Chapter 10

Sassy Go Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The journey back to campus was quiet. Dong Jae had decided to go and visit his parents and bid the other four good bye while telling them to keep the teachers from finding out. Yeol and Yeon Doo were sitting in the seats, arguing with one another about some trivial matter. Ha Joon and Soojin were standing beside them. Ha Joon had his hand wrapped tightly around the top pole while Soojin still had her arms wound tightly around his middle with her face buried into his chest. One arm rested on her shoulder, as he tugged her closer, frowning when he could feel her shivering aganist him.

The rain began to let up and soon the sun was shining through the crowds just as they made it back to school grounds. Silently, the group walked through the gates and to the dorm before pausing when they reached the inside staircase.

"Meet up after we all change?" Yeol offered as Yeon Doo nodded in confirmation before trying to gently tug Soojin out of Ha Joon's arms. But Soojin wouldn't let go much to Ha Joon's delight. Yeon Doo looked helplessely at Yeol who in turn looked at Ha Joon.

Gently but firmly, Ha Joon placed his arms on her shoulders as he pried her away from him.

"You're going to catch a cold if you stay in wet clothes Soojin. Go with Yeon Doo and come back to Sevit Island when you're done okay?"

Soojin looked at him uncertainly. She didn't understand why she was being like this. The usual stoic and expressionless Soojin had turned into a little girl afraid to leave her comfort zone.

"I'll be here with Yeol." He promised as Yeol nodded in agreement before Soojin allowed Yeon Doo to tug her in the direction of their room. Ha Joon watched the two of them until they turned the corner before heading up the stairs with Yeol.

"So when are you going to ask her out?" Yeol asked as he slapped Ha Joon's shoulder who grinned before pulling Yeol into a headlock.

"Right when you're going to confess to Yeon Doo." Laughing, the two of them made their way to their room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look at what the cat drawled in." Soo Ah drawled out with Jae Young and Na Young behind her as Soojin froze, towel in her hand. Yeon Doo had gone to shower and left Soojin in their room before promising to come out quickly. The towel fell limply from her hand as her fingers wound themselves around her sweatshirt tightly. Na Young and Jae Young glanced uneasily at one another, wanting to come to Soojin's aid but not wanting to face Soo Ah's wrath. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

"What do you want Soo Ah? Aren't you satisfied enough?" Soojin looked up blankly, her voice loud and clear as Soo Ah stared at her boredly.

"I'll be satisfied once you leave this school and I get the number one spot. Don't think for a moment that Ha Joon actually likes you." She spat out coldly as Soojin felt a smirk cross her lips. Glimpses of the old Soojin was finally reappearing much to Na Young and Jae Young's delight.

"Why?" Soojin mocked as she stood up before taking a step forward causing Soo Ah to take an alarmingly step backwards.

"Does someone have a little crush on Ha Joon?" Soojin cooed as if she was talking to a child. Soo Ah merely scoffed as she crossed her arms.

"Why would I like him? I have other things to worry about." She huffed out but Soojin could tell she hit a nerve with the slight wavering of her voice.

"Like getting first place right? Tell me, how is it always being second to the almighty Kim Yeol? It must be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter