#o12 - The Real Vacation

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure that she can travel far?” Myungsoo asked again over the phone to his wife’s cousin which caused the latter to let out an annoying sigh.

“For the nth time, yes, she can.” Minhyuk scoffed. “How many times do I have to answer you that?"

“I need a confirmation, geez.” He hissed back before hanging up and starting the engine.

“If oppa said no, would you cancel this trip?” She asked and blinked at him.

“Of course, I’m going to send you back to get the therapy.” He answered and arranged her bang. “I’m going to lock you in the hospital.”

“I’m going to escape.” She giggled as he started driving.

After two weeks of therapy and staying in the hospital, she insisted on going back home. Her oppa agreed, seeing how her condition has improved much better, but she needed to come back later to continue her therapy.

“I’m going to drag you back.” He said and she laughed. “Are you feeling uncomfortable?”

“I’m okay, Nampyun!” She chuckled. “It hasn’t been 5 minutes since we left home.”

“I’m just worried.” He sighed.

“Are we going to live in the mansion?” She asked. “I thought you want to live in the apartment.”

“But you look the happiest staying in your father’s house.” He replied. “So, it’s for the better.”

“Gomawo, Nampyun!” She smiled at him. “For everything you’ve done to me.”

 

 

After several hours of driving, they finally reached the city of Busan. During Soojung tried to stay awake for the whole drive to accompany her husband, but after the first two hours, she fell asleep until they reached the location.

Parking his car in front of one large Hanok house, he shook her lightly, causing her to stir. She stretched her limps lazily before rubbing his eyes.

“We’re arrived?” She asked sleepily.

“Yes, we’re here.” He answered and unbuckled his seat and hers before she followed him out. As soon as the front door was opened, he smiled excitedly before running to hug the old lady. “Ahjumma, I miss you.”

“Aigoo, our Myungsoo grew a lot since the last time I saw him.” She chuckled and returned his hug before her eyes landed on Soojung who was standing by the car door.

“Annyeonhaseyo!” Soojung greeted as she bowed.

“You must be Soojung.” Yuja Ahjumma smiled at her. “Myungsoo talks a lot about you.”

“Nice to meet you, ahjumma!” She smiled politely.

“You’re so pretty and polite to boost.” Ahjumma grinned widely. “Come on in! Halmoni has been waiting you guys since the morning.”

They nodded before following her lead inside the house.

Yuja Ahjumma was his grandmother’s housekeeper that has been looking after his mother and him while they were young. He would visit them whenever he’s free. She was regretted that they couldn’t go to his wedding because it was such an abrupt event that she thought it must be a shotgun wedding, but he explained that it wasn’t later.

“Aigoo, my handsome grandson.” An old lady smiled slightly at the sight of her one and only grandson. Myungsoo immediately approached him and tightly hugged her, causing the older lady to tear up. “I miss you, my Myungsoo.”

“Halmoni, I miss you.” He kissed her cheeks. “How are you? You’re not hurting anywhere, right? You’ve been drinking the health supplement I sent you, right?”

“Aigoo! Aigoo!” Grandmother Kim laughed. “I’m still fine, as you see. She is Soojung you’re talking about, right?”

“Annyeonhaseyo, Jung Soojung imnida!” Soojung smiled and bowed respectfully.

“She has been become Kim Soojung for a while.” He added. “She’s my wife, halmoni.”

“Myungsoo told me that you just had a surgery. You’re doing okay?” She asked and led the younger lady to sit down on the warm floor.

“Nae, I’m doing well.” Soojung answered. “I’ve been receiving the therapy, so I’m recovering slowly.”

“After Myungsoo knew that you’re coming, Yuja has been simmering her samgyetang since early the morning.” Halmoni said. “It’s good for your health and it’s perfect for the cold season.”

“I must be invisible in your eyes, halmoni.” Myungsoo butted in. “You haven’t talked to me since you started talking with my wife.”

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Did you even take care of your wife?” She hit his arm with her wrinkled hand and examined the younger lady’s body. “How can she be so stick thin?”

“Halmoni!” He whined and rubbed the red spot on his arm. “She has a fast metabolism. What can I do about that?”

“Fast metabolism, my !” She raised her arm, attempted to hit him again, but he used his hands to block his face.

“Not the face!” He flinched.

“He took a very good care on me, halmoni.” Soojung stepped in to defend her husband.

“Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter