Dream

His Faith

Warmth.

 

That's all he felt as he laid there basking in the comfort of the really soft and moist....grass? He came to realize as he ran his fingers over it. His eyes fluttered open slowly as he woke up from his peaceful sleep,staring up at the clear blue sky above him wondering where he was since he fell asleep in his bed the last time he checked. 

 

'A Dream?'he wondered as he sat up,his gaze flittering around the beautiful garden he suddenly woke up in. As he looked around he realized that he was not only surrounded by flowers and tree's but there were animals around as well,if you listened closely you could hear the birds hushed chirps and twigs snapping as the others tried to hide,he could also feel their piercing yet innocent gazes on him. Which made him wonder how that could be when this was a dream after all.

 

Nonetheless he got up and dusted off his 'dress?'he blinked down at the soft cotton white dress,layered with golden thread at the bottom and most likely in a pattern he was sure he wouldn't understand,and the other piece of the dress was attached by the shoulders only, probably made to look like a train for the dress it was made from sheer fabric by the looks of it and it had golden stars embed into it.

 

He didn't dwell on that for long though because one of the animals decided to join him where he stood,he looked down at the little fawn and couldn't help but smile bending down to pet it's little head. The fawn grunted in delight before heading towards the fountain located in the middle of the garden which he hadn't noticed before,he was sure it wasn't there before. He stood watching as the fawn walked towards it,as if sensing the other wasn't following him the fawn stopped and looked back beckoning with it's head.

 

"You want me to come with you?"he asked quite surprised that he understood what the fawn wanted,then he remembered that he was actually in a dream.

 

The fawn grunted happy to know that he understood and started walking again,he laughed lightly and started to follow behind the little fawn.

 

The fountain itself up close was really beautiful, the designs and symbols were nothing like he'd seen before and it was golden. The water however wasn't clear at all in fact it was blue a turquoise kind of blue but he could still see his reflection as clear as day in it. He sat there at the edge of the fountain peering curiously into the water wondering why he was having this weird yet peaceful dream,he was so lost in thought that hearing the fawn grunt startled him.

 

He steered his gaze away from the water to look at the fawn only to be met with not only the fawn but probably a whole forest of animals. He stared in shock and amazement seeing all this animals looking at him with curiosity and wonder.

 

"Hello there..."he greeted quite awkwardly. Its not everyday you talk to a bunch of animals. He was worried that they were afraid of him,he was ready to prove them wrong if they though he was dangerous but he got interrupted by the fawns grunts. Apparently that was all that was needed for them to surround him and sniff him quite inappropriately if he might add.

 

"Woah. Okay now one at a time"he coaxed but it seems they all want to get to him. By the time they were all satisfied he was tired and parched but there was nothing for him to drink,he didn't think he could get parched in a dream. He sighed softly petting the fawn that managed to climb onto the edge of the fountain on his own while he stares in the water.

 

He was surprised when some birds showed up footing around him most likely trying to get his attention. "Okay. I'm up"he said getting off the fountain "what is it?"he asked gazing at the birds,he was expecting them to want to play or be petted but instead he was surprised to see them bringing out a glass,when he picked it up and examined it. It was made out of crystal but shaped like a glass and vines were wrapped around it with time little flowers here and there.

 

He smiled.

 

"Thank you."he said genuinely "but where am I supposed to find water?"he wondered out loud looking at them,the birds chirped and flew to the fountain. He realized that they wanted him to drink from it "are you sure?"he asked,they chirped again but he hesitated,a grunt from the fawn next to him made him look over,he nodded and carefully filled the glass with the water from the fountain and borough it to his lips,he drank slowly and carefully realizing that it didn't taste any different from normal water and he did feel refreshed.

 

However before he got a chance to set the glass down and thank the animals again,a sudden pain in his abdominal hit him so hard the gasp that left his mouth could he heard from miles away. He held onto the fountain and sat down the pain was too much he couldn't deal with it standing,his grip on the edge didn't falter one bit as he sat there panting. His head started to spin and he began losing his grip from the fountain,he didn't feel his head hit the ground so he knew he was laying on something but he didn't know what eventually the pain got too much and he passed out. The last thing he heard before everything went dark was the fawns low grunt.