Sixth Year (Part Six)

Brave Girls and Golden Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello, dearest Seulgi.

I apologize for writing back late. I was piled with tons of works, and other business so I didn’t have enough time to check my mails. 

I’m doing fine, and our Jennie is doing great too. Our job is kinda stressful, but yeah we’re absolutely just fine. 

I thought you only mailed me to send you new clothes since you’re a total fashionista, but turns out you’re just asking me whether to confess your feelings to Wendy or not? Seriously Kang Seulgi? 

Don’t you dare. You hear me, young lady? Don’t you dare confess. The same goes to Irene too. 

You and Irene deserve Wendy as much as she deserves both of you, but not as lovers. Only as true friends, and sisters in soul. 

She’s not in love with someone. Heck, she doesn’t have a crush in the first place. She mentioned it in a letter few months ago when I asked her if she’s interested in someone or not.

I don’t want Wendy to get hurt, and feel awkward by your confession. She had been through a lot, and I don’t want you and Irene to make it worse. I don’t want you to destroy your great friendship.

I’m aware that bottling feelings feel so heavy, but hang in there my dear. Someday you, and Irene will get over of those feelings. It won’t be easy, but I know you both will.

Send my regards to Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore, I miss them so much. And I miss Hogwarts too.

And by the way, Jennie says Hi to the three of you.

Yours truly, Kim Jisoo. 

 

Seulgi sighed deeply as she thought about Jisoo’s letter. 

She was frustratedly disappointed, but Jisoo was right with every word she wrote. It was better for her, and Irene to keep their móuths shut until their romantic feelings for Wendy fade away into thin air. 

They were sure that someday they would be able to get over their secret love toward their best friend.

But it may take a long time because it’s been two years, and a half since the Slytherin witch stole their hearts. 

They developed a crush on her in their fourth year, and they eventually fell in love with her on their fifth year. They thought it wouldn’t last long, but as soon as they entered their sixth year, their feelings grew deeper. 

“Remind me why did we fell in love with our beloved Slytherin girl?” Irene said as she basked into the coolness of the water in the wide bathtub. 

She and Seulgi were in the Prefects’ bathroom, enjoying a lukewarm bubble bath to release their stress, and to calm their insides. 

They were leaning onto each other, bare skin against bare skin, hair completely soaked, fringe sticking to their foreheads, and countless of bubbles covering their bodies. 


“Because she’s a legendary beauty with a big heart of gold.” Seulgi replied as she inhaled the relaxing scent of Japanese cherry blossom. “Because she’s a lion-hearted girl always ready to fight for what is right. She may be small, and delicate as a lily flower, but she’s stronger than iron and steel.” 

“Exactly.” Irene smiled, it reached her eyes, but there was a spark of sadness in those hazel orbs. 

Even without asking, Seulgi immediately understood. 

The Gryffindor girl was an open book after all. 

“It’s hella frustrating, but please don’t be sad. One-sided love hurts, but confessing to Wendy will hurt her more.” she said as she wrapped an arm around Irene’s waist beneath the bubbling water. “Even if we don’t try, I’m already sure it would break her heart. Imagine if we tell her, we would sound like foolish romantics who desperately want to be her lovers, and that’s a bad thing.” 

“I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want to break Wendy’s heart.” Irene stated softly. “So let’s do what Jisoo said. Let’s keep our móuths shut.” 

“We’ll get through this together.” Seulgi said in a promising tone as she kissed the tip of Irene’s nose. “It’s better to stay best friends. We won’t lose her that way.” 

 

* *

 

“I’m afraid of the dark.” Wendy whimpered like a kicked puppy.

“I’m your torch.” Irene said as she clasped her hand with the Slytherin girl. 

“So am I.” Seulgi gave her an encouraging smile. 

 

Wendy smiled to herself as she remembered the first time she set her foot in the Forbidden Forest. It w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter