Grip

His Faith

When Suho left the room went silent once more no one knew what to say or do at time like this. Kyungsoo sighed taking matters into his own hands "Luhan,Yixing"he called getting their attention "see if you can find anything for Baekhyun to wear and you guys could use the little privacy to catch up"he said making Luhan nod before getting up and pulling Baekhyun up with him.

"There might be some in the room I stayed in....and that k you Kyungsoo"the latter mumbled before exiting the room with his friend and brother.

Kyungsoo waited until he heard them going up the stairs before shifting his gaze towards the three other males left in the room.

"Anyone wants to help me pack some food?"he asked and Kai volunteered to help,with a nod Kyungsoo left the room with Kai following him behind him closely.

The other two male males in the room just blatantly stared at each other, each seeming to challenge the other to speak first.

"So....fire huh?"Sehun broke the silence leaning back in the chair to sit more comfortably,Chanyeol shrugged at him and Sehun rolled his eyes.

"is it a problem? What is wind better than fire?"the fire manipulator asked and Sehun shook his head "no,of course not I was just asking-"he started to explain but was cut off by Chanyeol "relax,I'm only teasing you"Chanyeol chuckled "you haven't changed a bit"he stated.

Sehun looked at the older male confused "haven't changed?"he asked "what the hell do you mean by that?"he frowned dyeing Chanyeol suspiciously.

"Well for starters your hair may have changed from that entire patch of rainbow bush you had on your head but personality wise....not so much"Chanyeol obeserved.

Sehuns eyes narrowed at Chanyeol but the other didn't seem bothered by it,he wondered how Chanyeol knew about his hair after all that was many years ago.

"I still don't understand how you knew that-"Sehun started but was interrupted again only this time not by Chanyeol but be the rumbling and the shaking of the house,both boys jumped to their feet trying to stay steady.

"Kyungsoo please tell me that's you!!"Sehun yelled crapping a hold of the wall to keep his balance.

"It's not!!!"he heard Kyungsoo yell back making Sehun curse all hell in his head.

A scream and something shattering up tbe stairs caught both males attention before they glanced at each other,a nod from Chanyeol had them racing out of the room and up the stairs while trying to maintain their balance.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Kyungsoo walked into the kitchen with Kai behind him and without wasting any time he started to take out anything that was edible anad that could go on for days such as canned goods,he piled them all on the table before he pulled out two sacks and started to fill them with the help of Kai.

He kept glancing at the latter to make sure he was okay because although Kai was quiet, he was never this quiet.

"Okay,what's bothering you?"he stopped packing the bag and asked finally.

Kai glanced up at him briefly and shrugged his shoulders.

"Is it about petal?"he asked smirking lightly when he saw Kai pause in his actions,he really did have the most ridiculous names for a certain baby someone.

"He's not petal anymore, he's simply Lu..Han..."Kai grumbled out continuing with his task at hand and Kyungsoo sighed walking around the table to wrap his arms around the latter.

"Kai.....it's not his fault,he was just a little boy, he didn't have a choice and it was for his own safety."Kyungsoo tried to make the situation better "he's still your little sha paozi"Kyungsoo smiled at the name but felt Kai stiffen.

Kai shook Kyungsoo's arms from around him "thats just it."he clenched his fists "he isn't mines,he never was mines and he will never be mines"he began packing the cans in the bag once more "Kai don't say tha-"Kyungsoo began to say but quickly shut his mouth when he saw Kai's glare "you weren't there,you didn't see what I saw. You dont know how much pain we suffered.....he...us...we...we weren't ready"he spoke with a distant look in his eyes Kyungsoo noted when Kai began to trail off before he stopped talking all together.

He wondered what Kai meant by 'we and us' before he moved over to his own sack and started to pack it again.

"We?"he asked quietly keeping his eyes focused on the bag in front kf him.

He sensed Kai looking at him for a long while before he answered "Sehun and I"he replied simply before zipping up the bag and moving over to the cupboards going through them to see if there was more.

Kyungsoo didn't say anything after that and Kai was glad,he didn't feel like going down memory lane,it didn't seem like the time for it. And going down memory lane means he had to remember....remember what happened all those years ago.

Kai was so lost in thought that it took him a while to realize that the ground was shaking and then for hin to realize that the entire house was shaking,he whipped around to face Kyungsoo ready to tell him to calm the down but he was met with Kyungsoo's shocked expression when he turned around.

"What the hell is happening?"he asked holding onto the counter for support while Kyungsoo held onto the table "I don't know"Kyungsoo replied

"Kyungsoo please tell me that's you!!"They heard Sehuns yelling and Kyungsoo looked at Kai before telling Sehun it wasn't him.

Kai attemoted to move over to Kyungsoo before he list his balance and fell just when a loud scream and something shattering upstairs caught their attention.

"You should go!"Kyungsoo yelled at Kai but the latter shook his head and crawled over to Kyungsoo "Sehun can handle it and I'm not leaving you in here by yourself "he grunted and Kyungsoo rolled his eyes

"I can take care of myself"he argued and Kai shot him a glare "so can I but you still take care of me"he said making Kyungsoo stare at him.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"I think this would fit"Luhan said as he pulled some clothes out of the closet in the room he slept in the night prior,he closed the closet doors and moved over to the bed laying them out as Baekhyun stood by the window with Yixing.

He lifted his head and looked at the both of them,they we're the only people he had as family now. No. He had the others too or they wouldn't have helped them or they could be doing their job because they didn't want the world to come to an end.

"I'm going to check on Joonmyun,okay?"a voice said shaking him out of his thoughts and he nodded smiling at Yixing,the latter gave him a questioning look before exiting the room.

"Baek....I know you're shaken up but it's best if you change into these"he spoke up walking over to where hi friend stood "I can't believe they never told me who I was and for all I know they could be dead"Baekhyun said suddenly and Luhan kept mum not knowing what to say because honestly they we're both in the same situation.

When the latter walked away from the window to get changed Luhan stayed rooted in his spot "I don't know who I am anymore"he muttered but Baekhyun heard him "am I a normal 18 year old with a loving family and a crazy best friend or am I 18 year old from some alternative universe whose knocked up out of the blue with a child that has something these shadowed soldiers or whatever they are wants....am I me or is me entire exitense just a joke"he sighed taking a deep breath "it's a question I don't know the answer to"he mumbled almost screaming when Baekhyun came up to him and slapped him across the cheek.

"Listen to me and listen good. I don't care who these people say you are,but to me you're Luhan,you're the Luhan who got exited because his baby brother said his first word,you're the Luhan who stood up to a bully in third grade to defend his best friend,you're the Luhan who cried because you thought your dad was eating your mom when they kissed,you're the Luhan who laughed so hard cried when Yixing tells you a joke that's not even funny,you're the Luhan who took half the blame for things i did,you're the Luhan who cooked mac and cheese at 3 am because yixing was hungry and you didnt wajt him t wake your parents even though you knew they would have made it for him and you were only 7!,you're the Luhan who snuck out in the middle of the night just to come see me when i missed school for a day because you were too worried to sleep,you're the Luhan who is so selfless you forget to take care of yourself because you're too busy taking care of others,you're the Luhan who is now carrying another life and you're the Luhan who is going to stop all those ugly sons of monsters because you're the Luhan who will do anything to protect those he loves"by the time Baekhyun finished Luhan was in tears making Baek hug him tightly "you're the Luhan your brother, your parents and I adore because you're just Luhan and nothing will change that"he squeezed his bestfriend "if you say like that about yourself again,I'm kicking your "Baekhyun joked to lighten the mood and instantly felt relieved when Luhan laughed.

"Thank you...I needed that"he sniffled before pulling away to wipe his eyes "don't thank me,I'm your bestfriend and I won't tolerate you speaking like that....look at it as a scolding"Baekhyun explained

"Wow....I would have never imagined I'd get scolded by you Byun....since I'm the one always scolding you"Luhan laughed

"Well my friend the tables have turned"Baekhyun grinned and Luhan rolled his eyes befire hugging his friend once more before a dreadful feeling came over him.

"Do you feel that?"Luhan asked pulling out of the hug and Baekhyun looked at him confused "feel what?"he asked looking around "it feels like the ground is rumbling...."Luhan trailed off before his eyes widened when he realized that indeed not only was the ground shaking but so was the entire house.

"We have to get to the door"Baekhyun spoke up as they held onto each other trying to make it over to the door without falling, as they were getting closer the house shook a bit more roughly causing the both of them to lose their balance and fall rolling away from each other whole the closet fell and blinked the door.

Baekhyun who ended up near the bed tried to get up but once again the house shook causing him to fall and this time landing on his hand making him yelp out of shock and pain.

Luhan who was near the window still trying to stand whipped his head around to stare at his friend "Baek! Are you okay?!"he asked crawling over to his friend hastitly only to let out a scared scream when the windows shattered,looking up he noted the bright lights outside of the windows and he noticed how the walls began to crack.

Ignoring them he quickly hunched over his friend trying to calm a sobbing Baekhyun down "it's okay, it's okay"he kept repeating like a mantra.

A loud bang by the door caused Luhan to look up scared for both their lives,once the banging continued Luhan got up and walked over to the door that was blocked off "Luhan?! Open the door!!"came Sehuns voice on the other side causing Luhan to release a breath he didn't know he was holding "I can't! The closet is blocking it"he explained causing Sehun to bang more on the door "are you and Baekhyun okay?"he asked and Luhan glanced at Baekhyun who was still sobbing quietly while craddling his arm "he hurt his wrist!"he replied causing Sehun to curse loudly.

"Okay Luhan. Chanyeol and I can't get in and Baekhyun won't be able to help you move it"Sehun started "so I need you to move it okay?"he asked and Luhan was quiet for moment "how?"he asked atfter while.

"I'll guide you through it,juts close your eyes,relax your mind and take a deep breath"Sehun told him and Luhan followed "now focus on the closet and focus on moving it"he spoke calmly "how will it work?"Luhan asked not very confident "trust me it will,just focus on moving the closet and focus on getting Baekhyun help"Sehun still spoke calmly.

Luhan sighed before taking a deep breath and fucosing his attention of moving the closet away from the door, he focused on his friends pained sobs,he didn't want Baekhyun in pain anymore,concentrating a little more Luhan felt the little pull from the closet causing a surpsued help to come from his lips before he went back to focusing moving the closet little by little.

He was startled out if his focus when Sehun suddenly barged in with Chanyeol behind him,Luhan eyed them a little before he rushed over to Sehun hugging him tightly "I did it! I dont know how but I did it!"the latter chirped not noticing how stiff Sehun had gotten in his arms.

Sehun slowly relaxed his body before hugging Luhan back tightly "you aren't hurt are you?"he asked and Luhan shook his head "no,I'm okay"the latter answered before pulling out of the hug and looking up at Sehun.

Sehun stared back and Luhan looked away before waking over to Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Sehun felt stupid.

 


 

A/N

Soooooo this chapter has a lot going on in it Chanyeol seems to know Sehun and Kai seems to be fighting to stay away from his past and Luhan needs to come to to terms with accepting who he is. OMG so much stuff going on and that little HunHan hug at the end anywayyyyy tell me what you guys think!!!