#o14 - Open up

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t want to go.” Myungsoo groaned and sighed out loud as he watched his wife tied up her hair after putting on a layer of BB cream on her face. “We can just send the Kimchi to them. Why do we have to go?”

“Nampyun!” She playfully glared at him through the reflection of the mirror. “If you’re willing to sleep in separate room, then you don’t have to go.”

“Hell no!” He immediately replied, making her giggled. “Are you indirectly trying to kill me?”

“Then get up and get dressed.” She turned around. “They must be waiting for us.”

“Put on a smile!” Soojung said as she pulled the corner of his lips as wide as he can. “It’s not hurt to smile.”

“You know why.” Myungsoo let out a sigh.

“You promised me you will trying.” She whined and frowned at him. “If you keep on doing this, I swear I’m going to let you sleep in a separate room.”

“Soojung-ah!”

“The choice is yours.” She unbuckled the seat belt and got out of the car. He quickly followed suit behind. She turned around and glared at him. “The food is in the trunk. Bring it!”

“Abeoji! Omonim!”

Soojung called out excitedly as she slipped into her home slippers. Hearing their daughter in-law’s voice, the old Kim couple walked up to her with a wide grin.

“You’re here!” Mrs. Kim said and hugged the young lady missingly. “I’m glad that you look better than before.”

“You look better not being a stick thin.” Mr. Kim added and they laughed a bit before he glanced behind her. “Where is Myungsoo?”

“He’s outside.” She answered curtly. After all, she was still slightly upset at the fact that he didn’t seem to want to mend his relationship with his parents.

“There he is!” Mrs. Kim said as he saw his son was carrying several containers of food. “You’re here.”

Myungsoo didn’t reply, instead he just bowed slightly at his father before walking pass them into the kitchen. Soojung frowned as she saw how her husband acted towards his parents.

“I’m making samgyetang for you. It’s going to be done soon.” Mrs. Kim said as she led her daughter in-law inside. “I heard that it’s good for stomach.”

Knocking on her husband’s bedroom, Soojung purposely heaved a deep sigh and stomped her feet as she walked to her husband who was lying on his bed.

“Nampyun!” She jumped onto his fluffy bed and glared at him. “You promised me.”

“I promised that I will try, but not doing it.” He replied lazily. “If you were me, you would have known that it is not that easy.”

“You didn’t even try.” She whined and pulled him to sit up the same level as her. “Nampyun! If you don’t start doing it now, when will you do?”

“Soojung-ah!”

“Nampyun! Do you love me?” She asked. “You don’t even listen to me.”

“Soojung-ah!” He chuckled and cupped her face. “Loving you and doing this are two different thing.”

“I don’t care whether it’s the same thing or not.” She answered firmly. “You promised me, you have to do it.”

“Jung Soojung!”

“The choice is yours.” She shrugged and pulled his hands off her face. “I don’t mind sleeping in different room from you.”

“Jung Soojung!”

She smirked at him a bit before lying down on the bed beside her. He knew that she was serious that she wanted him to make up with his parents. He understood her intention, but for him to suddenly be friendly to them was not easy at all.

But sleeping in different room from her was way worse.

“Jalmokkesimnida!” The Kim’s chorused before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter