed to be the right one, so I trust him.”

“What is the reason behind it if I may know?” He asked. “We didn’t even know each other, Jung Soojung-ssi. We know nothing, but each other’s name.”

“My father is dying.” She blurted out sadly. "He’s suffering from cancer and he’s already reached the last stage. I don’t think he can stay around any longer even though I persuaded myself that he’s going to live until he can see his great-grandchild.”

Hearing no response, she continued.

“He always wants to see my wedding. He always wants to see me in my wedding dress.” She blinked to hold back the tear brimmed in her eyes. “Even this is just a fake marriage, I want to fulfill his last wish.”

“What do I get in return?” He asked coldly, still staring at her.

“Everything you want.” She replied. “The company and everything. I know nothing about the business world. Since both companies are doing well, it’s even better if it’s merge together, don’t you think so?”

“So, by merging the two company together, I have to sacrifice my love life?” He smirked. “Isn’t it too much for a demand?”

“There’s nothing you can’t get in this world.” She uttered. “I really need this marriage, Kim Myungsoo-ssi. Give me only one year.”

“One year?”

“From the day of our wedding day counting up to one year.” She pleaded. “We’ll file a divorce after one year. I’ll give the authority of the company and the management of the company’s finance in return to a year of marriage.”

“How can I believe you?” He asked, a bit suspicious. “We barely know each other. What you said is basically just an empty promise that I don’t even know whether you do it or not. What if you file a lawsuit against me over the ownership of the company?”

“Do you mean you’re giving in?” She asked, full of hope. Please tell me yes.

“You’re placing your father on the line.” He sighed. “How am I supposed to cold-heartedly refuse the offer?”

“I’ll contact my lawyer.” She smiled. “I’ll contact you before the wedding when everything is ready.”

“Even if you want to fulfil your father’s last wish, but don’t you think you’re at a loss, agashi?” Song Joongki, the Jung family’s attorney asked. “This is your father’s company that he built from his bared hands we’re talking about.”

“Attorney Song!” Soojung sighed softly. “I know this is wrong, but there isn’t any other better way than this. Then if it’s not him, do you want to hand over the position to any of my greedy relatives? No, I’d rather donate all of it to the charity.”

“But Hwejangnim will be disappointed if he know about it.” He said carefully. “I mean you put his company as a token of your contract.”

“I know.” She smiled bitterly. “I also feel guilty about it, but I’m afraid he won’t be able to carry on any longer.”

“Agashi!”

“Please, Attorney Song!” She begged. “There’s no lawyer that I could trust other than you. Please keep it as a secret from everyone. This secret should only keep between you, me, him and his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter