Epilogue | [PLEASE READ THE A/N!]

Paper Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten years ago, if you asked him whether he wanted to get married, the answer definitely came out as a ‘No’. But if you asked him now, he would have regretted to death if he didn’t agree to the deal that his wife offered him.

Witnessing how hard his mother had lived, Myungsoo swore to never get married, but he was glad that he did, anyways. He was glad that he started this family even though it all started with an arranged marriage.

 He realized that having his kids running around, laughing and smiling was the best feeling ever. Waking next to the beautiful woman that he will spend the rest of his life with was even the best thing and his most favorite thing every single morning.

Life was hard and stress, but as soon as he stepped his feet into the house, all the fatigue washed off. The smile and kiss that his wife greeted him, along with the warmest hugs that his kids gave him after his wife reminded him that he was the luckiest man alive on earth.

 

And he loved it, that way. A lot!

Myungsoo stirred awake when he felt rise and fall on his bed. He turned to the side, but instead of his wife’s slender figure, his arm landed on the small figure. He beamed a small smile and encircled his arms around that figure.

“Daddy! Wake up!” A small cute voice of a 6-year-old boy said and squirmed in the father’s eyes. “Mommy asks you to wash up and eat breakfast.”

“Daddy wants to eat Daeul, instead.” Myungsoo chuckled and rested his right leg on Daeul’s legs. “Mommy said that Daeul is more delicious than the breakfast.”

“Daddy! Daddy!” Daeul giggled loudly and wiggled when his daddy tickled him. “MOMMY!”

Myungsoo instantly halted when Daeul yelled for his mother. And suddenly, he heard a voice yelled out from the kitchen.

“KIM MYUNGSOO!”

Myungsoo shut his eyes and snickered when Daeul giggled silently. Giving his father a kiss on his cheek, Daeul jumped off the bed excitedly.

“Good morning, daddy! Happy Vernary”

He smiled and shook his head at how Daeul greeted him in his broken speech.

Greeting with the delicious aroma of bacon and pancake, along with the fresh brewed coffee aroma, Myungsoo walked into the kitchen and his elder daughter, 10-year-old Soeul who was in her pink apron came up to him and gave him a morning kiss.

“Morning, daddy! Happy anniversary!” Soeul smiled widely. “My first ever pancake is ready, with mommy’s assistance, of course.”

“Good job, lil one!” He gave her a smile and ruffled her hair before she went back to place the utensil on the table.

Myungsoo walked to his wife who was standing by the coffee machine before throwing his arms around her waist and placing his chin on her shoulder.

“Good morning, buin!” He leaned in and gave her a peck on her lips. “Happy anniversary!”

“Good morning, nampyun and happy anniversary!” She smiled and patted his cheek, completely forgetting that she just yelled at him half an hour ago. “It has been a good ride.”

“And it will keep going on that way.”

“Eat your breakfast!” She said. “We need to go Junsu’s birthday party before celebrating our anniversary tonight.”

“Can we not go?” He groaned and leaned his back against the counter top. “It won’t hurt if we don’t go one time.”

“It won’t hurt us, but it will hurt Junsu and Soeul.” She shrugged. “Come on! They’re best friends and besides, he is Bona’s nephew.”

“But he’s not my nephew.” He shook his head stubbornly. “I don’t mind the fact that we have to celebrate our anniversary at night. But the fact that he always has that weird gaze whenever he looks at Soeul. Like the way I look at you!”

“What are you talking about?” She laughed before holding the two mugs of their coffee and placed it on the table. “They’re still kids.”

“They’re 10 this year.” He answered. “Buin, man knows their fellows the best.”

“Yeah, so?” She crooked her eyebrows. “They’re 10 and they’re best friends. I don’t see why we can’t go. Junsu’s parents had already invited us and I already gave them a ‘yes’. It’s rude not to show up.”

“We can just tell them that we’re busy.” He tried to reason with her as he took his seat at the head of the table.

“It’s not good to lie, daddy.” Soeul said and poured the maple syrup onto her brother’s plate. “You’re always against me going to Junsu’s birthday party.”

“See?” Soojung added. “Even Soeul thinks that it’s absurd.”

“She didn’t say that.” He responded.

“I basically mean that.” Soeul mumbled silently, but loud enough for her parents to hear and Soojung smiled at the timid reply of her daughter. “He’s my best friend. It’s only right that I attend his party.”

“Gosh!” Myungsoo groaned and inhaled. “Why do I never win this two ladies?”

“There’s a way.” Soojung blurted out. “I will forbid Soeul from going to Junsu’s if you’re willing to do something in return of that?”

“What do I have to do?” Myungsoo asked. The request was quite tempting. His daughter didn’t have to go and he didn’t have to worry about how Junsu looked at his daughter.

“It’s easy.” His wife answered with a victorious smirk. “If you’re willing to sleep in the guest room for a month from now, then Soeul won’t have to go to Junsu’s this year.”

Soeul instantly smiled at her mother’s request and she was already knew the answer.

“Buin!”

 

Jung Soojung 1

Kim Myungsoo 0

While the elders were helping each other with the food and décor, Daeul with Minhyuk and Bona’s son, Daebak, Soeul was left alone. So, she decided to take a stroll at the backyards where Junsu’s mother planted all kinds of flowers.

It was her favorite place in this house. As much as she wanted to pick the flower, she resisted the urge even though she knew her best friend’s mother won’t mind at all.

“What are you doing here?” A voice blurted out from behind and Soeul flinched in surprised. She sighed in relief upon knowing who was that and glanced to the back while she was still sitting on the swing. “Why aren’t you inside?”

“I want to sit here more.” She shrugged and diverted her eyes back to the flowers.

Somehow, she did feel shy around this best friend of her. And that was her secret that her father shouldn’t find out or he will flip out.

“Daeul and Daebak are inside.” He said and took a seat on the empty swing beside her. “Why don’t you join them?”

“Why don’t you join them, then?” She snorted back.

“I want to accompany you more.” Aww, Lee Junsu! “In case, you’re lonely.”

“Who said that I’m lonely?” She mumbled. “I didn’t say anything. How do you know?”

“Sixth sense?” He smiled, showing his cute eye smile and dimple. “Come on! There’s nothing I don’t know about you.”

She secretly smiled and rocked her swing back and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter