First Year (Part Three)

Brave Girls and Golden Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As Wendy entered the Great Hall of Hogwarts to have lunch, and sat on the Slytherin table, everyone near her scooted away. Each boy, and girl wore a look full of antipathy, and distaste when she greeted them. 

“I wonder why are you scooting away from me! It’s not like I’m carrying some contagious disease.” Wendy said sarcastically, but her fellows only sneered at her. 

“You can sit near us when hell freezes over!” Lisa threw the words directly to her face, and the whole table roared with laughter. 

“It’s not funny.” Wendy grimaced.

“Yes it is.” said Jennie Kim. She was a third year, and a member of Lisa’s gang.

“It wasn’t even a joke.” Wendy shot back. 

“I didn’t know you were annoying,” Jennie retorted. “Listen kid, why don’t you shut your mouth, and eat your food.” 

“How can she eat when you just told her to shut up.” said Lisa, and the Slytherin table exploded into laughters again. 

Unfortunately, they weren’t laughing at Lisa’s joke, but at Wendy who’s face was red, looking embarrassed.

 

In front of the Slytherin table was the Gryffindor table.

A few of them witnessed Wendy getting humiliated, and amongst the witnesses was Irene Potter. The scene was very provoking, and it made her blood boil.

She may only be an eleven year old child, but it doesn’t mean children can’t be angry. 

“Don’t even think about it.” Moon Byulyi, a seventh year and the Head Girl of House Gryffindor caught Irene by the hood of her robe when she got up. 

“What are you talking about?” Irene pretended to be innocent but failed. 

“I’m not stupid.” Byulyi smirked. “I know you want to fight Lisa, and Jennie for bullying their fellow.” 

“W-What? I was about to go out. It’s kinda stuffy here.”

“Stuffy? Oh really?” 

“Did I stutter?” Irene’s milky-white face turned crimson red. 

“Yes, you did.” said Byulyi. “Now sit down, and finish your lunch.” 

 

Irene’s eyes traveled to the Slytherin table, and there they were, making fun of the Half-blood witch once again. 

“But Wendy—” 

“Wendy is not even your friend, and she’s not a student in our House either. Why the heck do you want to defend her?” Byulyi cut her off sharply. 

“It’s not about if she’s a friend or not.” Irene said gently. “My brother once told me that a Gryffindor should have the courage to stand up for anyone who’s in need for help.”

“Wise words from Harry, but not this time, dear.” 

“Why are you holding me back?” 

“Because I don’t want to see you getting in trouble, and I don’t want you to get hurt either.” The Head Girl stated in a soft voice. “Rumors said that Lisa, and her gang are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter