#o10 - Thunder

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I double the update today. If you just come here, then go back one chapter!!

A Week Later…

“Are you going to have lunch with Minhyuk today too?” Myungsoo said as he buttoned his suit. “I think I’ll be late tonight because of the meeting with the Macau investors.”

“Should I wait up for you?” She asked and tied his blue tie.

“Don’t bother!” He shook his head. “You can sleep first! You don’t look good lately, so you should sleep early.”

“Okay!” She nodded and brushed his shoulders. “You too, don’t overwork and don’t skip meal.”

“Alright, I’ll be going!” He smiled and made his way towards the door. Just when he grabbed on the doorknob, he halted and turned around. “I think I forgot something.”

“What did you forget?” She asked. “Your phone? Wallet?”

“This!” He answered before walked up to her and pecked on her lips. “Have a nice day, Bu-in!”

Sitting nervously in her cousin’s office, Soojung fidgeted with her fingers nervously. Minhyuk, then, came inside the room with a brown file in his hand with a serious expression. He sat down in front of her, the desk separated them. He looked at her and heaved a deep sigh.

“How was the result?” She asked anxiously.

“It’s back.” He replied solemnly.

“What?”

“It’s back.” He looked at her right into her eyes. “Your gastric cancer, it’s back!”

“Stay calm, Soojung!” She mumbled to herself. “Stay calm! It’s going to be okay.”

She was still in her cousin’s office after the latter has to attend his schedule for a surgery.

 

“At first, I didn’t notice anything because you didn’t show any sign.” He said. “But I heard from ahjumma that you usually have stomach pain and you kept fainted again and again. That’s when I started to assume.”

“What should I do?” She asked breathlessly.

“It’s still an early stage.” He answered. “So, I suggest that you should undergo the surgery to remove the tumor as soon as possible. If you agree, I’ll arrange the date as soon as I possibly can.”

“I’ll think about it.” She gulped down.

“You can’t drag it on longer, Soojung or else your condition will be worsened. I know that you’re still sad about samcheon. I know that you must be devastated when I broke this news to you, but I can’t lost you.” He sighed desperately. “I have to save you. Oh right, I forgot to tell Myungsoo.”

He grabbed his phone, but she was faster to snatch his phone that was by his computer.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Don’t tell him.” She pleaded. “Please don’t.”

“It’s about you. I have to tell him.” He said and tried to reach for her phone.”Soojung, give it to me!”

“I’ll go through the surgery.” She said. “As long as you promise me that you won’t tell my husband.”

 

She flinched when the phone inside her bag vibrated. She took another deep breath before sliding answered the phone.

“Nampyun, wae?” She tried to be as cheery as she can.

“Just wondering where are you.” He replied. “Are you with Minhyuk?”

“I was waiting for him to finish his surgery and then we’re going out for lunch together along with Bona.” She said. “Are you having lunch?”

“Yes, that’s why I call to check on you. Well, I’ll see you at home, then.”

“Ok, bye, Nampyun!” She said. “See you!”

As soon as she hung up, she didn’t bother to hold back her tear anymore. She buried her face into her palms before she felt a hug from behind.

“You’re going to be okay, Soojung-ah!” Minhyuk said. “You’re going to be healthy again. Trust me, sis! Trust this oppa for one more time!”

“I’m back.” Myungsoo announced before walking towards the kitchen as he dropped his suitcase onto the couch. “Bu-in?”

“Doryeonnim, you’re back!” Ahjumma said and bowed slightly. “I tried to stop Agashi, but she won’t listen to me.”

“Let her be!” He said. “As long as the kitchen won’t be burned down which I’m sure it won’t since you’re the one who taught her about cooking.”

“But-”

“It’s okay.” He nodded. “You can go to rest now.”

“Then, call me if you need something.” She bowed again before heading to her own room. He bowed at her back before quietly walked up to her and gave her a surprise back hug.

“You’re doing it again.” She scoffed as she let go of the ladle. “You said that you will be late tonight.”

“The investor let me go, knowing that I have a pretty wife was waiting for me at home.” He said and placed his chin on her shoulder. “What for dinner?”

“Obviously, food!” She shrugged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter