#oo6 - Lean On

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked as he saw how his wife massaged her stomach with a sour expression. “Stomachache?”

“I guess, maybe because I ate too much.” Soojung smiled assuredly at her. “I’m fine. It will be gone soon.”

“Wanna go back to the hotel for some rest?” He suggested, but she quickly shook her head. “But you don’t look good.”

“I’m really fine, Nampyun!” She repeated. “Don’t worry about me! I feel like a party pooper.”

“You’re sure?” He asked unsurely. “We still have several days left. We can visit tomorrow.”

“How many times do I have to tell you, Nampyun, that I’m really okay?” She groaned. “Just stick to our plan.”

“Alright!” He sighed in defeat. “If it’s hurt again, tell me. We’ll go to the hospital for a checkup.”

“Yes, sir”

“Wow! So beautiful!” Soojung exclaimed after she reached the 63th floor of the Macau Tower. They decided to visit the tower after they finished their food tour.

“When was your last trip?” Myungsoo asked as he stood beside her and looked outside the window.

“When I was in college?” She answered unsurely. “It’s been so long that I can’t remember.”

“That’s why you look amazed everywhere we go.” He chuckled in amusement.

“I’m really amazed.” She said innocently. “It’s like a brand new world. Oh my god!” She exclaimed loudly.

“Why?”

“That person just jumped off.” She replied in horror after she saw a woman bungee jumped. “How can she?”

“Want to give a try?” He asked mischievously. “It looks fun.”

“Nampyun can try it.” She shook her head. “I’ll just stay behind and cheer for you.”

“It’s no fun, that way.” He scoffed and dragged her to the platform. “We want to give it a try.”

“Nampyun, I won’t do it.” She shook her head madly and tried to take off his hand. “I’m scared.”

“It’s once in a lifetime experience.” He said, clearly thrilled at the idea of jump off the tall building. “Besides, I’m here.”

“Would you like to try as a couple?” The worker asked him in English in which he nodded quickly while Soojung looked like she wanted to cry.

“Nampyun!” She whimpered as she watched him put on the safety equipment before the female worker put the same thing on her body.

“I’ll protect you.” He assured her as he tightened the belt. “You trust me, right?”

“I do, but…” She gulped as she took a peek down the platform. “I’m still scared.”

“I’m here.” He held her hand tightly. She clutched on his clothes tightly and took a step back.

“I can trust you, right?” She asked and inhaled sharply.

“Of course.” He tightened his grip on her hand. “I’ll carry you, then.”

He quickly scooped her up in his arms in which she yelped in surprise when her feet were lifted off the ground. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders quickly and accidentally pressed her lips on his cheek.

“I’m sorry…” She stuttered and took another deep breathe.

“I’m going to jump.” He said and slowly took a step forwards. He nodded once at the worker before leapt off the platform, receiving a cheer from the people up there.

Soojung opened her eyes slowly when she felt the wind blew strongly at her. She smiled slightly, feeling she was flying.

“ISN’T IT AWESOME?” He yelled through the strong breeze.

“IT IS.” She smiled genuinely and nodded her head.

They finally fell on the spring at the bottom and bounced. She fell on her back with him hovering on top of her. His lips perfectly landed on top of her. They widened their eyes in surprise, but none of them pushed each other away.

He snapped back into the reality before he turned his face away and stood up. Holding out his hand, she gripped for support as she stood up.

“You just have to trust me.” He diverted the topic as he took off the equipment.

“Thank you, Nampyun!” She nodded and turned around, so that he didn’t see her heating face.

 

It’s just a peck. Why are you so excited, Jung Soojung?

“Do you have anywhere to go?” Myungsoo asked.

“Here!” She answered and pointed to a picture in the brochure in her hands. “It’s like the one in Namsan Mountain. Throwing a coin of wish! It's over there!" She pointed to visible fountain on top of the mountain in front of them.

They climbed up slowly before they reached the top, only to see a lot of couples were there.

“Wanna throw one?” He handed a coin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter