Chapter 22

Sassy Go Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin and Ha Joon blinks at the appearance of Yeol's father and Yeon Doo's mother. Yeol and Yeon Doo's jaws are hung open in shock as their eyes dart from their parents faces to the interlinked hands while the parents does the same to their children. The four students had been on a double date in town when they crashed into the two adults.

"Uh.." Soojin stuttered as Ha Joon visibly froze.

"Hello Ahjumma." Soojin awkwardly bows to Yeon Doo's mother which snaps her out of her trance.

"Ah, hello there Soojin."

"I think...I'm going to go home with Yeol..." Yeol's father trails off as Yeon Doo's mother nods quickly.

"Of course of course! Have a nice night! Yeon Doo follow me inside please." Yeon Doo's mother grabs hold of Yeon Doo's hand and begins dragging her down the street with Yeol's father doing the same.

"Choi Soojin! You're coming with me!" Yeon Doo screeches as Soojin pales.

"I don't want too.." Soojin mutters while dragging Ha Joon behind her.

"Wait, why am I going?!" Ha Joon panics not wanting to be in the middle of a fight he could feel that was about to begin.

"If I have to suffer, you have too as well." Soojin remarks as they trail behind the mother and daughter duo.

" my life." Ha Joon swears as he follows along.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes! Good Job everyone!" Coach Nam announces as the cheerleading members successfully runs through their routine without one mistake.

"Do you think we'll be able to get number 1?" Tae Pyung asks as he hangs off of Hyo Sik's back.

"Number 2!" Coach Nam jokes as the rest of the members laugh along.

"Guys! We have a problem!" Da Mi announces as she returns to the room after going to get water. She motions for the rest of the members to follow her as they come to the center of the building where a large poster is posted.

"Due to allegations sent to the education board." Soojin reads aloud as her eyes dart across the piece of paper. "The cheerleading club is hereby disbanded until further notice. They are no longer a club and will go back to being two separate clubs as Real King and Baek Ho."

"Wow, I can't believe Real King was saved this way." Hyo Sik snorts.

"But if we're disbanded that means we can't go to regionals." Tae Pyung wails as his words sink in to the other members.

"All that practice for nothing? Are you serious?" Yeol mutters from his spot beside Ha Joon whose hands rest on Soojin's shoulders.

 

The former cheerleading room goes back to the way it looked before. The students mingle around as the air is somber. Teacher Yang and Coach Nam had yet to arrive back after visiting the principal's office looking for details. Soo Ah clutches tightly onto her cell phone after calling her mother. Her mom reassures her that she's doing everything she can to prevent the cheerleading club from beind disbanded but Soo Ah can tell that it's going to be hard.

"The verdict?" Hyo Sik pipes up as Teacher Yang and Coach Nam re-enters the room.

"There's nothing Principal Choi can do." Coach Nam starts as she begins to grab her bags. "She's no longer the principal as I am no longer an instructor of the school."

"What?" Da Mi sutters out as Yeon Doo's eyes widen in disbelief.

"Since there's no cheerleading club, there's no reason to keep me around." Coach Nam explains gently.

"But that's not fair." Soojin voices. "The competition is only days away!"

The students remain silent, not believing that their luck had run out. They were all beginning to become close friends too.

"There's nothing we can do." Teacher Yang voices softly. "It came from the board."

"I will cherish all the memories that I've made with each and every one of you. Forget all the fights that all of you had with one another and the arguments. But rather hold onto the happier times and learning the routines. After all, cheerleading is known for teamwork. Although, it took you guys quite awhile, you'v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter